Here's what I've been testing so far:

Device: o2 Pre 2.1.0
    Linphone version: 0.1.8
    Kernel: UberKernel screenstate 800/500

1. SIP Provider: CallCentric
    Result: can't register, stuck at REG_PENDING

2. SIP Provider: Linphone.org
    Result: REG_OK
    Still not tested, have to find a colleague using SIP account from Linphone.org

3. SIP Provider: Office SIP Server #1 (SCS of Avaya)
    CallOut test: works, ring on destination extension number, but cannot hear any sound
    CallIn test: not applicable

4. SIP Provider: Office SIP Server #2 (Asterisks-based)
    CallOut test: works, connected to some IVR, but disconnected while press extension (I guess this was my server's problem)
    CallIn test: not applicable

Note: have to "killall org.webosinternals.linphone.service" every time change preference, and sometime reboot device. and after every test attempt, the state change to CALL_IDLE, and have to restart service.

That's what I can report so far, can try with my wife's o2 pre which still at 1.4.5 tonight

Thanks for the effort for making this application available Thibaud, rwhitby and all at webos-internals
    Device: o2 Pre P100EU
    Hardware version: A
    Linphone version: 0.1.8
    Kernel: UberKernel screenstate 1000/500

1. SIP Provider: 1und1.de
    Result: can't register, stuck at REG_PENDING

2. SIP Provider: ekiga.net
    Result: REG_OK (have to do further testing)
    Last edited by einalex; 03/18/2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Hey, can anyone point me to the linphone alpha link for the Pixi? I asked around on the IRC channel, but didn't get any responses. I'm using Google Voice with an IPKall number, which I manage with pbxes and have used with X-Lite/Linphone on my computer. It would be great to have a wifi WebOS phone and help get the linphone port to the beta stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by puuj View Post
    Hey, can anyone point me to the linphone alpha link for the Pixi? I asked around on the IRC channel, but didn't get any responses. I'm using Google Voice with an IPKall number, which I manage with pbxes and have used with X-Lite/Linphone on my computer. It would be great to have a wifi WebOS phone and help get the linphone port to the beta stage.
    Yes you did! Sorry, my bad, (still) have a pretty hard time at work that keeps me away from the channel and the app. See PM.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    I usually don't dial other SIM phones and don't have voice credit with a provider, or a cell voice/data plan on the Pixi for that matter, so I've been using Google Voice. My main goal is to have a way to use wifi for calls in places where my phone has spotty reception around home or work (without being tethered to my computer). The good news is that linphone on WebOS seems to work fine with Google Voice. My biggest complaint would be audio through the back speakers, but the thread seems to indicate that's a well-known issue.

Details:
    I tested sip2sip.info and pbxes.com as SIP providers. I have a phone number registered with IPKall that I associated with Google Voice. I used X-Lite v3 on a Windows machine to get around the activation check from GVoice. Then I put the SIP login information in the linphone app in WebOS.

There's not a great way to initiate calls from the Pixi beyond going to the Google Voice site on another machine and initiating a call that's directed to the IPKall number. Incoming calls to the Google Voice number work fine, even when the screen has turned off, which is nice.

I did have an issue when I canceled a Google Voice call from the webpage and linphone got stuck in the incoming call state (and then got stuck starting the service on closing/reopening), but killing the service in terminal fixed it.

Since the back speaker generates an echo for the person on the other end, I used the phone with headphones. For both SIP providers, the connection seemed to be fine. I'd say that overall it's not as good as my cell phone on a good day, definitely not as bad as my cell phone in a low-reception zone, and is a little worse than a Google Voice connection via GChat on my computer.
    Thibaud, I've seen version 0.1.9 at git, is it already available to download? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kostka View Post
    Thibaud, I've seen version 0.1.9 at git, is it already available to download? Thanks
    That's only a very minor update with volume-keys control, but no update in the service/app interaction (working on it + 2.x). Sorry, not worth the release if you don't mind! But stay tuned, you'll want to try 0.1.10...
    OK, I was able to consistently reproduce the "Waiting for the service to come up" static message when relaunching the app after being dismissed under the 2.1 emulator.

Investigating...
  9. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

thanks for this app, finally a SIP-client for webOS!

I tested linphone 0.1.8 on Pre Plus, one with 1.4.5 and one with 2.1, SIP-accounts are from Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.

On the Pre Plus with 2.1 most times I get "Waiting for the service ...", if I restart the device, I get "REG_OK", I can receive or get one call but there is no voice at all and the status stays in "CALL_IN_INVITE" or "CALL_OUT_RINGING".

On the other Pre Plus with 1.4.5 it works much better, there is the "speaker issue", but using a cabled headphone (bluetooth doesn't work) the audio quality is really good, I tried it with Wifi and 3G/UMTS and it works always for outgoing and most times for incomming calls (I have to check this, it might be an issue with our Asterisk-sever).

Right now there are two things that should be implemented for testing:
    - a button for re-register
    - a button for restart the service
    This would make testing much easier, because it seems that you have to do one or both from time to time and restarting the phone is quite anoying (I have seen that it can be done with a shell-script too, but a button would be much better).

An other (optical) problem is the automatic formating of phone-numbers with a leading "1" or other leading digits, which is wrong for non-US users.

Dialing a "123" results in "1 (23)", while this is only the internal number "123", or dialing a "95123456", which is a local number, "(951) 234-56 is shown, while dialing "0061311234557" there is no formating which is better than a wrong one. So this should be optional.

Thanks a again for this really great app :-)

PS: I also have a Pixi with 1.4.5, how do I have to change the link to get a version for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Right now there are two things that should be implemented for testing:
    - a button for re-register
    - a button for restart the service
    This would make testing much easier, because it seems that you have to do one or both from time to time and restarting the phone is quite anoying (I have seen that it can be done with a shell-script too, but a button would be much better).
    Errr, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $restarting$ $a$ $daemon$ $from$ $a$ $JSJSJS$ $app$ $is$ $a$ $no$-$go$. $I$'$m$ $rather$ $focusing$ $on$ $fixing$ $this$ !&$quot$;#$%^ $service$ $issue$ $in$ $2$.$x$. $Welcome$ $in$ $the$ $alpha$-$testing$ $world$!

An other (optical) problem is the automatic formating of phone-numbers with a leading "1" or other leading digits, which is wrong for non-US users.

Dialing a "123" results in "1 (23)", while this is only the internal number "123", or dialing a "95123456", which is a local number, "(951) 234-56 is shown, while dialing "0061311234557" there is no formating which is better than a wrong one. So this should be optional.
    Yes, I'll be removing the formatting stuff, too much trouble for now.

PS: I also have a Pixi with 1.4.5, how do I have to change the link to get a version for this?
    Replace "pre" with "pixi" in the download link you were given. Or "emu" if you want to try the emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    That's only a very minor update with volume-keys control, but no update in the service/app interaction (working on it + 2.x). Sorry, not worth the release if you don't mind! But stay tuned, you'll want to try 0.1.10...
    I'll stay tuned thanks, Thibaud!
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Replace "pre" with "pixi" in the download link you were given. Or "emu" if you want to try the emulator...
    today I testet it on my Pixi with webOS 1.4.5 but I get the same "results" as with the Pre Plus with webOS 2.1:

After a reboot I can register and make or receive one call, at least it rings, but there is no voice at all and it stays with the last message until I stop and start Linphone. Then I get the "Waiting ..."-message.
    Quick status

Phone O2 Pre+ webOS 2.1
    Linphon 0.1.8

Provider:
    Selfhosted Freeswitch based.
    Everything works including teleconferencing

Provider
    Auerswald Compact VOIP5010 Hybrid PBX
    Everything works as expected

Provider:
    XS4all.nl
    Everything works as expected.

( everything works as expected means in and out going calls with decent quality and stabilty )
    I only get audio via speakerphone though, which is no that handy because of the echo. probably trivial to solve

Between switching providers I needed to do the general: killall org.webosinternals.linphone.service

I do have some issues with the interface, but they are more cosmetic, not sure if it is time to complains about that yet.

Keep up the good work !
    Hi, I am a newbie here and just got a Pixi plus (1.4.5). Using sip service such as sipgate, localphone and voip.ms on my Nokia phone for a year, I really like to anticipate in this linphone test on my new Pixi plus. I appropriate for the download link and definitely will report back here for my test result. Thanks.
    hi, i'm looking for the alpha testing link. Can you PM the link so i can give it a try?

i'm using a Pre Plus AT&T with 1.4.5 against an asterisk server
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    After a reboot I can register and make or receive one call, at least it rings, but there is no voice at all and it stays with the last message until I stop and start Linphone. Then I get the "Waiting ..."-message.
    also with my Pre 2 with webOS 2.1 I get the same.

After configuration and app-restart I get the "Waiting ..."-message, after a reboot I get "REG_OK", "sip show peer 123" in Asterisk 1.6.2 shows me:

Useragent : Linphone/3.3.2.p1 (eXosip2/3.3.0)
    Reg. Contact : sip:123@10.20.30.40

After dialing a number with LinPhone I get "CALL_OUT_RINGING", the other phone rings but I have no voice and the status on LinPhone stays on "CALL_OUT_RINGING".

The restart of the app results in the "Waiting ..."-message, after rebooting again I get "REG_OK" etc. and I can receive one call, but no connection is established.

PS: @Bart you have seen the private message I've send to you?
    Please PM me alpha version link I will do test too with few Sip providers.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I tested it with my Pre 2 w. 2.1.0. It works perfect with sipgate.de.

@thibaud: Any news from your side?
    hi, i had no luck at irc channel looking for the alpha link. I want to test it and use it with my asterisk server... please PM with the link..

thanks!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Is there an expected ETA on a beta for this? Are you considering collaboration with anyone? Are you accepting donations?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast