Page 10 of 217 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurph05 View Post
    Thanks!! I just needed the make string, because I couldn't figure it out! You also used the o2 webOS doctor right?
    Yes, I used o2 doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Leathal, can you give a basic outline of what you did on your Sprint Pre? Did you have to use the VZW firmwake ipks? Or could you just go from the released EU doctor, add your Sprint tokens and 1.4.5 build info?
    1) Built the metadoctor using a custom palm-build-info and the following makefile:
    Code:
    ########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP  = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS  = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1

DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE  = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK  = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK    = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE    = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE  = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION  = 2GB
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS    = 1

CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ijxBPLubywOIrQgWKSWQQwiYDcR4eXzXlGJjkdj8XzMwTDHpth8av ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV5 t8/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC/eQGGRWJfACgAAA==
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3POw7CMBCEYdecIicItrHjA9DT5AAoglXkAoOMeRwfAyU0SBCa/2tGWk0x2843Q85R8nrVL9tyLer7dNU5d08TvK5pF87qx/0pKGNscMbbLlilje+8UY3+wZYXp2MZctOoLOcol+0gu31615M0xiSSYxqnmDWV/lA/KrN/zwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfOgGNIYjgAAoAAA=
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=palm-build-info

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus" or "pre2".
    DEVICE = preplus

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = wr

######################################
    ## END OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    2) Manually inserted the VZW firmware into the resulting jar and renamed the tar to match the empty cmda firmware tar already present.
    3) Replaced castle.xml with a modified version with the Sprint tokens.
    4) Replaced the HP bootlogo with the old Palm one

Still not 100% perfect since I don't have the Sprint apps packaged in yet, but definitely usable at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Yep, I can see Angry Birds, NFSU, etc. As far as purchasing apps goes, there's really not much I want to buy at this point, but it's letting me enter my profile password and gets me to the purchase confirmation screen.
    You won't know unless you actually press the confirm button. What happens on the leaked doctor is that it will let you try to download, but you always get Purchase Failed. Can you find a $1 app please?
    screwdestiny
    PSN • Twitter • Last.FM
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've tried everything but can't get past this:

/bin/sh: line 1: unzip: command not found
    make [1]: *** [build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked] Error 127
    make [1]: Leaving directory...
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I have the 'unzip' command added and still no go. Any ideas? I have no clue where to go from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    Is there Adobe Flash with this update? If not I will likely pass on attempting it.
    I just tried out a page with flash, and no it appears flash is not in this version, unless I am missing a setting somewhere.
    1) Built the metadoctor using a custom palm-build-info and the following makefile:
    Code:

CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ijxBPLubywOIrQgWKSWQQwiYDcR4eXzXlGJjkdj8XzMwTDHpth8av ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV5 t8/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC/eQGGRWJfACgAAA==
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3POw7CMBCEYdecIicItrHjA9DT5AAoglXkAoOMeRwfAyU0SBCa/2tGWk0x2843Q85R8nrVL9tyLer7dNU5d08TvK5pF87qx/0pKGNscMbbLlilje+8UY3+wZYXp2MZctOoLOcol+0gu31615M0xiSSYxqnmDWV/lA/KrN/zwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfOgGNIYjgAAoAAA=
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a

DEVICE = preplus

CARRIER = wr

2) Manually inserted the VZW firmware into the resulting jar and renamed the tar to match the empty cmda firmware tar already present.

Still not 100% perfect since I don't have the Sprint apps packaged in yet, but definitely usable at this point.
    Awwww. That's alot for me to learn. I want a simpler way. Or else...............

..............I'll hafta take the plunge and try the hard way.
    Code:

CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a

DEVICE = preplus

CARRIER = wr

can u view voice memos in the app catalog?

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I just tried out a page with flash, and no it appears flash is not in this version, unless I am missing a setting somewhere.
    Do you see a Play button in pages where Flash is there?

Also check in Browser prefs to see if there are settings for the Flash plugin.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    when i run the meta-doctor it changes my sprint pre screen to the white "connection" symbol and after about a minute or two i get an error from the doctor saying we are unable to restart your phone.. some help?

oh and the terminal says "flashing failed, moved to failed card
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    You won't know unless you actually press the confirm button. What happens on the leaked doctor is that it will let you try to download, but you always get Purchase Failed. Can you find a $1 app please?
    Haha, well okay. I'm currently flashing again (sheesh) with a metadoc that should have my Sprint apps. I'll buy Neato or something after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    when i run the meta-doctor it changes my sprint pre screen to the white "connection" symbol and after about a minute or two i get an error from the doctor saying we are unable to restart your phone.. some help?
    Is that before or after it actually flashes your phone? My previous MetaDoc gave that error at 82%, but the flash was still successful.
    Yep, I can see Angry Birds, NFSU, etc. As far as purchasing apps goes, there's really not much I want to buy at this point, but it's letting me enter my profile password and gets me to the purchase confirmation screen.
    Then spend .99 on Rod's "Preware Homebrew Documentation" to say thank you to him as well as let the rest of us know that everything is good on your profile.

It sounds like the only thing extra in the meta Dr. you did was the palm-build-info swap? I am also assuming you did the comm board swap set of tokens?

EDIT... I saw your post above. Thanks for all of the information. Great job!
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 02/22/2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: updated
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Mine booted fine even though the ROM verification failed (see Rwhitby's earlier comments about md5sums). It let me check my voicemail. I haven't logged into any profiles yet.

Sprint Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

No Flash.

Kinda weird since it was in the leaked 2.0.1 (albeit really freakin slow), but I guess Flash is so much of a piece of garbage that Palm simply didn't want to troubleshoot it on devices running at 500mhz.
    Haha, well okay. I'm currently flashing again (sheesh) with a metadoc that should have my Sprint apps. I'll buy Neato or something after that.
    Or, if you wanted to donate to webOS Internals anyway, you could buy the documentation That's quite a bit more than 1$ though.

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully I can flash my German Pre- tomorrow No lectures or anything else to do

€dith: Oooops. It's 0.99 pence and not more. Strange, I thought it was more.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    no percentage was show.. it said charging battery and then went to error screen. i'm gonna fully charge my battery.. see if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Then spend .99 on Rod's "Preware Homebrew Documentation" to say thank you to him as well as let the rest of us know that everything is good on your profile.

It sounds like the only thing extra in the meta Dr. you did was the palm-build-info swap? I am also assuming you did the comm board swap set of tokens?
    Pretty sure I already bought that as soon as it came out but never installed it. If I didn't, I definitely will!

I'm kinda out of commission for the next couple minutes and can't check; I'm flashing more than your creepy uncle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

No luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by freak2k View Post
    To all of you didn't get the news.

O2 germany has confirmed that they've uploaded the "wrong" WebOS doc, which was a testing doctor. So it has the wrong server adresses. What explains the whole cannot connect to server issue. Just wait a couple of hours until they've uploaded the right one.

Sry for my bad english.
    The above probably explains the below.

No Flash.

Kinda weird since it was in the leaked 2.0.1 (albeit really freakin slow), but I guess Flash is so much of a piece of garbage that Palm simply didn't want to troubleshoot it on devices running at 500mhz.
    Haha what is it with WebOS users and their eternal desperate hope for Flash?