Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I asked this on another Pre 2 ----> Sprint thread but I think it's been abandoned for the time being. But maybe someone like pastorrich1 can give us the state of the Pre 2 doctor?

Here was my question from the "Pre 2 on Sprint Step-by-Step Conversion Guide" Thread:

If I take the plunge this weekend with my unlocked UMTS Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my Sprint Pre and follow the instructions of this post using the Meta Dr. Can I expect everything else will be working?

If not let me know what specifically is still not worked out.

Thanks.
    Well, I can tell you that the version of Sprint Nav that was on 1.4.5 will NOT work with webOS 2.x. I haven't looked in the VZW carrier tarball (at apps anyway) to see what could or could not be used such as Amazon MP3. There are some options for how you install them. The easiest way is the custom carrier tarball option in the makefile (I haven't used it yet but will this weekend). But you can also install them from root after the fact.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, I can tell you that the version of Sprint Nav that was on 1.4.5 will NOT work with webOS 2.x. I haven't looked in the VZW carrier tarball (at apps anyway) to see what could or could not be used such as Amazon MP3. There are some options for how you install them. The easiest way is the custom carrier tarball option in the makefile (I haven't used it yet but will this weekend). But you can also install them from root after the fact.
    I haven't had a chance to try the new masqerade method yet, but sprint Nav is working for me using the old method based on the WR doctor.
    So just to be sure we are working with 3 MetaDoctors?

In order of usage:
    1. Token Doctor
    2. Profile Doctor
    3. Masquerade Doctor (per this thread)

Is that correct?
    Last edited by deesugar; 02/24/2011 at 11:16 PM.

In order of usage:
    1. Token Doctor
    2. Profile Doctor

Is that correct?
    I have not been able to try the new method yet, hopefully today or tomorrow but... in my head I am thinking it is all possible with just one Dr. and then after successful login with original profile you replace the palm-build-info so it all reports correctly on the phone even though the profile remains a 1.4.5 to the palm servers. Rod might comment on this when he has a chance.

Also most of the process can be made very simple with the scripting used in the 2.1 thread. The token write would be the only thing, but if that file were placed in the top level of the meta Dr. directory with anything else to be added in, the script could do it all I suppose.

In order of usage:
    1. Token Doctor
    2. Profile Doctor

Is that correct?
    If you want to take that route you may. There is no masquerade doctor though, afaikafaikafaik...

You can create one doctor, that has the modified tokens, and the customization for the carrier and model check, as well as the custom palm-build-info.
    I have not been able to try the new method yet, hopefully today or tomorrow but... in my head I am thinking it is all possible with just one Dr. and then after successful login with original profile you replace the palm-build-info so it all reports correctly on the phone even though the profile remains a 1.4.5 to the palm servers. Rod might comment on this when he has a chance.

Also most of the process can be made very simple with the scripting used in the 2.1 thread. The token write would be the only thing, but if that file were placed in the top level of the meta Dr. directory with anything else to be added in, the script could do it all I suppose.
    I realize that this is a evolving process and that hypothetically a lot could change. However I'm planning on doing this later today and I care more about the best outcome, using the most proven method then the shortest path. So that's why I'm asking for confirmation on what I think is the most proven method.

Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    If you want to take that route you may. There is no masquerade doctor though, afaikafaikafaik...

You can create one doctor, that has the modified tokens, and the customization for the carrier and model check, as well as the custom palm-build-info.
    I am to believe that this post which far as I can tell is the only Pre 2 ----> Sprint specific guide that includes the steps. Because the other thread entitled "Using Verizon Pre 2 doctor to assist in Sprint Pre 2 development" as of now is vague and has no guide.

I'm assuming as of now the outcome and results would be the same for either method, the only difference being one has the steps and uses the WR doctor and the other is more vague and uses the new Verizon Pre 2 doctor?

If I am mistaken about anything I just said please let me know and explain. I really am interested in getting this right.

Thanks so much.
    If you want to take that route you may. There is no masquerade doctor though, afaikafaikafaik..&$gt$;
    I'm very confused by that statement since it seemed this very thread was about creating a "Masquerade" doctor to allow access of a Pre 2 to the paid apps catalog?

There are links to this post as a means to achieve catalog access for the Pre 2. There are even screen shots a few posts below showing how that process allowed Rod to access the paid apps catalog.

Am I missing something?
    I'm very confused by that statement since it seemed this very thread was about creating a "Masquerade" doctor to allow access of a Pre 2 to the paid apps catalog?

There are links to this post as a means to achieve catalog access for the Pre 2. There are even screen shots a few posts below showing how that process allowed Rod to access the paid apps catalog.

Am I missing something?
    I meant there is no doctor that specifically deals with the masquerade process. I created 2 doctors myself. One wrote all of my sprint tokens, and the other had the custom palm-build-info as well as the custom carrier and model checks.

My mistake for the previous post, i see how it got confusing. I would just create one doctor knowing how everything works now, and have it write tokens, change the build info, as well as the installer.xml files.
    I would just create one doctor knowing how everything works now, and have it write tokens, change the build info, as well as the installer.xml files.
    Great, could you show us what that would look like?
    Makefile should look like this

########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ########################################

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1

CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ijxBPLubywOIrQgWKSWQQwiYDcR4eXzXlGJjkdj8XzMwTDHpth8av ZwPp106PSezBImKLHunLXOJ6XzmZO5nVoy1vnSFK3Mfe5t7600ii7z5cLtO9ZgkZtR7p4+m1n4I33Ya2i6ojl1o17i1lqMV2VfV5 t8/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC/eQGGRWJfACgAAA==
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=H4sIALt7FkwAA+3POw7CMBCEYdecIicItrHjA9DT5AAoglXkAoOMeRwfAyU0SBCa/2tGWk0x2843Q85R8nrVL9tyLer7dNU5d08TvK5pF87qx/0pKGNscMbbLlilje+8UY3+wZYXp2MZctOoLOcol+0gu31615M0xiSSYxqnmDWV/lA/KrN/zwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfOgGNIYjgAAoAAA=
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=base
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=a
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=palm-build-info
    And you'll need to edit your palm-build-info per rod's post

And Rod, if you could, clarify which directory the edited palm-build-info file should be placed in? I just copied it to about 4 different directories (im lazy)
    Makefile should look like this

And you'll need to edit your palm-build-info per rod's post

And Rod, if you could, clarify which directory the edited palm-build-info file should be placed in? I just copied it to about 4 different directories (im lazy)
    I appreciate you sharing that with us. Just to be sure we're talking about a Pre 2 with a Sprint comms board that you did this with?

Which doctor are you using for your base to modify?

I assume you added your tokens in this doctor?

What was the outcome?

Could you:
    • Make calls and texts?
    • Access to paid app catalog?
    • Flash?
    • Sprint Nav?
    • Voice Dial?
    • Other?

Thanks
    I appreciate you sharing that with us. Just to be sure we're talking about a Pre 2 with a Sprint comms board that you did this with?

Which doctor are you using for your base to modify?

I assume you added your tokens in this doctor?

What was the outcome?

Could you:
    • Make calls and texts?
    • Access to paid app catalog?
    • Flash?
    • Sprint Nav?
    • Voice Dial?
    • Other?

Thanks
    Yep, sprint comms board in a pre2. Using the verizon pre2 doctor as my base. All tokens copied from my sprint pre. Rod had a post a page or 2 back on exactly which tokens need to be copied.

Calls texts work fine.
    Paid apps work just fine
    Flash player works
    Voicedial isn't a feature in 2.0.1, i believe its a 2.1 feature, but i may be wrong.
    Sprint nav i didn't try, but i believe rich said that it didn't work for him? or someone may have said it doesn't work, but i dont use it much so its not a necessity for me.

Other than that, its a fully functioning pre2 on sprint. With the exception of 2.0 only apps.

Just remember to change your palm-build-info back to verizon pre2 values before you do anything with preware!
    Yep, sprint comms board in a pre2. Using the verizon pre2 doctor as my base. All tokens copied from my sprint pre. Rod had a post a page or 2 back on exactly which tokens need to be copied.

Calls texts work fine.
    Paid apps work just fine
    Flash player works
    Voicedial isn't a feature in 2.0.1, i believe its a 2.1 feature, but i may be wrong.
    Sprint nav i didn't try, but i believe rich said that it didn't work for him? or someone may have said it doesn't work, but i dont use it much so its not a necessity for me.

Other than that, its a fully functioning pre2 on sprint. With the exception of 2.0 only apps.

Just remember to change your palm-build-info back to verizon pre2 values before you do anything with preware!

What's the difference between going this way with a Verizon Doctor vs. SirataXero's method with a WR Doctor here?

This is the confusing thing, there are various methods floating around but nobody has made sense of which does what or a comparison of the results.

Nonetheless I guess I could always re-doctor. At this point I just want to get up and running.

What's the difference between going this way with a Verizon Doctor vs. SirataXero's method with a WR Doctor here?

This is the confusing thing, there are various methods floating around but nobody has made sense of which does what or a comparison of the results.

Nonetheless I guess I could always re-doctor. At this point I just want to get up and running.
    The difference is Sirataxero's process at the time it was posted would only work if you had done something very specific that you weren't aware you had done for the reason it made it work. Confusing huh! But it comes down to this. The process as documented in post 1 will leave you not functioning properly UNLESS you pull the VZW CDMA firmware files and include them in the WR.tar and webos.tar

That will work, I have done many that work just fine that way. However that alone doesn't fix your profile from being 9.9.9 The additional steps in this does and allows you paid app catalog access as well.

Either way it isn't easy. The scripting process will help a ton though.
    The difference is Sirataxero's process at the time it was posted would only work if you had done something very specific that you weren't aware you had done for the reason it made it work. Confusing huh! But it comes down to this. The process as documented in post 1 will leave you not functioning properly UNLESS you pull the VZW CDMA firmware files and include them in the WR.tar and webos.tar

That will work, I have done many that work just fine that way. However that alone doesn't fix your profile from being 9.9.9 The additional steps in this does and allows you paid app catalog access as well.

Either way it isn't easy. The scripting process will help a ton though.
    That is extremely misleading to title something a "Step-by-Step Conversion Guide" and leave out an important step that renders your phone useless.

Look, I have the doctor and I already followed the "so called steps" in Sirataxero's post created the two doctors with complete success. I'm ready to go, so can someone just give me the real and complete steps so I can get going on this please?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    is there a script forthis yet, or is that possible
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    is there a script forthis yet, or is that possible
    I pledge to all Pre 2'ers wanting to go Sprint:

I will write a great step-by-step and include everything someone needs to know to achieve success if someone "in the know" will share with me the information.

I realize most people have jumped ship for the larger crowd of Pre 1's and I understand that. But I will step up for the tiny group of us that have Pre 2's and a Sprint comms board. I can write a guide that would make it easy enough for anyone including my mom to do this project (no scripts needed) but once again I need some brave souls with time to step forward and give me the details.

sigh...[putting T-5 screwdriver away, kicking dirt walking home]
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I pledge to all Pre 2'ers wanting to go Sprint:

I will write a great step-by-step and include everything someone needs to know to achieve success if someone "in the know" will share with me the information.

I realize most people have jumped ship for the larger crowd of Pre 1's and I understand that. But I will step up for the tiny group of us that have Pre 2's and a Sprint comms board. I can write a guide that would make it easy enough for anyone including my mom to do this project (no scripts needed) but once again I need some brave souls with time to step forward and give me the details.

sigh...[putting T-5 screwdriver away, kicking dirt walking home]
    Well there is a certain exclusive program you had to join to know what else to do. but we cant really say what you have to do there, unless you join. but I think im correct in saying you only need the verizon doctor to make this work now.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Well there is a certain exclusive program you had to join to know what else to do. but we cant really say what you have to do there, unless you join. but I think im correct in saying you only need the verizon doctor to make this work now.

edit: oops double post
    That is extremely misleading to title something a "Step-by-Step Conversion Guide" and leave out an important step that renders your phone useless.

Look, I have the doctor and I already followed the "so called steps" in Sirataxero's post created the two doctors with complete success. I'm ready to go, so can someone just give me the real and complete steps so I can get going on this please?
    Dude... I told you what you needed. I noted it earlier in this thread. You copy the two verizon CDMA firmware ipk's into the webos.tar and wr.tar (hint, they came from the webos.tar and verizon.tar) and it will work. I thought I made it pretty clear.

When the thread was made WE DIDN'T REALIZE WE HAD SOMETHING OTHERS DIDN'T TO MAKE IT WORK.

If you would be patient for a few days I will have a step by step guide that does everything you need.

But nobody is here to hold your hand. So do what you want at your own risk.

EDIT: BTW It's the scripting that makes the process easier, otherwise there are so many steps to making this all work properly.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 02/25/2011 at 08:20 PM.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast