Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OK... I can state that on a Sprint Pre 2 that used the spoof process at the start of the thread and had a 1.4.5 profile, now has a 2.0.0 profile with all of the same functionality it had before, full app cat access and no issues WITHOUT re-writing the unique Pre 2 tokens.

So if you already have a Sprint Pre 2 that is spoofing, you fix it like this.

1. Make a meta Dr using the WR Pre 2 Dr. Set the make file to disable model and carrier check. and overwrite these tokens in the roadrunner.xml file

<Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="ROW"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P102UNA"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P102UNA"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10840-00"/>

Run that Dr. then follow it immediately with the Stock Unlocked GSM Pre 2 WR Dr.

Obviously if you have your original Pre 2 tokens you could (and I would if I had mine) replace the same set of tokens you wrote during the conversion process.

When it is done log in with your profile and you should be good to go.

Profile version 2.0.0
    EY OH! I can confirm this works for me as well.

Thanks again rich!
  2.    #182  
    For folks thinking of doing the Sprint Pre 2 conversion, @richdunbar and @webosroundup have a cunning plan, so hold off a little longer ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Thats alot easier than before

Great job, and thanks to all who got it working!
    Guys, this is awesome. My dev device came in today, and I've been busy all evening. Time for some late night geekery! :-D
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    is anyone else having issues where the phone app won't launch? it was working when i did the 1.4.5 spoof with the vzw dr. but now its not coming up anymore
    Just another data point on the "Wow, it just got SO much easier" line.

I somehow managed to 9.9.9 my Pre2 last night. (you may all point and shout "LOL! n00b!" if you wish. I'll wait.) I blame sleep deprivation. Anyway, after trying a couple of things, I got smart and just applied the stock VZW (it's a Verizon Pre2) 2.0.1 Doctor to it.

BOOM!

Code:
    Model	Device ID	Serial Number	OS Version	Primary
    Palm Pre CDMA (SPRINT)	MEID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX	PGVXXXXXXXXX	2.0.0	Yes
    I tell ya what, a fella could get used to this!
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    (you may all point and shout "LOL! n00b!" if you wish. I'll wait.)
    Your avatar says it all! :P

I wonder what the Palm folks must be thinking, seeing all these CDMA Sprint Pre's showing up with 2.0 as their OS version...
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Your avatar says it all! :P

I wonder what the Palm folks must be thinking, seeing all these CDMA Sprint Pre's showing up with 2.0 as their OS version...
    They are thinking... "Ha, those idiots finally figured out we opened the gates up for them, now maybe the will stop calling support with those 9.9.9 profile issues".

Or

"If Sprint isn't going to do anything for them, then we should so that they can get over to better devices until the new stuff hits."
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    so lets say i wanted to convert my pre 2 back to unlocked and sell it.

My sprint tokens are already on the pre 2, so i guess i would need to flash my unlocked pre 2 tokens back on,

Is there anything else i need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so lets say i wanted to convert my pre 2 back to unlocked and sell it.

My sprint tokens are already on the pre 2, so i guess i would need to flash my unlocked pre 2 tokens back on,

Is there anything else i need to do?
    Provided you have all of them, yes. And as long as the dr. you flashed them back with was stock, besides the roadrunner.xml then you should be stock again.

You would however want to disclose that there is no warranty on the device since the tiny Palm sticker in the top right corner had been removed.
    any reason why my wallpaper reverts to stock after every reset? And now with 2.1, all I have is the stock orange plant wallpaper, the rest are gone...
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    any reason why my wallpaper reverts to stock after every reset? And now with 2.1, all I have is the stock orange plant wallpaper, the rest are gone...
    The default content ipk in the carrier tarball didn't install during the Dr. That is why you are experiencing this. If you check your interactive screen tests you will find you are also missing the images from that. That is from the crotestimages ipk.

You can install both of them from root.

But if you have used the method in the webOS Internals wiki for converting to a Sprint Pre 2 running 2.0.1 then you won't have these issues.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 03/07/2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Another success!!!

I followed the Sprint Pre 2 Conversion Guide on webOSRoundup. I read through the wiki from top to bottom like 4 times. Followed the pics posted by PastorRich, & Booyah!!!! It was smooth as butter, everything worked on the first try. I now have a brand new, Sprint Pre 2. My apps re-downloaded, Save/Restore brought back my data; I can continue where I left off on Angry Birds, lol.

Thanks Rod, PastorRich, Sirata & everybody that helped make this process so simple a caveman can do it. This was my first time doing a hardware hack, and it worked out great. Thanks again, you guys are awesome . I just sent in a donation to webOS Internals as well.

Quick question, about the unlocked Pre Minus that I now have; is it now just a bricked phone, or would I be able to run a webOSDoctor on it to get it working again? And if so, which Doctor should I use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Another success!!!

I followed the Sprint Pre 2 Conversion Guide on webOSRoundup. I read through the wiki from top to bottom like 4 times. Followed the pics posted by PastorRich, & Booyah!!!! It was smooth as butter, everything worked on the first try. I now have a brand new, Sprint Pre 2. My apps re-downloaded, Save/Restore brought back my data; I can continue where I left off on Angry Birds, lol.

Thanks Rod, PastorRich, Sirata & everybody that helped make this process so simple a caveman can do it. This was my first time doing a hardware hack, and it worked out great. Thanks again, you guys are awesome . I just sent in a donation to webOS Internals as well.

Quick question, about the unlocked Pre Minus that I now have; is it now just a bricked phone, or would I be able to run a webOSDoctor on it to get it working again? And if so, which Doctor should I use?
    Congrats!

I believe for the pre- you would be able to run a WR doctor and make a couple of makefile edits, i'd PM rich for more details
    Is there anyway to do this using a Verizon pre plus com board to a GSM pre2?
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by merkel85 View Post
    Is there anyway to do this using a Verizon pre plus com board to a GSM pre2?
    It is likely you can just do the hardware swap and then use the stock Verizon Pre 2 doctor.

Let us know if you're brave enough to try that.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I had been trying that, but the phone starts booting up at 4%, then the doctor locks up at 8%.

I was searching around for a solution and assumed I just couldn't use the verizon doctor on a GSM phone...Maybe I jumped to conclusions?

I was using recovery mode on the phone and the doctor I had been trying was: webosdoctorp102verizonwireless.jar
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by merkel85 View Post
    I had been trying that, but the phone starts booting up at 4%, then the doctor locks up at 8%.

I was searching around for a solution and assumed I just couldn't use the verizon doctor on a GSM phone...Maybe I jumped to conclusions?

I was using recovery mode on the phone and the doctor I had been trying was: webosdoctorp102verizonwireless.jar
    Run the doctor on the command line and post the console output. That will show the error.

-- Rod
    Just found the instructions for fixing a corrupted USB drive. I'll try those out.

Edit: Just saw your post, ill do that first
    Last edited by merkel85; 03/09/2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Saw your post, ill do that first