Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Also Thibaud (or anyone else), could you PM me the link to the linphone ipk again? I seem to have misplaced it and I'm going to wipe my Pre and put 2.1 on it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Also Thibaud (or anyone else), could you PM me the link to the linphone ipk again? I seem to have misplaced it and I'm going to wipe my Pre and put 2.1 on it soon.
    Yep, see PM.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    I signed-up at Draytel.org and got an account so to perform a quick test. I only had to provide username, password and mention "draytel.org" as the domain (no explicit proxy) to get a successful call-in (with working audio) on my Pre from my Ubuntu machine.
    Can you try some of these numbers (904 is a good one). I am usually not able to use these numbers on by home network unless I use the proxy setting on my sip clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    try to increase the volume when call is connected, sound is handled as a media sound (the note icon, not the bell) and might be too low. I need to improve that too...
    I tried it again and made sure all the volumes were all the way up. There is an alert sound (bump bump) along with the incoming call alert notification, but no incoming sound on the call.
    Hello everyone, I have a Franken pre +
    on Sprint network, runs webOs 1.4.5. I've been using the gv+sipsorcery+sipgate integration for over a year, as of right now I have it working with phoner lite software on win. vista and ubuntu, have used it also with the jphone and x-lite software, works 100 % fine and i get free calling world wide.

I've been waiting for something like this for my phone and would like to get a shoot as an alpha tester implementing what I just mentioned, can someone point me the right way to get the app. Thx
    I am running into the "waiting for service" error after mis-dialing a 7 digit number. I need a device restart to get past this.

Thanks!

BLiip
    Thibaud you probably already know this, but I also just noticed that when data connection is lost, REG_OK still remains, even if the app is restarted.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I just got it up and running with Flowroute. It worked great!
    Current setup

Client
    Sprint Pre
    Linphone 0.16
    WebOS 1.4.5

Server
    Asterisk 1.8.2.3

I have found that when closing Linphone the application does not appear to register properly.

When I make a successful registration I can successfully call to/from the phone to my laptop. Here is what Asterisk looks like.

601 - laptop client
    603 - Sprint phone

testbed*CLI> sip show peers
    Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport ACL Port Status
    601/601 192.168.1.69 D 5060 Unmonitored
    602 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
    603/603 192.168.1.74 D 5060 Unmonitored

When I close the app and start it again I then see this. Notice the 603 did not register again. The phone says CALL_IDLE. What you are looking for is (Unspecified) on the 603 line. That means the server does not know the IP address the client is connecting from.

testbed*CLI> sip show peers
    Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport ACL Port Status
    601/601 192.168.1.69 D 5060 Unmonitored
    602 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
    603/603 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored

The only way I have found to make the phone register again is to go into the preferences and resave what I have. When I go back to the dialpad the phone registers.

I have tried looking at /var/log/messages on the phone and nothing of value shows in the logs. Lumberjack shows nothing at all.

Has anyone had this problem?
  10.    #110  
    Linphone 0.1.8 is available for alpha testing in the usual place.

See the wiki page at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ation:Linphone for details, and be sure to enter your test results there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Linphone 0.1.8 using a Pre2
    Asterisk 1.4.26.1
    works great with Wifi and 3G (Iusacell GSM Mexico), the "waiting for the service to come up" problem persists when closing the app
    Last edited by moris; 03/07/2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: codec selection its planned :)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey there,
    My company is going to be moving to a new SIP based service here in New York, RingCentral. I'm very interested in testing Linphone. I'm using an Unlocked Pre2 2.0.1 on AT&T, and have a Sprint Pre- (No Mod) for extra testing. PM me if you're still giving out the download link, I'd love to test out.

-- Mike Hemmes
    After installing Linphone 0.1.8 on Pre2/webOS 2.0.1 (version 0.1.6 deleted manually prior to installation), it was not possible to register neither when using wi-fi nor 3G. Device restarted and registration went fine, but Linphone hanged when tried to place a call (CALL_OUT_INVITE). After the app was closed and started again it showed: 'Waiting for the service to come up...' (the only way to recover it was a full reset of the device, but then it hanged again when trying to make a call...).

Logs from Lumberjack.

1) Linphone started after a reset (REG_OK)
    Code:
    [25] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //signalGState {"$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    [28] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //firewall {"policy": "none", "address": "", "$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    [25] org.webosinternals.linphone.service -> com.palm.luna-1722: {"returnValue": true}
    [28] org.webosinternals.linphone.service -> com.palm.luna-1722: {"returnValue": true}
    [10] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //register {"identity": "sip:xxx@sip.ipfon.pl", "password": "xxx", "proxy": "sip:sip.ipfon.pl", "$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    [10] org.webosinternals.linphone.service -> com.palm.luna-1722-active: {"returnValue": true}
    [13] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":10}
    [32] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":28}
    [34] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":25}
    2) Calling out (CALL_OUT_INVITE), the call was never connected as the app hanged
    Code:
    [41] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //call {"sipurl": "0048426300000", "$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    [41] org.webosinternals.linphone.service -> com.palm.luna-1722-active: {"returnValue": true}
    3) Terminating the call (the call was never connected as the app hanged)
    Code:
    [44] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //terminate {"$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    4) Linphone closed
    Code:
    [49] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1018 //unregister {"$activity": {"activityId": 211}}
    [50] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":49}
    [54] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":44}
    [57] com.palm.luna-1722-active -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /com/palm/luna/private/cancel {"token":41}
    5) Linphone started again (Waiting for the service to come up...)
    Code:
    [43] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1020 //signalGState {"$activity": {"activityId": 216}}
    [45] com.palm.luna-1722 -> org.webosinternals.linphone.service: org.webosinternals.linphone 1020 //firewall {"policy": "none", "address": "", "$activity": {"activityId": 216}}
    Last edited by kbywal; 03/08/2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Just installed 0.1.8 after a removal of 0.1.6 and I am still seeing the same problems as before. The phone does not appear to re-register when closing and re-opening the app. Previously, I would be able to re-enter values in the preferences screen to get the phone to re-register but that does not work anymore. In order for me to get the the phone to start working again I killed the linphone service.

I really want to be able to provide logs but /var/log/messages is not showing anything of use. Do I need to do something specific to get linphone to log more to /var/log/messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Linphone 0.1.8 is available for alpha testing in the usual place.

See the wiki page at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ation:Linphone for details, and be sure to enter your test results there.

-- Rod
    OK, a bit more information about the updates up to 0.1.8:
    • 0.1.7 (unreleased)
      Fixed (partly?) a synchronous vs asynchronous events issue (methods vs callbacks) where callbacks could overwrite JSON answer buffers since shared, so separated them
      (FIXME: are luna-service calls thread-safe too? If not, will need to protect them also)
      NAT/STUN capability added (needs further testing)

Please note the app restart issue reported on Pre2 / webOS 2.x has not been investigated (yet), so 0.1.8 is very very unlikely to fix it. It is next-on-the-list, though!

As mentioned, NAT/STUN support is in its early stage (I'm experiencing service crash & restart when testing NAT at work -- register OK but I suspect the audio routing cannot be performed at all --, possibly a timeout issue in the 3.3.2 core, looking at & found fixes made after the linphone 3.3.2 release).

Setting "FIREWALL" to "NONE" (default) will make the app run in the same conditions as 0.1.6 (name kept for consistency with the linphone console, "GATEWAY" would probably be more appropriate).

Last, I currently have busy days at work, hence the MIA-lookalike for the past weeks. Thank you in advance for your kind patience with me...
    0.1.8 has fixed the problem I had with no sound on 0.1.6. I can now both place and receive calls via SIPGate.

EDIT: Upon further observation, it looks like the problem was never the sound in the first place. The problem was that calls were never making it past CALL_OUT_INVITE or CALL_IN_INVITE- this was on 0.1.6 for both 1.4.5 and 2.1 on a Pre-.

I am not even going to bother testing Gizmo5 anymore because they are permanently ending service in April.

You probably already know this, but I called my bank just now and discovered that you can't "press 1 for English". Tried both the soft and hard keys.

Added sipgate to the wiki.
    Last edited by Ricyteach; 03/08/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Just for now, is there a quick and dirty way of killing the linphone service without having to restart the phone each time?

EDIT: It seems that the "waiting for service to come up" issue is more intermittent now- it doesn't happen every time a call is terminated. EDIT AGAIN: After a call (incoming or outgoing) it seems to sometimes go to CALL_IDLE, sometimes "waiting..." and other times to REG_OK. Haven't been able to detect any pattern here on what causes each to happen. When it goes to CALL_IDLE am able to get to REG_OK by changing login info and then changing it back again.

Also, Linphone does not detect when the other party has ended the call. The call stays up until you end it.

sipgate, 0.1.8, pre- 2.1
    Last edited by Ricyteach; 03/08/2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Just for now, is there a quick and dirty way of killing the linphone service without having to restart the phone each time?
    Sure! Log into the device (terminal or ssh), then "killall org.webosinternals.linphone.service" (because the service is upstart-driven, it will be restarted so "stop org.webosinternals.linphone.service" if you want to stop it "forever").
    Just started testing and set-up GV with gizmo5 set-up almost immediately without any issues, but at times I cannot hear anything on a call and the other end doesn't either. Also, I have never been able to receive calls.

Sometimes the registrations hangs "waiting for service to come up..." and never changes to Reg_ok unless I close app and re-open.

Have never been able to set-up my business ring central settings in the app as it just won't recognize the logins.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Can someone PM me the ipk link?

Thanks much!