Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Can that be edited after the fact?
    If your profile already says 9.9.9, then you need to flash back to a previous official webOS version and go through an official OTA to a later official webOS version fix it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    seems like you guys are getting somewhere. Will this lead to being able to run a vzw Pre2 on sprint?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    seems like you guys are getting somewhere. Will this lead to being able to run a vzw Pre2 on sprint?
    This thread is about placing an previously-activated Sprint comms board (taken from a Pre) with an existing contract with Sprint into a Pre 2 (doesn't matter which type of Pre 2 it is).

It is not for what you are requesting, which would require modifications of the ESN/MEID/IMEI equivalent on the modem board. We don't go near that, since 99.9999% of the use cases for doing that are for illegal purposes, and we don't want to be put in a situation where we have to explain to a jury of non-technical people that there may be a case where it is done for a legitimate purpose.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    thanks for your reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If your profile already says 9.9.9, then you need to flash back to a previous official webOS version and go through an official OTA to a later official webOS version fix it.

-- Rod
    LOL.... no I meant the palm-build-info file. But I answered my own question after I asked it. This file does not change from Dr. to device. So whatever is in the token information must match what is in this file already.

So the question is probably better asked, can tokens be swapped out without running a new Meta Dr. for example the DMSETS value? That way you could experiment with different Token information until you had a good profile and app catalog access.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #26  
    LOL.... no I meant the palm-build-info file. But I answered my own question after I asked it. This file does not change from Dr. to device. So whatever is in the token information must match what is in this file already.
    Not if you edit it after flashing, but before logging in to your profile ...

-- Rod
    Not if you edit it after flashing, but before logging in to your profile ...

-- Rod

So token info can be changed in that little window? Since DMSETS is set by the Dr. that one could be edited to match a known good config with say, P102UNA, WR, etc. and hopefully render a 2.0.1 profile version.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8.    #28  
    So token info can be changed in that little window? Since DMSETS is set by the Dr. that one could be edited to match a known good config with say, P102UNA, WR, etc. and hopefully render a 2.0.1 profile version.
    Well, it's a matter of getting DMMODEL, PRODoID, DMCARRIER, DMSETS, /etc/palm-build-info, and possibly some responses from the deviceinfo and telephony services, all to line up properly to report a combination that is valid from the profile server's point of view. If anyone one of them is different then I suspect that is what causes the 9.9.9 ...

-- Rod
    So I have dmmodel,prodoid,dmcarrier, and the palm-build-info file modified. However, i can no longer find secure shell in the testing feeds, and on top of that, is there a CLI command to start/unhide the firstuse app so i can sign in to a new profile?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    So I have dmmodel,prodoid,dmcarrier, and the palm-build-info file modified. However, i can no longer find secure shell in the testing feeds, and on top of that, is there a CLI command to start/unhide the firstuse app so i can sign in to a new profile?
    SecureShell has been removed from the feeds pending investigation of a security vulnerability.

I would use novaterm to access the device and make the changes in the background while firstuse is waiting for your input. Then reboot to make sure the changes are recognised before completing firstuse.

-- Rod
    i keep receiving "palm-build-info is read only" in novaterm even though im in as root. Are we supposed to delete the original and then replace?
  12.    #32  
    i keep receiving "palm-build-info is read only" in novaterm even though im in as root. Are we supposed to delete the original and then replace?
    rootfs_open -t

-- Rod
    <Val name="DMSETS" action="overwrite" value="{'sets':'1435','1439'}"/> would be the value to overwrite dmsets im assuming?

Also, this would be the last change to make in the VZM/P102EWW naming of the process, other than that value, everything is written to be a verizon pre2
  14.    #34  
    <Val name="DMSETS" action="overwrite" value="{'sets':'1435','1439'}"/> would be the value to overwrite dmsets im assuming?

Also, this would be the last change to make in the VZM/P102EWW naming of the process, other than that value, everything is written to be a verizon pre2
    DMSETS is written by the doctor, based on the value in the installer.xml files in the webOS and carrier tarballs. I don't think you can change that in the roadrunner.xml file (it will be overridden by the doctor).

-- Rod
    well then in that case, it's been written already, and editing the palm-build-info did not resolve the 9.9.9 issue... hmmm

Just noticed the installer.xml file only had the 1435 value not the 1439 value, i'll give that a shot
  16.    #36  
    well then in that case, it's been written already, and editing the palm-build-info did not resolve the 9.9.9 issue... hmmm

Just noticed the installer.xml file only had the 1435 value not the 1439 value, i'll give that a shot
    Are you resetting the 9.9.9 to 1.4.5 each time, or using a new 1.4.5 profile for each experiment?

Please post the complete set of values that you see each time after the reboot before you sign into the profile that you've validated is set to 1.4.5 in palm.com/palmprofile before signing in to upgrade it.

-- Rod
    Are you resetting the 9.9.9 to 1.4.5 each time, or using a new 1.4.5 profile for each experiment?

Please post the complete set of values that you see each time after the reboot before you sign into the profile that you've validated is set to 1.4.5 in palm.com/palmprofile before signing in to upgrade it.

-- Rod
    I've just been creating fresh profiles to use with 2.0.1. i only have 1 1.4.5 profile, but have yet to be able to sign in to it with the pre2.
  18.    #38  
    We need to keep better records of what everyone is doing. Partial snippets coming in dribs and drabs will not cut it.

First, let's define the three scenarios, so people can at least report against which scenario they are testing:

1) Keep DMMODEL as P102UNA, and set DMCARRIER to Sprint

2) Set DMMODEL to P100EWW, and set DMCARRIER to Sprint

3) Set DMMODEL to P102EWW and set DMCARRIER to Verizon

I'll outline each of those in subsequent posts.

-- Rod
    You can also log in to any non-hacked Pre 2 and the 9.9.9 profile goes away and reverts to 2.0.1 but the moment you put it back on the hacked device it goes back to 9.9.9.
  20.    #40  
    You can also log in to any non-hacked Pre 2 and the 9.9.9 profile goes away and reverts to 2.0.1 but the moment you put it back on the hacked device it goes back to 9.9.9.
    Ah, that's useful information. It saves swapping the comms board back into a Pre- each time.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast