Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Is the "x11" an alias over your phone number? I'm not so familiar with SIP aliases but quite a few people already reported issues with aliases whereas fine with the main number. Need to check the linphone core.
    No it is not an alias. It is the user name you send with the password to register, but the "Authentication User Name" is used to make the URI. For example you send username=0123456789x11 along with the password to register but use the URI of sip:0123456789@sip.broadvoice.com with the message. This configuration allows multiple devices to register with an application server under one phone number or URI. Now it looks like you are using the user name to create the URI which means that the registration will have an incorrect URI if I use my user name. For example it looks like my URI is 0123456789x11@sip.broadvoice.com which is wrong.

In preferences, create a "Authentication Name" field where users will enter their phone number. You use this field to make the URI. The name and password fields are used to authenticate registration.

I actually got it backwards. Please see subsequent message with the proper corrections.
    Last edited by milliman; 02/11/2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Fix errors in statement
    I have tried gizmo5 and I can get it to call out but it says I need to put credit into the account. Tried sipgate same issue. Both times linphone was on speakerphone mode. I used demo.sipsorcery.com to setup and I can call out and the phone rings on the other end but I hear no sound. Sometimes when I answer the phone one I am calling linphone puts additional numbers after the number on the dialpad I was able to do all this on a wifi only phone meaning no cell service. That leads me to question If I can ring the phone from my non activated device am I missing something in the setup or does this app require the phone to be activated to use the service.

I also cannot receive incoming phone calls. no matter which service I try to setup. Once I call the linphone number I get the popup Call error: need to confirm registration and then it ha the reg_pending message. I have a log I if that will help. Also after making two calls I get the waiting to register error the only way I can get make the phone register again is to reinstall linphone over it self. Thibaud I have a log I just pm'd you my email address so I can email it to you.
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/11/2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Keep in mind that if you have a Gizmo account and a Google Voice account, you can use this for completely free calling...
    What is your setup you are using for that. I tried it but wasn't successful.
    Thibaud:

My previous post on the topic was incorrect. My assessment was actually backwards. Only after I installed the Linux Linphone client, did I understand the correct configuration.

I installed the Linphone client (3.3.2) on my Ubuntu box and configured it to work with my VoIP provider. The plumbing is in the source to make it work in my configuration. My VoIP provider allows me to use multiple devices by assigning virtual extensions to the phone number. This changes the registration authentication process slightly.

In these situations just supplying the name is not good enough because the name in the URI is different from the user ID used for authentication. I configured my account to have a SIP identity of sip:NNNNNNNNNNx11@sip.broadvoice.com, userid of NNNNNNNNNN, and passwd. This URI allows the app. server to know which client to set up the RTP streams while the userid and passwd authenticate my registration. My .linphonerc file has the following section in it:
    Code:
    [auth_info_0]
    username=NNNNNNNNNNx11
    userid=NNNNNNNNNN
    passwd=x9x$,esl0
    realm="BroadWorks"
    With this account configured this way, I am able to place and receive phone calls on the Broadvoice network. I confirmed that the registration messages were valid and received a 200 OK back.

I suggest laying the "Preferences" scene out similar to the .linphonerc file with the order USERNAME, USERID, PASSWORD, DOMAIN, USE PROXY, etc. As I recall from the source code, if USERID is null then the USERNAME is used for authentication. All you have to do is populate the USERID variable (if not null) in the object to support multi-presence in the Linphone core. I'd be more than glad to test the code when you are ready now that I am familiar with it. Later tonight I'm going to build version 3.4 for Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hi Thibaud,

I can see at git.webos-internals.org that version 0.1.4 of linphone is available. Any plans for alpha testing of this version ?

Although this just an alpha test version it is already a great app !
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What is your setup you are using for that. I tried it but wasn't successful.
    I have to admit, I'm not using Linphone, as I only call mobile phones now anyway and get those minutes for free. However, I used to do this pretty often a few years back.

You would set up Linphone to connect to Gizmo5 using something like this:

Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Home

Then, set up Google Voice to forward calls to your 747 number from Gizmo5 (which is free) and use an app like Voogle to make your calls.

Voogle will contact GV and tell it to make the call, the call will get forwarded to your Gizmo5 account, and then you would answer that with Linphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Hi Thibaud,

I can see at git.webos-internals.org that version 0.1.4 of linphone is available. Any plans for alpha testing of this version ?

Although this just an alpha test version it is already a great app !
    Yep, I'd really like all the alpha testers to move to this revision, as it fixes a major issue in the app / service communication that was the cause of a bunch of issues many of you faced while testing.

We're not stable yet and Rod was kind enough to provide the packaging workforce on the app, which you got as a direct link (and we also need to ease that process for all of us). I know he'll care about this one again as soon as he is available, and this is the only reason why you see a delay for now.

Stay tuned and please be all patient as I'll be away too for the whole week-end with (unfortunately, believe me) very very little time to spend on the app. I'll have my laptop with me, though...
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/13/2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Thibaud:

My previous post on the topic was incorrect. My assessment was actually backwards. Only after I installed the Linux Linphone client, did I understand the correct configuration.

I installed the Linphone client (3.3.2) on my Ubuntu box and configured it to work with my VoIP provider. The plumbing is in the source to make it work in my configuration. My VoIP provider allows me to use multiple devices by assigning virtual extensions to the phone number. This changes the registration authentication process slightly.

In these situations just supplying the name is not good enough because the name in the URI is different from the user ID used for authentication. I configured my account to have a SIP identity of sip:NNNNNNNNNNx11@sip.broadvoice.com, userid of NNNNNNNNNN, and passwd. This URI allows the app. server to know which client to set up the RTP streams while the userid and passwd authenticate my registration. My .linphonerc file has the following section in it:
    Code:
    [auth_info_0]
    username=NNNNNNNNNNx11
    userid=NNNNNNNNNN
    passwd=x9x$,esl0
    realm="BroadWorks"
    With this account configured this way, I am able to place and receive phone calls on the Broadvoice network. I confirmed that the registration messages were valid and received a 200 OK back.

I suggest laying the "Preferences" scene out similar to the .linphonerc file with the order USERNAME, USERID, PASSWORD, DOMAIN, USE PROXY, etc. As I recall from the source code, if USERID is null then the USERNAME is used for authentication. All you have to do is populate the USERID variable (if not null) in the object to support multi-presence in the Linphone core. I'd be more than glad to test the code when you are ready now that I am familiar with it. Later tonight I'm going to build version 3.4 for Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks,
    Mark
    All is good, believe me, and you are already of great help like the many other alpha testers. Thank you also for clarifying the multi-device support feature, I'm still learning about SIP & Linphone even though I've spent much time diving into the code.

If you're interested to know, the service part of the app started as a light replicate of the command-line version (linphonec) which does not provide all the bells & whistles in the plain commands compared to what can be done with the configuration file. But you are right, reverse-engineering the configuration-file machinery is the way to get the best out of the core.

So you saw the Linphone people released their 3.4 version a few days ago...! As I mentioned in a previous post, we're not stable today and my very first priority is to stabilize the app and the luna-service so we get a basic, but strong VOIP app with the so many SIP providers around and their own ways of performing VOIP. The Linphone-3.3.2 core is already strong and has been available for long enough so we don't have to bother about, nor fear, some of the issues one might face with a fresh release like this one.

Besides, the 3.4 APIs have somewhat changed to support the new features and this is another reason not to jump ship now.

Still feel free to evaluate the 3.4 version, this is all good & free software we just love!
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/11/2011 at 12:52 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Yep, I'd really like all the alpha testers to move to this revision, as it fixes a major issue in the app / service communication that was the cause of a bunch of issues many of you faced while testing.

We're not stable yet and Rod was kind enough to provide the packaging workforce on the app, which you got as a direct link (and we also need to ease that process for all of us). I know he'll care about this one again as soon as he is available, and this is the only reason you see a delay for now.

Stay tuned and please be all patient as I'll be away too for the whole week-end with (unfortunately, believe me) very very little time to spend on the app. I'll have my laptop with me, though...
    Linphone alpha testers: take the previous URL you were given, change '3' to '4' and add '-pre' or '-pixi' to the end to get version 0.1.4 for your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    All is good, believe me, and you are already of great help like the many other alpha testers. Thank you also for clarifying the multi-device support feature, I'm still learning about SIP & Linphone even though I've spent much time diving into the code.

If you're interested to know, the service part of the app started as a light replicate of the command-line version (linphonec) which does not provide all the bells & whistles in the plain commands compared to what can be done with the configuration file. But you are right, reverse-engineering the configuration-file machinery is the way to get the best out of the core.

So you saw the Linphone people released their 3.4 version a few days ago...! As I mentioned in a previous post, we're not stable today and my very first priority is to stabilize the app and the luna-service so we get a basic, but strong VOIP app with the so many SIP providers around and their own ways of performing VOIP. The Linphone-3.3.2 core is already strong and has been available for long enough so we don't have to bother about, nor fear, some of the issues one might face with a fresh release like this one.

Besides, the 3.4 APIs have somewhat changed to support the new features and this is another reason not to jump ship now.

Still feel free to evaluate the 3.4 version, this is all good & free software we just love!
    I compiled and am running 3.4 on my 10.10 box. I haven't given it a complete shakeout yet and I have yet to install it over 3.3.2. Your choice to stick with 3.3.2 is a sound one given the changes and dependencies. I'll install 0.1.4 just as soon as I can find the URL. Take a weekend off and enjoy yourself.

Mark
    My status with this great app using sipgate (pre-):
    Version 0.1.3 was connecting fine but didn't work.
    Version 0.1.4 is now working fine over wifi and G3(vodafone/germany) ;-).
    Updating 0.1.3 to 0.1.4 didn't work for me so I deinstalled and installed.
    Will do some more testing.

Again: Thanks so much. The most wanting app on my list.

UPDATE:
    Same situation with pre- webOS 2.0 (developer version) on o2 Germany.
    All works fine wifi and g3.
    This time updating worked.

EDIT: BTW: Is Thibaud on twitter?
    Last edited by somline; 02/12/2011 at 02:08 AM.
    Just for the record, since this is no productive device:
    On webOS2.0 (dev version) after device sleeping (linphone still running) I get the message:
    Waiting for service to come up.
    After killing the service it's working again.
    I don't know if the same happens on pre 2 (I don't have one).

I'm so happy with this app. Since this is alpha I keep my wish list secret for now ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 02/12/2011 at 05:45 AM.
    I tested Linphone 0.1.4 on Pre2 and it seems that the problem with service being killed when the app is closed is still there. When the app is closed and started again it says: 'Waiting for service to come up...' and the only way to get the app working again is to restart the phone/re-install Linphone.
    I tested Linphone 0.1.4 on Pre2 and it seems that the problem with service being killed when the app is closed is still there. When the app is closed and started again it says: 'Waiting for service to come up...' and the only way to get the app working again is to restart the phone/re-install Linphone.
    Maybe my post was not clear enough:
    On my webOS 2.0 device the service still runs but linphone says "Waiting for service...."
    I then kill the service using terminal/ssh. Service gets restarted and linphone works again.
    I believe that resetting the phone/re-installing the app kills the service, doesn't it ? After doing so when the app is started for the first time it works fine. But then it shows 'Waiting for service to come up...' when the app is closed and started again.
    I killed the service manually via ssh and Linphone started working on my Pre2. But the problem: 'Waiting for service to come up...' re-occurred when the app was closed and started again.
    I killed the service manually via ssh and Linphone started working on my Pre2. But the problem: 'Waiting for service to come up...' re-occurred when the app was closed and started again.
    Too many times in a row for Pre2 users, so it looks like there's a real issue here...

Allow me for a little time so I can investigate, but anyone with a good knowledge of the linux world & /var/log/messages is welcome to give an in-depth look & report here, this will help a lot for sure!
    Allow me for a little time so I can investigate, but anyone with a good knowledge of the linux world & /var/log/messages is welcome to give an in-depth look & report here, this will help a lot for sure!
    tail -f /var/log/messages | grep linphone
    Starting linphone:
    Code:
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.102691Z [6222] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: {"activity":{"description":"1044","name":"org.webosinternals.linphone","type":{"foreground":true}},"replace":true,"start":true,"subscribe":true}
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.103179Z [6222] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create finishing: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: [Activity 341]: succeeded
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.103454Z [6222] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] appId:org.webosinternals.linphone subscribed
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.103668Z [6222] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] Attempting to set appId:org.webosinternals.linphone as parent
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.103851Z [6222] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] appId:org.webosinternals.linphone assigned as parent
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.104064Z [6222] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create complete: [Activity 341] ("org.webosinternals.linphone") created by appId:org.webosinternals.linphone
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.105133Z [6222] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] adding association with [Entity appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:33:48.108123Z [6222] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:33:52.103881Z [6226] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Focus: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: {"activityId":341}
    2011-02-13T17:33:52.104675Z [6226] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    Closing:
    Code:
    2011-02-13T17:33:57.872924Z [6232] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Unfocus: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: {"activityId":341}
    2011-02-13T17:33:57.873779Z [6232] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:34:00.406890Z [6234] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] appId:org.webosinternals.linphone unsubscribed
    2011-02-13T17:34:00.407379Z [6234] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 341] removing association with [Entity appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:34:00.407653Z [6234] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    Start again:
    Code:
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.328399Z [6243] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: {"activity":{"description":"1046","name":"org.webosinternals.linphone","type":{"foreground":true}},"replace":true,"start":true,"subscribe":true}
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.328857Z [6243] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create finishing: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: [Activity 342]: succeeded
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.329101Z [6243] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 342] appId:org.webosinternals.linphone subscribed
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.329315Z [6243] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 342] Attempting to set appId:org.webosinternals.linphone as parent
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.329498Z [6243] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 342] appId:org.webosinternals.linphone assigned as parent
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.329711Z [6243] palm-webos user.notice activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Create complete: [Activity 342] ("org.webosinternals.linphone") created by appId:org.webosinternals.linphone
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.330657Z [6243] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activity] [Activity 342] adding association with [Entity appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:34:09.333953Z [6243] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    2011-02-13T17:34:13.396697Z [6247] palm-webos user.info activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.activityhandler] Focus: Message from appId:org.webosinternals.linphone: {"activityId":342}
    2011-02-13T17:34:13.397491Z [6247] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1676]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:org.webosinternals.linphone]
    Successfully tested the 0.1.4 Pixi binaries (armv6) on my wife's Pixi: loud & clear as expected!

The only downside for now is the app not properly fitting the screen (taller -> scroll), apparently creating touch issues in many ways.

Need to fix the CSS so Pre & Pixi screen sizes can be handled all-at-once. Stay tuned...
    I tested Linphone on a freshly doctored Pre2 and unfortunatelly the problem is still there (after closing and starting the app again the message: 'Waiting for service to come up...' is seen and it is not possible to register with a SIP account).
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast