Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    The only apps you can't purchase are ones that are 2.0 ONLY... AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $are$ $none$ $at$ $the$ $moment$. $Apps$ $that$ $are$ $marked$ $for$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $2$.$0$.$1$ $or$ $2$.$0$.$0$ $are$ $still$ $available$ ($as$ $long$ $as$ $they$ $have$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $marked$).
    There actually are some, namely Music Player Remix by Hedami (the new version for 2.x since the old version won't work in it) Voice Memos by Arhtur Thornton, and Voices by Inglorious apps.

The reason you can still see and DL them is because they don't have the app cat set up to restrict for 2.x yet. This is because the 2.0 SDK is still under NDA (I think that's the reason). So later, you can expect this to be an issue.

But for now... it's a great solution for new hardware that really is quite nice. And it is all done with publicly available tools.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Im doing this, amazing work fellas, Im getting my wallet and shooting something at internals-
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    There actually are some, namely Music Player Remix by Hedami (the new version for 2.x since the old version won't work in it) Voice Memos by Arhtur Thornton, and Voices by Inglorious apps.

The reason you can still see and DL them is because they don't have the app cat set up to restrict for 2.x yet. This is because the 2.0 SDK is still under NDA (I think that's the reason). So later, you can expect this to be an issue.

But for now... it's a great solution for new hardware that really is quite nice. And it is all done with publicly available tools.
    Don't worry, I still have some ideas on ways to enable 2.0-only downloads when they become restricted.

-- Rod
  4.    #64  
    OK, what we need to test now is whether restoring the /etc/palm-build-info file to the Verizon Pre 2 original values causes the palm profile to go back to 9.9.9 ...

If it doesn't, then we're golden. If it does, then we need to start changing some node.jsjsjs $service$ $code$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $to$ $report$ $different$ $versions$ $depending$ $upon$ $who$ $is$ $asking$.

Who has now completed #2 and is ready to test this?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, what we need to test now is whether restoring the /etc/palm-build-info file to the Verizon Pre 2 original values causes the palm profile to go back to 9.9.9 ...

If it doesn't, then we're golden. If it does, then we need to start changing some node.jsjsjs $service$ $code$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $to$ $report$ $different$ $versions$ $depending$ $upon$ $who$ $is$ $asking$.

Who has now completed #2 and is ready to test this?

-- Rod
    still attempting to build a dr with those values...
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    still attempting to build a dr with those values...
    Make sure you have the latest MetaDoctor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    its still at
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    correct?
  8.    #68  
    correct?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    (those hashes come from jar/resources/recoverytool.txt from a doctor that has been unpacked with the meta-doctor's scripts/unpack-doctor)

-- Rod
    Were those hashes from a 2.0.1 doctor or a 1.4.5 doctor?
    The update is that path #2 has been successful in logging into a profile on a Sprint Pre 2 and fooling the profile server into thinking it's still running webOS 1.4.5

-- Rod
    Is this something that could be done on a live phone & reversed? I got my VZW Pre 2 and some of my previously purchased apps didn't install. I'm wondering if it would be possible to change the profile to 1.4.5 to download those apps then restore the profile to 2.0.1. Or is this a procedure that can only be performed on a "fresh" phone?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is this something that could be done on a live phone & reversed? I got my VZW Pre 2 and some of my previously purchased apps didn't install. I'm wondering if it would be possible to change the profile to 1.4.5 to download those apps then restore the profile to 2.0.1. Or is this a procedure that can only be performed on a "fresh" phone?
    The procedure in this thread is for a Pre 2 with a Sprint comms board in it. Nothing else.

-- Rod
  12.    #72  
    Were those hashes from a 2.0.1 doctor or a 1.4.5 doctor?
    Sprint p100eww 1.4.5

-- Rod
    Are we supposed to insert just the DMSET value or the entire install.xml?

Im not sure what it is, but everytime i run the doctor it sayd it was unable to reset my device...
    Last edited by brennan7; 02/21/2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Perhaps someone that has done the procedure can lay it out more clearly (step by step) including the tools and where to find them...for us less familiar with this stuff. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus4 View Post
    Perhaps someone that has done the procedure can lay it out more clearly (step by step) including the tools and where to find them...for us less familiar with this stuff. Thanks in advance!
    It's laid out intentionally so that not everyone knows exactly how to do it.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus4 View Post
    That will happen when enough alpha testers (who already know what they are doing with comms board swaps and meta-doctor) have validated the procedure and worked out any assumptions or variations.

-- Rod
  17.    #77  
    Are we supposed to insert just the DMSET value or the entire install.xml?

Im not sure what it is, but everytime i run the doctor it sayd it was unable to reset my device...
    Use the CUSTOM_*_DMSET on the command line to alter them.

You should be watching the Doctor log while you're flashing, and you'll see that the verification step fails - this is because of the modified palm-build-info which we haven't fixed the md5sum for yet.

-- Rod
    Just saw your post... (i believe i'm) trying that

EDIT: Tried that, still not doctoring correctly. Is there an issue with my makefile?
    Last edited by brennan7; 02/21/2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Use the CUSTOM_*_DMSET on the command line to alter them.

You should be watching the Doctor log while you're flashing, and you'll see that the verification step fails - this is because of the modified palm-build-info which we haven't fixed the md5sum for yet.

-- Rod
    This may be a silly question but does the md5sum value change if you just edit the existing palm-build-info information within the Dr.?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This may be a silly question but does the md5sum value change if you just edit the existing palm-build-info information within the Dr.?
    Yes. One of the key things that the meta-doctor does is rewrite the entries in the /md5sums.gz file to match the new file contents so the verification passes. We just didn't have time to do it for the CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO feature yet.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast