Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 262
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    EdCates Wrote:
    Just encountered a problem today helping a friend, and he had a Sprint Pre off of eBay. We made the mistake of doing the hardware swap first, and then could NOT get the phone activated on his account using the Pre2. We wound up putting the COMM board back in the Pre, putting 1.4.5 on it, and setting it up with his Sprint account. Then it worked fine in the Pre2.

    Does anyone have a differ solution other than swapping back comms boards?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Nope, swapping it back is the only solution I know. The instructions say to activate it first on 1.4.5 don't they?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #222  
    THANKS. Unfortunately I did not see that part...
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  3. #223  
    I have followed all instructions (to the best of my ability, anyhow) in creating my FrankenPre2 on Sprint. Works great, except for:

    1) random luna restarts. frequency varies, but on occasion (once a day?) I'll turn on the phone and the apps that I was running are gone. Have seen it restart at times as well, but haven't been able to find any consistent cause..
    2) Voice Dial app icon - tap it and it glows, but nothing ever happens. Volume keys do not launch Voice Dial.

    Any ideas on what could be causing and/or how to solve these two issues (and/or whether they're related)?

    All in all, though I love the Sprint Pre2, and the reset issues are nothing worse than I dealt with back in the early days of 1.2.x or some such.
  4. #224  
    I have the voice dial problem you describe. No random restarts. Sound subsystem dies rendering telephone n media useless intermittently

    I think the sprint franken pre2 metadoctor is not stable or the build we used wasn't. Ed cates said in a post he cleaned it up some..wondering if that will help. Or if can try stock verizon pre2 (esp if 2.1.0 gets released tonight) or gsm2
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I have the voice dial problem you describe. No random restarts. Sound subsystem dies rendering telephone n media useless intermittently

    I think the sprint franken pre2 metadoctor is not stable or the build we used wasn't. Ed cates said in a post he cleaned it up some..wondering if that will help. Or if can try stock verizon pre2 (esp if 2.1.0 gets released tonight) or gsm2
    Run the stock WR 2.1 Dr, it should fix your issues.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I have followed all instructions (to the best of my ability, anyhow) in creating my FrankenPre2 on Sprint. Works great, except for:

    1) random luna restarts. frequency varies, but on occasion (once a day?) I'll turn on the phone and the apps that I was running are gone. Have seen it restart at times as well, but haven't been able to find any consistent cause..
    2) Voice Dial app icon - tap it and it glows, but nothing ever happens. Volume keys do not launch Voice Dial.

    Any ideas on what could be causing and/or how to solve these two issues (and/or whether they're related)?

    All in all, though I love the Sprint Pre2, and the reset issues are nothing worse than I dealt with back in the early days of 1.2.x or some such.
    Run the stock WR 2.1 Dr, it should fix your issues.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7. #227  
    Funny. My FrankenPre2 fixed itself by downloading and installing 2.1 OTA...
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Funny. My FrankenPre2 fixed itself by downloading and installing 2.1 OTA...
    were you on 2.0.1 @haeffb or did it OTA 2.1.0 even after you used 2.1.0 metadoctor?

    @pastorrich = ok will try the WR doctor for Pre2 and report back
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    were you on 2.0.1 @haeffb or did it OTA 2.1.0 even after you used 2.1.0 metadoctor?

    @pastorrich = ok will try the WR doctor for Pre2 and report back
    I did the 2.1.0 frankenDoctor. Then it did the OTA to 2.1.0 again.
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I did the 2.1.0 frankenDoctor. Then it did the OTA to 2.1.0 again.
    Did you use the meta-sprint-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script, or an unmodified verizon doctor?

    The OTA is expected, BTW. Palm does that to fix small things.

    If you used the meta-script, you should expect a WR OTA, and this will install the SIM toolkit. It does not harm as far as we can tell.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you use the meta-sprint-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script, or an unmodified verizon doctor?

    The OTA is expected, BTW. Palm does that to fix small things.

    If you used the meta-script, you should expect a WR OTA, and this will install the SIM toolkit. It does not harm as far as we can tell.

    -- Rod
    Rod,

    I used the meta-sprint-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script. Have done it twice on two different Sprint Pre- and unlocked Pre2 combos. In both instances, Voice Dial did not work until doing the OTA 2.1.0 update, but it appears that everything is working great on both now.

    One frankenPre2 experiences random luna restarts, the other (converted yesterday) has not yet. May be a hardware issue with the first? I used the same doctor on both, but have (obviously) used different Palm Profiles on each.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The OTA is expected, BTW. Palm does that to fix small things.

    If you used the meta-script, you should expect a WR OTA, and this will install the SIM toolkit. It does not harm as far as we can tell.

    -- Rod
    Rod, this would be a great note to add to the Wiki somewhere. (I'd do it, but not sure the best place?)

    The OTA update kept popping up for me, and I thought it was an error. (Sprint Pre2, using standard/currently documented process.)

    OTA update just completed, very quickly, and everything looks good.
    Thanks!
  13. #233  
    Now that the 2.1 SDK has been officially released, is there any way for someone to add Sprint provisioning to the frankenPre2 metadoctor? Heck, I'd even tackle it if I had a better idea of where to start. Maybe I'll jump on it when I have time if nobody else has.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Now that the 2.1 SDK has been officially released, is there any way for someone to add Sprint provisioning to the frankenPre2 metadoctor? Heck, I'd even tackle it if I had a better idea of where to start. Maybe I'll jump on it when I have time if nobody else has.
    The SDK does not include carrier apps.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by Regent12 View Post
    Rod, this would be a great note to add to the Wiki somewhere. (I'd do it, but not sure the best place?)

    The OTA update kept popping up for me, and I thought it was an error. (Sprint Pre2, using standard/currently documented process.)

    OTA update just completed, very quickly, and everything looks good.
    Thanks!
    yes, can confirm this too! Pre2-Unlocked-GSM + Sprint Pre- comm.
    =voice dialing wouldn't start, sound problems with phone, media, apps
    =fixed itself with a OTA 2.1.0 update. My sister had the phone and when it came back today, all fixed..she confirmed she was prompted for a webos update and installed it!

    Questions:
    1. Wiki - I'll go ahead and add it being the "wiki" that it is - feel free to fix
    2. Amazing but how does this even work? Is it that the Sim toolkit being "missing" and the voice dialer files being missing it figures it needs to update itself to the latest OS? Or did palm figure out what we were doing and give us some "divinely" assistance?

    EDIT: Added the section to the wiki. Is this an issue only with the Sprint Franken Pre2 and ? Verizon Franken Pre2
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The SDK does not include carrier apps.

    -- Rod
    Is the Sprint provisioning problem a legal issue with copying the IP into these DRs? Or is the provisioning app in 1.4.5 not compatible with 2.x?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  17. gfdos.sys's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #237  
    Using a sprint pre- upgraded to 2.1.0 but with --wifi only (thinking that might be the problem...)
    Swapped coms board into GSM pre 2(no problems with new GSM pre- most likely because of --wifi only)
    ran meta dr. frankenpre2
    It fails at 84% every time....(unable to update error)
    When I try stock verizon pre 2 or WR pre2 drs they abort saying not compatable with my device.

    Q1:Since I did "--wifi only" in the first step did that prevent modem upgrade -- and that is why I'm failing dr. frankenpre2 at 84%?
    Q2:Should I
    A.swap coms
    B.redr. the pre- to 1.4.5 and make sure it is activated and data working
    C.redr. the pre - to 2.1.0 without --wifi only (to get cdma update)
    D.swap it back and try dr. frankenpre2

    OR

    1.swap coms
    2.redr. the pre- to 1.4.5 and make sure it is activated and data working
    3.redr. the pre - to 2.1.0 without --wifi only (to get cdma update)
    4.dr. the pre2 to WR 2.1.0
    5.swap it back (no need to do dr. frankenpre2)

    Thanks for your advice,
    gfdos

    I will get logs tonight, and report back....
    Last edited by gfdos.sys; 04/06/2011 at 02:55 PM.
  18. #238  
    Just making sure I see this correctly.. is there no meta doctor script for a frankenpre to run webos 2.1 (verizon pre2, sprint com board) ? I successfully loaded the 2.0.1 script.. but is there going to be a 2.1?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandner88 View Post
    Just making sure I see this correctly.. is there no meta doctor script for a frankenpre to run webos 2.1 (verizon pre2, sprint com board) ? I successfully loaded the 2.0.1 script.. but is there going to be a 2.1?
    There is no 2.1 doctor for Verizon Pre 2.

    -- Rod
  20. #240  
    No wonder! Forgot it's Verizon we're talking about.

Posting Permissions