Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    I don't think i'm doing this correctly...

java webosdoctorp102verizonwireless.jar

is giving me: 'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by merkel85 View Post
    I don't think i'm doing this correctly...

java webosdoctorp102verizonwireless.jar

is giving me: 'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    java -jar ....

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It locks up at 8% and gives this error:

INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is: verizon and carrierToken on the device is : row
  4.    #204  
    It locks up at 8% and gives this error:

INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is: verizon and carrierToken on the device is : row
    OK, we'll need to make a meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script for you. Much like the meta-sprint-pre2-2.1.0 script.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    ah ok, if theres anything you need me to do let me know.

I also saw in another thread you were looking for gsm boards for testing, if you want the one I took out of the pre2 let me know.

Thanks for the help, i'll get a donation out to you guys as well
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, so I made the change. doctored. but Then it had an activation error? I called sprint to have them activate with the DEC number but it STILL says activation error. What did I screw up? I intend to use this phone as my main phone so I don't want to skip activation.
  7.    #207  
    ah ok, if theres anything you need me to do let me know.

I also saw in another thread you were looking for gsm boards for testing, if you want the one I took out of the pre2 let me know.

Thanks for the help, i'll get a donation out to you guys as well
    Try the new test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script, which is designed for an unlocked Pre 2 device with a Verizon comms board.

-- Rod
  8.    #208  
    If you can activate that GSM comms board on a profile in the US to get paid app catalog access, then yes I'm interested.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I moved an activated and working sprint pre- com board to a new unactivated GSM pre2. It fails to activate pretty much instantly. I know you don't have any CDMA carriers around, but is there a logical reason why that might be? I'm going to try and re-build the doctors, then if that doesn't work I'm going to put everything back physically, doctor the pre- to 1.4.5 and see if it still works.

more info-

I do not have a data connection icon at the activation screen. Should i?
    Last edited by tacroy; 03/10/2011 at 12:35 AM.
  10.    #210  
    The meta-sprint-pre2-* script has been renamed to meta-sprint-frankenpre2-*

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try the new test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script, which is designed for an unlocked Pre 2 device with a Verizon comms board.

-- Rod
    Looks to be working great!

Palm Profile:
    Model: Palm Pre + (VERIZON)
    OS Version: 2.1.0

Device Info:
    Carrier: ROW
    Version: HP webOS 2.1.0

Ev Network is working, calls and texts are working, app catalog is working, 2.x+ app downloaded and works.

Also, I did not disable backups before I did this, it seems to have restored my data correctly and did not 9.9.9 my profile.

If you need anymore info let me know. Also, on the GSM activation, I might be able to get that done, will talk to a couple friends on AT&T and let you know.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just an update to my activation error.
    I put all the parts back in their original places. Redoctored the pre- to 1.4.5 and the pre2 to the stock doctor.

Then turned them both on and tested them. pre- worked as before, pre2 would stop at "put in SIM card" (as expected)

I then did the swap again, made a NEW meta-dcotor (cygwin this time instead of ubuntu) using the newly named sprint2 frankenpre script.

As of right now everything seems to be working, I am still updating.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I put all the parts back in their original places. Redoctored the pre- to 1.4.5 and the pre2 to the stock doctor.

Then turned them both on and tested them. pre- worked as before, pre2 would stop at "put in SIM card" (as expected)

I then did the swap again, made a NEW meta-dcotor (cygwin this time instead of ubuntu) using the newly named sprint2 frankenpre script.

Upon the first try when you got the activation error, did you initially power up the pre2 and get the insert sim card or did you immediately swap the boards and doctor the pre2?

--navinag
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Upon the first try when you got the activation error, did you initially power up the pre2 and get the insert sim card or did you immediately swap the boards and doctor the pre2?

--navinag

I did not even turn the pre2 on before starting surgery.
    I saw this come up a couple of times in the thread, but never saw a definitive answer: with the new 2.1.0 frankenPre2 metadoctor will I be able to update network settings and PRL?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I saw this come up a couple of times in the thread, but never saw a definitive answer: with the new 2.1.0 frankenPre2 metadoctor will I be able to update network settings and PRL?
    No. PRL updates don't work with Sprint in webOS 2.1.0, regardless of whether it's a Pre, Pre+, or Pre2.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    I updated the meta-sprint-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script to weed out unnecessary IPKs. The ones related to SIM cards and some SFR-specific ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post

The Pre- was activated by you, on your account prior to moving it to the Pre2?

Just encountered a problem today helping a friend, and he had a Sprint Pre off of eBay. We made the mistake of doing the hardware swap first, and then could NOT get the phone activated on his account using the Pre2.

I'm guessing this is another issue with the "Provisioner" application that also handles PRL updates. It doesn't run/exist in webOS 2.x, so any attempts to reprovision (see?) the phone to his account failed. We wound up putting the COMM board back in the Pre, putting 1.4.5 on it, and setting it up with his Sprint account. Then it worked fine in the Pre2.
    EdCates Wrote:
    Just encountered a problem today helping a friend, and he had a Sprint Pre off of eBay. We made the mistake of doing the hardware swap first, and then could NOT get the phone activated on his account using the Pre2. We wound up putting the COMM board back in the Pre, putting 1.4.5 on it, and setting it up with his Sprint account. Then it worked fine in the Pre2.

Does anyone have a differ solution other than swapping back comms boards?
    Any help would be appreciated
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    The Pre- was activated by you, on your account prior to moving it to the Pre2?

Just encountered a problem today helping a friend, and he had a Sprint Pre off of eBay. We made the mistake of doing the hardware swap first, and then could NOT get the phone activated on his account using the Pre2.

I'm guessing this is another issue with the "Provisioner" application that also handles PRL updates. It doesn't run/exist in webOS 2.x, so any attempts to reprovision (see?) the phone to his account failed. We wound up putting the COMM board back in the Pre, putting 1.4.5 on it, and setting it up with his Sprint account. Then it worked fine in the Pre2.
    sound subsystem dying on Sprint Pre 2 conversion 2.1.0 is the biggset issue - will this latest script (meta-sprint-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script) that you cleaned up work better? Can I just go in and remove the voice dial IPK's (if so where do I look to remove it = sprint tar?). Thanks!