Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
Like Tree16Likes
    Woks 100% with spanish voip provider Netelip (i know that this topic it's old and has been a while since last update but...
    Quote Originally Posted by juanma_1980 View Post
    Woks 100% with spanish voip provider Netelip (i know that this topic it's old and has been a while since last update but...
    which version are you using and where did you get the install from?
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    which version are you using and where did you get the install from?
    device: HP Pre3
    webOS version: 2.2.4
    linphone version 0.2.2.1

I get the installer from the linphone thread.
    So in the light of : Skype login problem (for the first time)

Is this a viable alternative for the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So in the light of : Skype login problem (for the first time)

Is this a viable alternative for the future?
    If you want to do VOIP yes otherwise - no.
    I've been using that for my trips abroad using gtalk and other free incoming numbers(sipgate - which doesn't work anymore and now obitalk with pbxes.com just so I can call in). And there was a scare on obitalk that google will shut down the old api becasue of hangouts - yet it still works. It's too involved to do the pbxes.com configuration but this is the only way to use the softphone that comes free with your obitalk device, since they have only apps for android and iphone, whcih obviously suck anyway and their windows client just doesn't work for me at all.
    I'm using phoner lite and the pbxes.com and that works as a charm
    I can be registered from 2 different locations/devices as oppose to the obitalk softphone - since pbxes.com provides a trunk/link to obitalk.

The only think that linphone is not doing right is using the back speaker if you don't have your headphones plugged, but AudioSwitch can help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    If you want to do VOIP yes otherwise - no.

(...)

The only think that linphone is not doing right is using the back speaker if you don't have your headphones plugged, but AudioSwitch can help with that.
    Er, Skype is a VoIP system, so... Yes? "Otherwise, no"? Do you mean it doesn't do messaging and other services additional to VoIP?

I'm no expert on this stuff, so I'm not clear if the other apps / services you mention are actually running on webOS devices.

I realise that Open-source options won't work with Skype, so this can't be a direct replacement, only an alternative.

So, as a VoIP solution, could it at least be described as beta, in that it basically works, but is buggy or not an entirely smooth user experience?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/19/2014 at 11:28 AM.
    v.0.1.15.3 works fine but it was fixed not by the OP. Have to hunt through the post here to find it. Not sure if it's still available online. Yes you are correct VOIP is just voice and skype does more than that since they have their own servers and protocol - kind of p2p and each client is a node as well. Linphone doesn't support video in the webos version or any of the other features like messages and file sharing/uploading.
    Thanks for your help here and on the Skype thread. Interesting possibilities!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juanma_1980 View Post
    device: HP Pre3
    webOS version: 2.2.4
    linphone version 0.2.2.1

I get the installer from the linphone thread.
    What linphone thread?
    I have linphone 0.1.15 on my Pre 2 and would like to have the newest version.
    I have searched the forum and found several threads mentioning linphone, but none with an authoritative source for linphone 0.2.2.1.
    The version I have is the latest one visible on linphone - LinPhone
    Even https://github.com/webos-internals/linphone/releases only lists up to 0.2.1.
    And anyway, I need something (a binary?, a java package?) which I can install, not the source code.The original announcement WebOS Internals working on VOIP for webOS | webOS Nation has not been updated since 2011 and links only to wikipedia, not to any download source. The official linphone site, https://www.linphone.org/, appears to be down.
    And this: http://www.belledonne-communications.com (the maintainers). Hopefully it's temporary.

I see Android has Linphone video, so presumably this is a current capability of Linphone and potentially portable by some enterprising person...
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbrux View Post
    And anyway, I need something (a binary?, a java package?) which I can install, not the source code.The original announcement WebOS Internals working on VOIP for webOS | webOS Nation has not been updated since 2011 and links only to wikipedia, not to any download source.
    Hey rsbrux.

I just re-hosted all the binary files that I had built from my source code for this thread 2 years ago for you or others to download.

They can now be found >> here <<.

I am also not aware of a 0.2.2.1 version, it is possible that someone else made further improvements after me. They were never posted to this thread however.

Hopefully that works out for you.
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 07/14/2016 at 12:48 PM.
    If you like something I did, feel free to !
    Preemptive likes this.