Page 103 of 217 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    I am tring to use virtual box and EVERYTIME I get to down mega-doctor and I run out of space on it. I cannot figure out how to make the dive bigger.
    It shows an 8gb drive but the space is unallocated???

what am I missing?
    The Linux (Ubuntu) drive partition where you are meta-doctoring has run out of space. See if there is a bigger partition by running "df -m" in the command line. You'll want something with several hundred MB of free space, at the very least.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    I don't think that's the case. The only apps I can't purchase are the webOS 2.0 only apps (not to be confused with apps that need webOS 2 to function but are seen in the catalog on 1.x devices).
    Well, I can't even get the to App Catalog accounts on my daughter's phone. (Under Preferences in the top left). I'm going to doctor again with my 2.1 build and then try it again with a different Palm profile that I know worked a few days ago.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    OK. Doctored the phone, then it got to the profile and entered my details. Unfortunately, it said 'Sign In Failed'.

Created a new profile and it works very well. But I would like my old profile

Also, trying to send the build info file to the phone, via quick install, but it isn't sending.

EDIT: Created a new password for my old profile. I believe I was using the right password, but who knows?! However, it still says Data Not Restored.

EDIT: I guess I didnt turn off back-ups before. And so I'll go back to 1.4.5 and see what happens.
    Last edited by humblepie; 03/03/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    So what is this special treat for Sprint users in the test script?

-Dan
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi Guys, i am just curious if anyone has done a more recent meta doctor of 2.1 on a Sprint Device after a previous meta doctor of 2.1 and been able to recover everything from the Palm Backup. This is without reverting to 1.4.5 of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Hi Guys, i am just curious if anyone has done a more recent meta doctor of 2.1 on a Sprint Device after a previous meta doctor of 2.1 and been able to recover everything from the Palm Backup. This is without reverting to 1.4.5 of course.
    Been wondering the same question.. I've heard the 2.x backup includes things like SMS messages and launcher page configuration.. really curious if it'll do that for us now that we've upgraded our profiles to 2.x even though masking..
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    No, I've Doctored twice and not been able to use my existing profile.

EDIT: Looks like I didnt turn off backups in 1.4.5 going to give that a whirl and will let you know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    OK. Doctored the phone, then it got to the profile and entered my details. Unfortunately, it said 'Sign In Failed'.

Created a new profile and it works very well. But I would like my old profile

Also, trying to send the build info file to the phone, via quick install, but it isn't sending.

EDIT: Created a new password for my old profile. I believe I was using the right password, but who knows?! However, it still says Data Not Restored.
    If you did it right (by deleting the old profile backup), I think it SHOULD say "Data Not Restored" because there shouldn't be any data to restore. Even when it says Data Not Restored, you should be logged into the right profile (check palm.com/profile to confirm and you should get your apps downloaded to the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Have you tried bootloader recovery mode (w/ the volume up key)?
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Yes I tried few times and nothing changes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    No, I've Doctored twice and not been able to use my existing profile.

EDIT: Looks like I didnt turn off backups in 1.4.5 going to give that a whirl and will let you know what happens.

I don't think that you are doing the same thing. I am talking about doing a 2.1 Meta Doctor to a 2.1 Meta Doctor with the newer scripts.
    I wanna run new test script once I get home. I have a sprint pre for wifi only, but kinda of confused of the "test" scripts & how to initiate them. Would I redoctor & run it as: *./scripts/test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 --wifi-only ???? Thanks. I plan to donate to internals once some spare $. Great work/apps!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Yes I tried few times and nothing changes
    You really aren't giving us much information to help you out. Are you saying you have created a doctor with one of the scripts, and now want to run that doctor on your phone? Are you in Windows?

In windows, go to services and stop and start the Palm Novacom service. Then take battery out of your phone, hold down up volume button, plug cable into your computer, put battery in, and wait til you get a usb symbol on your phone. You should hear the usb sound several times on your computer. Release the up volume button and run your created doctor.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I don't think that you are doing the same thing. I am talking about doing a 2.1 Meta Doctor to a 2.1 Meta Doctor with the newer scripts.
    I was going to update the Meta Doctor with the test scripts...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    If you did it right (by deleting the old profile backup), I think it SHOULD say "Data Not Restored" because there shouldn't be any data to restore. Even when it says Data Not Restored, you should be logged into the right profile (check palm.com/profile to confirm and you should get your apps downloaded to the device.
    Nope, it wasn't logging in.

Would send me back to the login screen to try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    ROM Verification failure?

OPT+SYM+R to restart your phone, and it should be fine.
    I just remembered to shut of the backups and that seems to have started the doctor

OK. Sorry about that. I'm almost certain that I've gotten 'data not restored' and it continued with the log in process to download apps. Good luck figuring it out. I myself have what looks to be a permanent issue where my profile = 9.9.9 on a Verizon FrankenPre- (leftovers from Sprint Pre+ conversion).

But it's just my test phone and profile, so I'm just trying to figure it out for fun. I use Sprint Nav too frequently to actually convert my regular phone to 2.1 right now.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

The 2.1 backup is reported as 1.4.5 on the Palm Servers, therefore my guess is that it is why you are having the issues. Seems like you have to keep backup off in 2.1 on sprint, especially if you want to doctor to a 2.1 again.
    This is a semi-educated guess: Initially signing in as a masqed 1.4.x device, then later trying to recover 2.x backups from it has it all confused. With the new test-meta-scripts, you can apparently sign in without masqing, so that might help make backups more . . . functional.

I haven't tested it yet, because I've been busy with a "Sprint Pre2" conversion. I'll try to poke at it later today.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Does that mean it is reported as 2.1 on the Palm Profile Server and not 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You really aren't giving us much information to help you out. Are you saying you have created a doctor with one of the scripts, and now want to run that doctor on your phone? Are you in Windows?

In windows, go to services and stop and start the Palm Novacom service. Then take battery out of your phone, hold down up volume button, plug cable into your computer, put battery in, and wait til you get a usb symbol on your phone. You should hear the usb sound several times on your computer. Release the up volume button and run your created doctor.
    Yes I'm in windows. Cygwin runned the script yesterday today I went in to build folder and opened it and it just don't get my device. So what u mean services ? How do I get to it in xp?