webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > Linphone alpha testing
Linphone alpha testing
Like Tree16Likes

Old 06/30/2012, 04:47 AM   #401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
ringtone and actually talking with someone over linphone will never be at the same time right?
I was also expecting to hear the same ringtone as I can configure for the mobile phone.
I will use linphone more for accepting phone calls then placing phone calls.
Perhaps sometime we can just integrate linphone with the existing mobile phone app and the synergy account.
Interesting. How well does Linphone perform in receiving calls? How reliable is it on 3G receving calls?
Dick99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2012, 06:38 PM   #402 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
Interesting. How well does Linphone perform in receiving calls? How reliable is it on 3G receving calls?
I don't know yet. I only tested receiving a few calls within my local Wifi range.
I never run 3G data connection on my Pre3 or TouchPad.
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2012, 03:55 PM   #403 (permalink)

I tried my Pre as an internal subscriber to my Auerswald 5020voip pbx system.

It workes fine. The problem is that the linphone application has to be started to get any phone calls. It would be nice if there were a service running for registering at the pbx.

With the Pre connected to my pbx I would not need dect phones anymore.

Thanks a lot!
Old 07/15/2012, 09:37 AM   #404 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitisen View Post
It would be nice if there were a service running for registering at the pbx.
RIght, I want the same - sure! Linphone for webos is still in the early stages.
Would be great to get linphone integrate with original webos mobile phone/skype application.
Today with skype for webos you can receive calls on your phone without starting the skype app.
Linphone on webos should behave like just another skype integration.
(Not sure if Skype for webos will be part of the open source webos ? if yes then we should be able to inspect that implementation.)
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2012, 09:33 PM   #405 (permalink)

Today I installed the 0.2.1.1 version. I can receive calls if I have the dialing screen open and can make calls.

However, I do not get notifications if a call is coming in when linphone is in the background, unopen or the phone is asleep. There is no ringing or anything like that either. It's silent!

So what kind of work needs to be done to get this better integrated with the operating system? It seems like there needs to be some kind of background process that makes sure the SIP service is registered. When I close and reopen linphone, it says the phone is registered and I can dial, but cannot receive calls unless I do a reset.

I have programming experience and would love to try helping out if I knew how to approach things, although I'm brand new to WebOS. It just seems like things are so darn close! Would it be hard to integrate the existing stuff with the WebOS dialer and phone book?
micahphones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2012, 04:38 AM   #406 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahphones View Post
Today I installed the 0.2.1.1 version. I can receive calls if I have the dialing screen open and can make calls.
Same here on my PixiPlus using Sipgate. Works pretty fine! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahphones View Post
However, I do not get notifications if a call is coming in when linphone is in the background, unopen or the phone is asleep. There is no ringing or anything like that either. It's silent!
Made the same experience, but doesnt bother me until now as I usually place calls.

I noticed some audio stuttering every ~5-7 seconds. It stutters and then gets smooth again. I placed a call over Wifi and 3G - both calls had the same stuttering. Might be a problem of the weak Pixi CPU though.
mkloeckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2012, 04:18 PM   #407 (permalink)

Running 0.2.1.1 on a Pre2, and noticed the mic gain is almost too high. If you talk as normal the outbound audio is distorted, but if you talk quietly or move your mouth away it performs excellent.

Thanks for all the hard work! =)
pEEf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 07:20 AM   #408 (permalink)

I just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work. After being nagged to get a home line (my house is the only black hole on the block), I decided to get a CallCentric account. From my limited testing, I can call and receive just fine. Registration works well too, with occasional errors or dropping (most likely due to my router, as my fiance's N8 experiences similar issues).

A few suggestions:

-As others have requested, functionality similar to the native phone app. I would love to be able to call via Just Type and receive calls without having the app open.
-Further to the above point, an option to allow registration for both cell and wifi connections or wifi only. For people like me, with 200 MB data plans, I'll probably need to declare bankruptcy if the app registers on the cell network and I receive a call. Also, maybe allow for registration for a specific WiFi network? Luckily thanks to Mode Switcher, I can get this functionality by setting up a mode but it would be nice to have this built into a future release.
-When there's a registration failure, have it notify the user that it failed and have the app retry to register. I noticed this morning that the app said registration failed and I had to manually reset the service (soft was sufficient). If this is to be a reliable VoIP app, it needs to be reliable/self-sufficient or at least notify the user when errors occur. I understand that it's alpha now, but would like some kind of error handling baked in later on.

I haven't checked voice quality yet (no one wanted to pick-up their phone), so I can't comment on that. Other than that, it is wonderful to have VoIP functioning on my Pre3. Also, what's keeping this from being a beta? Has any further development been done?
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2012, 06:04 AM   #409 (permalink)

Hi,
first of all thanks for all the work porting linphone for webos. I wan't to tell my experiences. Im'
Running 0.2.1.1 on a Pre and it works so far with sipgate and also with an local registration on my fritzbox.

There are a view problems I noticed:

* It works for wlan and 3g

* At the beginnig of a call after maybe fife to ten seconds every time there is a gap of several seconds where I don't here anything. After that all went quite well.

* It seems to work better with a processor rate of 800 Mhz (uberkernel and govnah)

* When I use the UberKernel with screenstate 500/800 there are problems with the proximity sensor - because then it changes to 500 Mhz - which seems to cause problems some times.

* a headset is only recogniced if i plug while the call is allready established. Removing it during the call the voice comes from back speaker

Furthermore the ability to save more than one sip-profile would be great. For now I have to change all the configuration manually -depending where I am. Is there maybe any workaround? I dind't find any configuration file. How is configuration data managed? Would it possible to write a bash-script which I run from terminal to change configuration?

Thanks for ideas.
trira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2012, 06:11 AM   #410 (permalink)

re-upload please com.palm.webosinternals.linphone_0.2.1.1-api_armv6.ipk !!
thanks!!
.nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: JosefG
Old 09/23/2012, 12:04 PM   #411 (permalink)

I tried to install linphone_0.2.1.1 on my TouchPad but the links do not work any more(linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad). Can you please tell me where I can find a working link. I want to try the new version as version v0.1.8 do not work with my Eumex PBX. THX!
JosefG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2012, 01:00 AM   #412 (permalink)

Sorry, I changed hosts and didn't update the links...

Here they are again:
linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad
linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pixi

Any other version I uploaded can be found here.

Also, the git repositories containing my changes can be found here

Enjoy!

Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 06/05/2013 at 01:31 PM.
Lazar Dobrescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by JosefG likes this.
Thanked by .nuke, chongjoc, JosefG, MrGan
Old 09/24/2012, 09:28 AM   #413 (permalink)

I want to document, that this version is now working with my Eumex 800V PBX perfectly. THX!
JosefG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 05:43 PM   #414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
ringtone and actually talking with someone over linphone will never be at the same time right?
I was also expecting to hear the same ringtone as I can configure for the mobile phone.
I will use linphone more for accepting phone calls then placing phone calls.
Perhaps sometime we can just integrate linphone with the existing mobile phone app and the synergy account.
So, this is one project that I am looking to do, as with many of my other projects. I actually need to get in contact with the person currently maintaining linphone.
Old 10/17/2012, 10:04 PM   #415 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
So, this is one project that I am looking to do, as with many of my other projects. I actually need to get in contact with the person currently maintaining linphone.
Afaik there is no one currently maintaining linphone, and I was the last one to make modifications to it. I'm always monitoring this thread so if you need anything that I can help with let me know.
Old 10/18/2012, 09:12 AM   #416 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
Looking forward to this!
Old 10/19/2012, 01:05 AM   #417 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
Afaik there is no one currently maintaining linphone, and I was the last one to make modifications to it. I'm always monitoring this thread so if you need anything that I can help with let me know.
Ok! I am looking to bring the source code into the webos-internals github repo. I need to dig up the details again.
Old 01/02/2013, 12:38 PM   #418 (permalink)

Has there been any updates or has this project been side-lined?
Old 01/07/2013, 05:51 AM   #419 (permalink)

Works as is with Voipfone UK.

Last edited by Jimbode; 01/07/2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: because I'm dyslexic
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 10:52 PM   #420 (permalink)

First off I used that great app on my phone on my 2 extended overseas trips with sipgate/gvoice combo and it seemed to deliver less echo then using the windows app that sipgate provides on their website over the same wifi connection .

Anyway as the title says I had issues accessing my usb partition on one of my TPs, so if you ever messed with installing this on TP and maybe running some additional patches(I can't remember if I did).
But it seems that the logs for the linphone are writing to the usb partition and there's a service respawning every 10 secs or so.
I have that on another thread but decided that it might be useful here:
USB not recognised
60RH is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0