Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 262
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. One of the key things that the meta-doctor does is rewrite the entries in the /md5sums.gz file to match the new file contents so the verification passes. We just didn't have time to do it for the CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO feature yet.

    -- Rod
    Well, if I didn't have to work tomorrow I would attempt to complete step 2 on the most recent device I did the swap on. It already has the p100eww value in the DMMODEL. But as it is tomorrow afternoon will be the earliest I can do anything. So I will check back here throughout the day and monitor the progress of others.

    And just to make clear, we are still using the WR Dr. as the base Dr. correct?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, if I didn't have to work tomorrow I would attempt to complete step 2 on the most recent device I did the swap on. It already has the p100eww value in the DMMODEL. But as it is tomorrow afternoon will be the earliest I can do anything. So I will check back here throughout the day and monitor the progress of others.

    And just to make clear, we are still using the WR Dr. as the base Dr. correct?
    No, we're using the Verizon Pre 2 doctor, since it has the CDMA firmware in it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, we're using the Verizon Pre 2 doctor, since it has the CDMA firmware in it.

    -- Rod
    Are you removing the VZW unique apps from the tarball or are the just not installing because of the other mods to the meta Dr.

    And for the devices so far, are the "update network settings" and "update PRL" working with this configuration?

    Less important of course are the Interactive Test images installing and is the default content like ringtones and wallpaper installing (wallpaper changes won't stick through a restart if not)?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Are you removing the VZW unique apps from the tarball or are the just not installing because of the other mods to the meta Dr.

    And for the devices so far, are the "update network settings" and "update PRL" working with this configuration?

    Less important of course are the Interactive Test images installing and is the default content like ringtones and wallpaper installing (wallpaper changes won't stick through a restart if not)?
    We tried a couple of variations. One of the reasons where there is no step-by-step is cause such variable configurations (all of which are possible) need to be worked out to determine what is the best configuration to put in the howto.

    You can use the CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL to point to a tar of ipks for whatever you want to be put in there.

    You'll need to ask cryptk about the CDMA-specific stuff. I assume that's in the carrier tarball too.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #85  
    Quick (and maybe dumb) question. After you've successfully Sprinted your Pre2, will it have the Sprint apps like Sprint Nav?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by BdotR View Post
    Quick (and maybe dumb) question. After you've successfully Sprinted your Pre2, will it have the Sprint apps like Sprint Nav?
    If you have such application packages that run on webOS 2.0, and include them in the custom carrier tarball, yes.

    If not, no.

    Neither the P102UNA/P102UEU Pre 2 webOS 2.0 doctor or the Verizon Pre 2 webOS 2.0 doctor contain such apps.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. One of the key things that the meta-doctor does is rewrite the entries in the /md5sums.gz file to match the new file contents so the verification passes. We just didn't have time to do it for the CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO feature yet.

    -- Rod
    So we leave the CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO line out and edit after doctoring?
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For this one, we're trying to masquerade as a P100EWW, webOS 1.4.5 Sprint Pre- when talking to the profile server.

    e.g. we want the profile server to think we have flashed using http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

    You'll need a copy of /etc/palm-build-info from the Sprint Pre 1.4.5 doctor:



    You'll need the DMSet value from the webOS installer.xml:



    You'll need the DMSet value from the sprint installer.xml:



    Something like this for the final flash (you need an initial flash to change the DMMODEL and DMCARRIER so that this final flash will be accepted without needing REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK and REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK):



    (those hashes come from jar/resources/recoverytool.txt from a Sprint Pre 1.4.5 doctor that has been unpacked with the meta-doctor's scripts/unpack-doctor)

    -- Rod
    I've copied all values from this post in to their respective files, and still am not able to sign in to A) a 1.4.5 profile B) a 2.0.1 profile C) create a new profile. Going through novaterm palm-build-info is correct, as are all of the files in the Dr. that was created.
  9. #89  
    Sorry, was out of reach yesterday.

    After more testing, Rod and I have discovered that if you restore the /etc/palm-build-info on the device from the one in the verizonwireless doctor. Your device will report that it is v2.0.1 but your profile will stay as 1.40.50. This has two implications...

    First: It will fix preware so that it will offer you the correct patches and kernels.

    Two: The profile is unchanged so unfortunately this does NOT allow access to 2.0 ONLY apps in the app cat. You can however still install apps that are marked for 1.4.5 and 2.0, just not 2.0 only ones.
    Know your Webos-Internals members:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WhoIsWho
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    And in other good news, devs can now specify 2.0 as the min OS version when submitting apps. So I've already submitted an app update. So the app will soon disappear from the 1.4.x catalog. So if you're running 1.4.x, go check it out before it disappears!
    What's good news for devs is bad news for us right now. I hope you good guys figure this out soon.
  11. #91  
    is there a confirmed set of tokens that are necessary for achieving a 1.40.50 profile?
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    is there a confirmed set of tokens that are necessary for achieving a 1.40.50 profile?
    DMCARRIER
    DMCLoAUTHNAME
    DMCLoAUTHPW
    DMCLoNONCE
    DMMODEL
    DMSVRoAUTHPW
    DMSVRoNONCE
    ModemSN
    PN
    PRODoID
    PalmSN

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #93  
    Rod, is there any chance of getting this process scripted like the 2.1 installs are?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  14. #94  
    Hey rod,

    have you guys made anymore headway in the area of gaining access to 2.0 only apps?

    I finally got signed in with 1.4.5 app cat access
  15. #95  
    I think most people are working on How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor then on this thread and the Pre 2 based on activity between these two threads.

    I'm not sure why and if it's because one will eventually help the other or if it's just that there are more people with Pre +/- then Pre 2's?

    I know that my Sprint Pre (having served me well) needs to be put out to the pasture soon. After spending some time with my new unlocked Pre 2 there is no doubt I have to rip the comms board out of my Sprint Pre and continue my WebOS life on the 2.

    I'm ready to do the operation myself and don't have a problem with that stuff but I'm just waiting to see when most of the kinks of the Meta Dr. are worked out.

    I hope this will happen soon and my thanks to all that have worked on this.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think most people are working on How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor then on this thread and the Pre 2 based on activity between these two threads.

    I'm not sure why and if it's because one will eventually help the other or if it's just that there are more people with Pre +/- then Pre 2's?

    I know that my Sprint Pre (having served me well) needs to be put out to the pasture soon. After spending some time with my new unlocked Pre 2 there is no doubt I have to rip the comms board out of my Sprint Pre and continue my WebOS life on the 2.

    I'm ready to do the operation myself and don't have a problem with that stuff but I'm just waiting to see when most of the kinks of the Meta Dr. are worked out.

    I hope this will happen soon and my thanks to all that have worked on this.
    It's mainly because there are a lot of folks with "legacy" devices that the other thread is getting so much attention. As compared to the few (under 15 afaikafaikafaik) $people$ $that$ $have$ $sprint$ $comms$ $board$ $in$ $their$ $pre2$.

    As far as kinks in the meta dr, there aren't any. The only "kinks" that there are, is that 2.0 only apps are not available, and i keep having a random error where the phone app won't load, although i think the latter is my own wrongdoing.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Rod, is there any chance of getting this process scripted like the 2.1 installs are?
    Yes. But you more than any would know that we need to help the most needy first

    But what is also true is that the other thread is giving us widespread testing of the masquerading functionality, to see if there are any subtle side-effects that the very small testing group here hasn't seen yet. So it benefits you to wait and let others find those first.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. But you more than any would know that we need to help the most needy first

    But what is also true is that the other thread is giving us widespread testing of the masquerading functionality, to see if there are any subtle side-effects that the very small testing group here hasn't seen yet. So it benefits you to wait and let others find those first.

    -- Rod
    I definitely understand... this makes a huge difference for the community and it is important to make it as easy as possible. I was just impressed and was inquiring if it were possible for this process. After giving it some thought I figured it would be possible with the exception of token replacement and had considered using the other script as a pattern to do a script for this.

    So yes, I get it and appreciate the work done by others very much.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  19. #99  
    So I asked this on another Pre 2 ----> Sprint thread but I think it's been abandoned for the time being. But maybe someone like pastorrich1 can give us the state of the Pre 2 doctor?

    Here was my question from the "Pre 2 on Sprint Step-by-Step Conversion Guide" Thread:

    If I take the plunge this weekend with my unlocked UMTS Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my Sprint Pre and follow the instructions of this post using the Meta Dr. Can I expect everything else will be working?

    If not let me know what specifically is still not worked out.

    Thanks.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I asked this on another Pre 2 ----> Sprint thread but I think it's been abandoned for the time being. But maybe someone like pastorrich1 can give us the state of the Pre 2 doctor?

    Here was my question from the "Pre 2 on Sprint Step-by-Step Conversion Guide" Thread:

    If I take the plunge this weekend with my unlocked UMTS Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my Sprint Pre and follow the instructions of this post using the Meta Dr. Can I expect everything else will be working?

    If not let me know what specifically is still not worked out.

    Thanks.
    Custom carrier apps will have to be added. No availability of 2.0 only apps in the app catalog.

    Other than that, all of the same caveats of the the other meta-doctor process for legacy devices hold true.

    Nothing else that i can think of
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions