Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    EDIT: It seems that the "waiting for service to come up" issue is more intermittent now- it doesn't happen every time a call is terminated. EDIT AGAIN: After a call (incoming or outgoing) it seems to sometimes go to CALL_IDLE, sometimes "waiting..." and other times to REG_OK. Haven't been able to detect any pattern here on what causes each to happen. When it goes to CALL_IDLE am able to get to REG_OK by changing login info and then changing it back again.
    All in all, more intermittent issues would mean the fix on the JSON answers corruption did some good! And there is probably no easy pattern you can see: I suspect there could still be collisions between DBUS messages from the asynchronous side (events from the linphone core) and the synchronous side (services requested from the app). And there are many many asynchronous events happening, although not handled in the app. So I'll have to "separate" them (in time) one from another.

Also, Linphone does not detect when the other party has ended the call. The call stays up until you end it.
    sipgate, 0.1.8, pre- 2.1
    Apart from the remaining issue mentioned above, I've seen some SIP servers respond much slower than others to ended calls. I'll give sipgate a try to confirm.
    Last edited by Thibaud; 03/11/2011 at 05:20 AM.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Quote Originally Posted by ensign View Post
    Can you try some of these numbers (904 is a good one). I am usually not able to use these numbers on by home network unless I use the proxy setting on my sip clients.
    Sorry, late answer. I tried the "904" numbers and a few others but did not succeed. Really weird! I'll retry with the command-line program on my Ubuntu and my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    After installing Linphone 0.1.8 on Pre2/webOS 2.0.1 (version 0.1.6 deleted manually prior to installation), it was not possible to register neither when using wi-fi nor 3G. Device restarted and registration went fine, but Linphone hanged when tried to place a call (CALL_OUT_INVITE). After the app was closed and started again it showed: 'Waiting for the service to come up...' (the only way to recover it was a full reset of the device, but then it hanged again when trying to make a call...).

Logs from Lumberjack.
    [...]
    Thank you for the logs. Unfortunately, they do not contain any usable debug information (nothing wrong from you!). Linphone uses Luna signals (am I the only one to use them?) to report asynchronous events, and there are many many happening during a call. But Lumberjack does not know yet about them, so it won't show them (need to ask oil about that).
    You probably already know this, but I called my bank just now and discovered that you can't "press 1 for English". Tried both the soft and hard keys.
    Yep! Pressed digits during a call need to be reported with a special SIP DTMF function. On the feature list once service stability is met!

Added sipgate to the wiki.
    Thanks, you're the first! I've added a column for the Firewall setting. Could you clarify NONE/NAT/STUN?
    Quote Originally Posted by onelander View Post
    I have tried looking at /var/log/messages on the phone and nothing of value shows in the logs. Lumberjack shows nothing at all.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Happens to me too on my Pre-. I've set the configuration to minimal logging (errors and higher only), which is obviously not very debug-friendly. Does it ring a bell to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Thanks, you're the first! I've added a column for the Firewall setting. Could you clarify NONE/NAT/STUN?
    roger, Roger. EDIT: Done. I tried both STUN and NONE to make sure, added a line for each.

by the way- is Terminal working for everyone on 2.1? It isn't working for me (app just comes up, black card, and.... nothing)- want to use killall so as to avoid restarting phone every time.
    Last edited by Ricyteach; 03/10/2011 at 10:26 PM.
    Happens to me too on my Pre-. I've set the configuration to minimal logging (errors and higher only), which is obviously not very debug-friendly. Does it ring a bell to you?
    I have not done it before but I can attempt to download the source and compile it with lower levels of logging to help with the issues I am seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by onelander View Post
    I have not done it before but I can attempt to download the source and compile it with lower levels of logging to help with the issues I am seeing.
    Sorry, should have made my statement clearer: minimal logging *on the Pre*, not in the app... ;-)
    by the way- is Terminal working for everyone on 2.1? It isn't working for me (app just comes up, black card, and.... nothing)- want to use killall so as to avoid restarting phone every time.
    How about this one: L\'Haut-Parleur Get shell access on your webos 2.1.0 device?
    Hi. I'd like to participate as alpha tester for linphone. Could somebody pm me the download link? thanks in advance.
    Hi. I'd like to participate as alpha tester for linphone. Could somebody pm me the download link? thanks in advance.
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    try the tips and it's not working. apparently it's just working for pre2, like the post says
    Quote Originally Posted by kostka View Post
    try the tips and it's not working. apparently it's just working for pre2, like the post says
    Yeah looks like I'll just have to use SSH. Lame.
  14.    #134  
    Yeah looks like I'll just have to use SSH. Lame.
    I hope that "Lame" comment is not directed towards the homebrew developers.

It could easily be interpreted as such.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi I would like to contribute to the alpha testing as well. really interested in this app. can you post the link or send via pm? thank you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I hope that "Lame" comment is not directed towards the homebrew developers.

It could easily be interpreted as such.

-- Rod
    Only if the homebrew developers are very fragile flowers.

(NOTE: the above was just good natured ribbing)

No, "lame", as in just a statement of fact- it is lame to have to SSH and I would prefer to use one of the apps.

However I understand that things are very much in flux right now and that the devs have to have priorities, and there is a limited amount of manpower, and it's all volunteer, so I'm not mad at anybody. So don't be mad at me. I freaking LOVE you people. Please dial down the sensitivity.

EDIT: Also, don't you guys have South Park in Australia?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guid...08e02-awesom-o

"lame"
    Last edited by Ricyteach; 03/14/2011 at 02:47 AM.
  17.    #137  
    No worries, mate.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Just tested with 1.1.8.
    Sip to sip calls works fine with draytel.org.
    Sip to PSTN calls don't work with draytel.org; can't hear other side, although I think they can hear me.

Thanks for the good work so far. UK Palm Pre 1.45. Linphone 1.1.8
    Thibaud,

Have you had the chance to add a separate login and password field for that app server that is different from the ID in the SIP URI?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    I hooked myself up on my Callcentric account with no problems to report so far! Great experience thus far considering this is alpha. Looks like my Pre will be useful overseas after all!

BLiip
    Hi BLiip,

I just setup my callcentric account, but stuck at REG_PENDING. Setup was okay with sip.linphone.org and my office's SIP server (there are two of them: one is based on scs from avaya, and the other is Asterisk). Would you pls share how to configure callcentric account? TIA
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast