Page 104 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Anyone want to try to help? I have a Windows 7 Host with Ubuntu in a Virtual box with novacomm & Palm SDK installed but keep failing at this point with my meta-doctor Sprint build:
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS \
    -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/resources/webOS.tar -x
    tar: ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz: Wrote only 3584 of 10240 bytes
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 2

A new machine and rebuil produced the same error. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Got some new test scripts to try. These are designed to eliminate the need for step 5 (since that is the step everyone is having problems with).

Need some brave souls to test them. ./scripts/test-*

If you're on Sprint, you may get an extra special treat ...

-- Rod
    Could the Sprint surprise be... " your device is not compatible with this version of WebOS Doctor"

I noticed the new script for those step #5 handicapped people had the att pre plus mentioned an awful lot... I am definitely challenged here. I could use some more help. Anyone in South Florida?

I am on a legacy sprint. I followed the steps as best I know, using the cygwin method. My pre is showing 1.4.5 but clearly running 2.1.0.
    Should I be running these commands from cmd or cygwin? I believe Ed told me to do so unit cmd, but how do I get to meta-doctor thru cmd?

How could I have grabbed the wrong doctor??
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Yes I'm in windows. Cygwin runned the script yesterday today I went in to build folder and opened it and it just don't get my device. So what u mean services ? How do I get to it in xp?

Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Does that mean it is reported as 2.1 on the Palm Profile Server and not 1.4.5?
    I don't remember if anyone has reported that or not. Just that it works without masq/unmasq stuff. I'll try it as soon as I can. :-)
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I will probably attempt it sometime this weekend. I won't have a chance prior to then i don't believe.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    Could the Sprint surprise be... " your device is not compatible with this version of WebOS Doctor"

I noticed the new script for those step #5 handicapped people had the att pre plus mentioned an awful lot... I am definitely challenged here. I could use some more help. Anyone in South Florida?

I am on a legacy sprint. I followed the steps as best I know, using the cygwin method. My pre is showing 1.4.5 but clearly running 2.1.0.
    Should I be running these commands from cmd or cygwin? I believe Ed told me to do so unit cmd, but how do I get to meta-doctor thru cmd?

How could I have grabbed the wrong doctor??
    Go to the meta Doctor file, and
    open the build folder. Find the Doctor folder and look in etc. In etc is the palm-build-info file.

Use the latest quick install and transfer the file to the Pre.

Using WebOS Quick Install
    Confirm that novacomd is running on your computer
    Make sure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick Install.
    Select Tools->Send File from the menu, and enter the following values:
    File: (Select your palm-build-info-masq file)
    Destination: /etc/palm-build-info
    4. Click on Send to Destination
    5. Reboot after that succeeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    Also, trying to send the build info file to the phone, via quick install, but it isn't sending.
    1) Verify your phone is in Developer mode
    2) Do not put your phone in usb mode, Just Charge only
    3) Try sending the file via webOS Quick Install
    4) If step 3) fails, put the phone in usb mode
    5) copy the palm-build-info-unmasqed file unto your Palm Pre drive
    6) Disconnect the phone from the computer. Wait for usb screen to disappear
    7) Connect the phone to the computer and select Just Charge
    8) If you are using windows, open the Command prompt/window (assuming palm SKD and Novacom is installed in the C directory
    9) Type in cd \ and press Enter
    10) Type in cd "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" and press Enter
    11) Type in novacom run file://usr/sbin/rootfs_open -t
    12) Type in novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed and press Enter
    13) Type in novacom run file://sbin/reboot and press Enter

You can also browse to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\terminal and open/launch novaterm.bat
    From the Novaterm window/menu, click File => Connect => Click Ok to connect to your device.
    You can type each one of the command from steps 11 thru 13 above or use copy and paste to insert each command in the Novaterm window.
    After you run the last command in step 13), your phone will restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Yes I'm in windows. Cygwin runned the script yesterday today I went in to build folder and opened it and it just don't get my device. So what u mean services ? How do I get to it in xp?
    Right-click on My Computer => select Manage
    Click on Services and Applications => double-click on Services
    Or
    Click Start => Run Type in services.msc and press Enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    Go to the meta Doctor file, and
    open the build folder. Find the Doctor folder and look in etc. In etc is the palm-build-info file.

Use the latest quick install and transfer the file to the Pre.

Using WebOS Quick Install
    Confirm that novacomd is running on your computer
    Make sure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick Install.
    Select Tools->Send File from the menu, and enter the following values:
    File: (Select your palm-build-info-masq file)
    Destination: /etc/palm-build-info
    4. Click on Send to Destination
    5. Reboot after that succeeds.
    If using Sprint: then I would open meta-dctor, then build, the click on the meta-sprint-pre 2.1.0, then click on what... the webosdoctorp101ueude-wr 2.1.0? and then send to /etc/palm-build-info?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I don't remember if anyone has reported that or not. Just that it works without masq/unmasq stuff. I'll try it as soon as I can. :-)
    With the new script, my phone shows up on the palm profile server as 2.1.0. Consider it "reported". :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    With the new script, my phone shows up on the palm profile server as 2.1.0. Consider it "reported". :-)
    Wow are you able to purchase a 2.x app or view them in the catalog?
    Got some new test scripts to try. These are designed to eliminate the need for step 5 (since that is the step everyone is having problems with).

Need some brave souls to test them. ./scripts/test-*

If you're on Sprint, you may get an extra special treat ...

-- Rod
    I'm running ./scripts/test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 now on my Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Wow are you able to purchase a 2.x app or view them in the catalog?
    Coulda sworn I posted this already... :-p
    Yes, I an see 2.x apps in the catalog, such as the "Voices" app. I haven't tied purchasing one yet, since I don't have a credit card linked to my new test profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    If using Sprint: then I would open meta-dctor, then build, the click on the meta-sprint-pre 2.1.0, then click on what... the webosdoctorp101ueude-wr 2.1.0? and then send to /etc/palm-build-info?
    Double-click on webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar in that folder to start doctoring or upgrading your phone to 2.1.0

When the upgrade finish and you successfully logon to your phone, see post #2106 for instructions on sending the palm-build-info-unmasqed to your phone.
  15.    #2075  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I need some more reports before I make this the default for Sprint.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Double-click on webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar in that folder to start doctoring or upgrading your phone to 2.1.0

When the upgrade finish and you successfully logon to your phone, see post #2106 for instructions on sending the palm-build-info-unmasqed to your phone.
    Am already running 2.1.0 though... trying to figure out the masquing/unmasquing thing. Having little success
    "I am on a legacy sprint. I followed the steps as best I know, using the cygwin method. My pre is showing 1.4.5 but clearly running 2.1.0.
    I need some more reports before I make this the default for Sprint.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, if we've already disabled backups originally on 1.4.5 and gotten our profile into the meta doctor 2.1 back in one of the early on scripts, should we need to disable backups again now in order to try this newer script you speak of from 2.1 to 2.1? It sounds like the treat you speak of was finding a successful way to report Sprint profiles as 2.x which should solve the App Catalog issues.. If so, HUGE props!
  18.    #2078  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Rod, if we've already disabled backups originally on 1.4.5 and gotten our profile into the meta doctor 2.1 back in one of the early on scripts, should we need to disable backups again now in order to try this newer script you speak of from 2.1 to 2.1? It sounds like the treat you speak of was finding a successful way to report Sprint profiles as 2.x which should solve the App Catalog issues.. If so, HUGE props!
    Try it first leaving backups on.

-- Rod
    I did exactly what u guys told me to do and it still starts up normal
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    I'm running ./scripts/test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 now on my Sprint Pre
    I think this is what i was looking for! Thx... trying it now