Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Unfortunately, now again with the new version the registration fails for Pre3 (on Fritzbox 7220v3). (Similar it fails on TouchPad.)
    Well that is weird(and annoying). Nothing changed on this side of things at all. Of course much stranger things have happened in software development but it's still annoying.

Just to be sure, can you make very certain that 0.1.x is uninstalled and that no linphone service is running (ps xua | grep linphone from a shell prompt) before installing 0.2.1.1? If the 0.1.x service is already running it would definitely prevent 0.2 from registering.

If you care to, I created a version of 0.2.1.1 that will log in /media/internal/linphone.log the information that should help find out why registration failed... It might or might not allow us to fix the problem. Here it is:

linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad-debug

Thank you for the report!
    If you like something I did, feel free to !
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, now again with the new version the registration fails for Pre3 (on Fritzbox 7220v3). (Similar it fails on TouchPad.))
    That's strange, because it works with my Fritzbox 7270v2!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    That's strange, because it works with my Fritzbox 7270v2!
    Today, I managed to get it working on Pre3 and TouchPad with Fritzbox 7270v3 !

As Lazar pointed out the un-installation of previous versions is required.

As I had previous linphone versions installed (which I did un-install) and after installing the new version I still found 2 instances of linphone service running on my Pre3 (and TP):

# ps xua | grep linphone
    root 1154 0.0 0.8 91848 3320 ? SLsl 02:16 0:00 /var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service -N
    root 1203 0.0 0.8 100040 3128 ? SLsl 02:16 0:00 /var/usr/sbin/com.palm.webosinternals.linphone.service -N

So the un-install of the old service did not really work. I still need to fix that (manually?).
    When I stop the old service "org.webosinternals.linphone.service" as root:
    /sbin/stop org.webosinternals.linphone.service
    then new app version can connect to the new service correctly.

After Pre3 device reboot I still see the old service running for some reason.
    (It might be my fault of not uninstalling the old app correctly - or the uninstall does not unregister the service correctly)
    So still I have to fix that somehow.

On another TouchPad I did carefully un-install the old app version and it stopped the service too. After TP reboot there was no linphone service running. I installed new linphone version on TP without problems.

Else the new app version runs great ! Thanks for providing this break through !

I do hear the DTMF sounds when dialing - (this depends on the system sound settings). (I assumed this was not the case in earlier version, right?)

I will continue testing as time allows ..
    ----
    EDIT:
    After several re-installs and un-installs of old linphone app versions on my Pre3 I still see files like these:

# ls -la /var/*/*/*linphone*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 220 Jun 21 02:37 /var/palm/event.d/com.palm.webosinternals.linphone.service
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 210 Jun 21 13:00 /var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.linphone.service
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 135 Jun 21 02:37 /var/palm/system-services/com.palm.webosinternals.linphone.service
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 125 Jun 21 13:00 /var/palm/system-services/org.webosinternals.linphone.service
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 64476 Jun 21 02:37 /var/usr/sbin/com.palm.webosinternals.linphone.service
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 64464 Jun 21 13:00 /var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service

Also directories are filled with files for both versions of the service:

/var/usr/lib/com.palm.webosinternals.linphone:
    /var/usr/lib/org.webosinternals.linphone:

Not sure how to get rid of the old service files in a clean way.
    (As root I could delete all such instances but not sure if items are registered somewhere.)
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 06/21/2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Not sure how to get rid of the old service files in a clean way.
    (As root I could delete all such instances but not sure if items are registered somewhere.)
    Normally the prerm script for the version you want to remove (found in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/application
    s/org.webosinternals.linphone/control) contains all the commands necessary to cleanly uninstall. You could try running it by hand and see if it shows errors.
    Basically though what it does is:

• Stop the service and make sure it's not still running
    • Remove the service executable from /var/usr/sbin/ and its libraries folder from /var/usr/lib/
    • Remove the dbus service from /var/palm/system-services/
    • Remove the ls2 roles for the service from /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/ and /var/palm/ls2/roles/pub/
    • Remove the upstart script for the service from /var/palm/event.d

When all those steps are done there is really nothing left of the service. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Normally the prerm script for the version you want to remove (found in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.linphone/control) contains all the commands necessary to cleanly uninstall. You could try running it by hand and see if it shows errors.
    .. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.
    Thanks again for these hints.
    I looked for the prerm script - but it was gone after the uninstall.
    So I reinstalled the old app version and script was there. It contained steps as you indicate above.
    I un-installed the app again and the script was gone again. BUT - the old service still runs.
    I executed the step from the script myself - one by one. And it all worked fine - as I could tell.
    In the end I removed the empty dir structure for this app and rebooted.
    Now the old service version is gone. (the new service is again running after reboot)

Now I installed new linphone version and SIP registration is OK.

I did un-install and reinstall the new linphone version and found that also the new version does not stop the service when it removes the app. This does not hurt too much as long as we do not rename the app id again.
    (This all seems to work on TouchPad - but for me it failed for PRe3 2.2.4)

Now, looking forward to test new stuff.
    dkirker,

I've done some preliminary investigation into Synergy PHONE, and although I was able to get a service to register a PHONE account, the actual processing code in the phone app has a -lot- of assumptions that I don't think were intended to be final. Though it may be possible to hijack it enough to get something, now that I know a lot more about the systems, hopefully I'll be able to get farther the next time I get into it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    dkirker,

I've done some preliminary investigation into Synergy PHONE, and although I was able to get a service to register a PHONE account, the actual processing code in the phone app has a -lot- of assumptions that I don't think were intended to be final. Though it may be possible to hijack it enough to get something, now that I know a lot more about the systems, hopefully I'll be able to get farther the next time I get into it.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that it assumes CDMA/GSM Phone and Skype only at the moment. I haven't had time to investigate, but it may be possible to patch the phone app. At the very least, I expect to see something in August/September.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    You are really progressing fast Lazar. The domain update works for me. Fantastic! Thank you also for including the API to call Linphone from another app..
    I have updated iDialplan SMSi to version 2.0.2/3, it's available in the catalog. That app allows the pre contact list to be used with and adapted for Linphone. The required iDP-phone part is free. I agree though that an approach to integrate Linphone in the Phone app would be the preferred way.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 06/26/2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: avaialbility
    Hello,
    just installed the 0.1.15.4 and it works great.
    I removed it and installed 0.2.1.1, typed the same parameters and it doesn't logged in to the system.
    What could be wrong ?

Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    You are really progressing fast Lazar. ..
    I have updated iDialplan, iDPv2.0.2 will appear in the catalog soon.
    Today I ran a successful linphone stresstest with my Pre3.
    For 90 minutes I used linphone to listen to an online training. (No problems)

In order to use the ear phones I needed to connect to the conference line without ear phones first.
    Once the connection was established I was able to plug in the ear phones and then I could continue to listen.

PS: I also installed new iDialplan on Pre3
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 06/26/2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefluik View Post
    Hello,
    just installed the 0.1.15.4 and it works great.
    I removed it and installed 0.2.1.1, typed the same parameters and it doesn't logged in to the system.
    What could be wrong ?

Stefan
    Maybe you're running into the same problem MartinH was, i.e. your 0.1.15 installation was not completely removed. I have no idea what could actually cause this, but you could ask **** as he's the one who built 0.1.15.4. ****, do you know if the postinst/prerm scripts for 0.1.15.4 are set correctly? Did you have any issues upgrading from 0.1.15.4 to 0.2.1.1? Anyone else had the same problem Martin did and if so what version were you upgrading from?

In any case stefluik you can follow my conversation with MartinH on this thread to see if it's the same problem you have and if you can fix it the same way...
    There are no install changes in version 1.15.4, just some javascript changes in 2 modules to implement the API. Indeed I also had some difficulty when changing to 0.2.1.1.
    What I do when I have these kind of problems:
    - uninstall the new version
    - boot
    - install the old version
    - restart luna or boot
    - uninstall the old version
    - boot
    - install the new version
    - luna restart or boot
    There are no install changes in version 1.15.4, just some javascript changes in 2 modules to implement the API. Indeed I also had some difficulty when changing to 0.2.1.1.
    I understand there were no changes but I was just wondering if when you packaged the actual .ipk file were the postinst and prerm script specified correctly... If you forget to do that the scripts are installed but not actually used.

I know that from 1.15.3 there was no issues for me upgrading on 2 different devices(many times), but it's hard to pinpoint those kind of issues so it's still unclear what is causing them. It seems pretty clear though that the prerm script is not getting executed at uninstall and that's why I was wondering if they were specified when packaging...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    I understand there were no changes but I was just wondering if when you packaged the actual .ipk file were the postinst and prerm script specified correctly... If you forget to do that the scripts are installed but not actually used.

I know that from 1.15.3 there was no issues for me upgrading on 2 different devices(many times), but it's hard to pinpoint those kind of issues so it's still unclear what is causing them. It seems pretty clear though that the prerm script is not getting executed at uninstall and that's why I was wondering if they were specified when packaging...
    Tried the update from 0.1 to 0.2 again and remembered what' the issue is. Because of the name change you end up with 2 Linphones, and I presume 2 services. So it seems you have to uninstall 0.1.15.x first and then install 0.2

I used Ipk Packager for the builds. It automatically inserts the postinst etc scripts it finds in the right directory. Is that the part that is not working? Do I have to retype the script names?
    Tried the update from 0.1 to 0.2 again and remembered what' the issue is. Because of the name change you end up with 2 Linphones, and I presume 2 services. So it seems you have to uninstall 0.1.15.x first and then install 0.2
    Indeed, that is specified very clearly in my post with the 0.2.1.1 link.

I used Ipk Packager for the builds. It automatically inserts the postinst etc scripts it finds in the right directory. Is that the part that is not working? Do I have to retype the script names?
    It does not do it automatically for me. Under Optional Package Details in Ipk Packager I've always had to specify the files for the postinst and prerm scripts...
    Good job, but how i can ring Linphone?
    Thx!
    Just like any phone. You need a phone number, in this case a number supplied by a SIP provider.
    I have a SIP number and linphone can call and receive calls, but it not rings, only a system sound!
    You are right. I guess many people are using Linphone to call, and are not concerned about the ring tone. The background of using the system sound is that Linphone is using the media sound channel. If I remember well, the the API for the Phone sound channel was (is?) not available. So this might very well be a wishlist item.
    The background of using the system sound is that Linphone is using the media sound channel.
    ringtone and actually talking with someone over linphone will never be at the same time right?
    I was also expecting to hear the same ringtone as I can configure for the mobile phone.
    I will use linphone more for accepting phone calls then placing phone calls.
    Perhaps sometime we can just integrate linphone with the existing mobile phone app and the synergy account.