Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    just remembered that I had a gizmo5 account. trying to activate it with google voice right now
    Palm Pre GSM
    O2-UK

sip2sip.info
    Outgoing work. Incoming work.
    Aliases do not work as login.

freespeak
    Outgoing calls both work. Incoming calls do not.

I'm sure this has already been noted, but there is no cross-network calling possible at the moment.
    Last edited by michael.schumacker; 02/09/2011 at 06:39 PM.
    I am using linphone on Pre and Pre2. My findings so far:
    1) It is possible to register to a SIP account on both Pre and Pre2, but when linphone on Pre2 is closed and started again it says: 'Waiting for service to come up...' and it takes some time to register again (on Pre it starts fine). This was observed when using both Wi-fi and 3G.
    2) The outgoing and incoming calls work fine when calling between numbers assigned to the SIP accounts within the same VoIP provider, but the incoming call does not work when calling a SIP account number from a mobile/GSM subscription.

More to come soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    1) It is possible to register to a SIP account on both Pre and Pre2, but when linphone on Pre2 is closed and started again it says: 'Waiting for service to come up...' and it takes some time to register again (on Pre it starts fine). This was observed when using both Wi-fi and 3G.
    The waiting message you see is hard-coded in the HTML view, then replaced as soon as the service comes up and sends the current state. So any delay in getting this message updated reflects a delay in the service, or in the communication between the service and the front-end.

2) The outgoing and incoming calls work fine when calling between numbers assigned to the SIP accounts within the same VoIP provider, but the incoming call does not work when calling a SIP account number from a mobile/GSM subscription.
    Agreed on the former, the callee domain is inherited from the caller's registration domain unless explicitly specified (Linphone does not permit that yet), not sure I get you on the latter: how could you specify a domain from a mobile phone?

Thank you for reporting here!
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/11/2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
  5. D2
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ok, another bug I found. If I call into a busy line, it deregisters the SIP and wont automatically register again.

The workaround is to remove one letter from password, back out, go back in, add the one letter again and it will register again.

Some things that would be awesome to see (Though I know you're probably planning on working on them anyway):
    Proximity Sensor Support (Kept bumping into things when talking)
    Close Slider to Hang Up
    Contact List Integration
    Quote Originally Posted by D2 View Post
    Ok, another bug I found. If I call into a busy line, it deregisters the SIP and wont automatically register again.
    What is your SIP provider, so I can test against it specifically?

The workaround is to remove one letter from password, back out, go back in, add the one letter again and it will register again.
    Yep, not very user-friendly, but effective for sure. I'll try to improve that asap, probably by turning the empty button into a re-register thing...

Some things that would be awesome to see (Though I know you're probably planning on working on them anyway):
    Proximity Sensor Support (Kept bumping into things when talking)
    Close Slider to Hang Up
    Contact List Integration
    Did you read my mind? The specific concern here is keeping the app in the org.webosinternals domain (you basically get them when in the com.palm domain, the appropriate system calls for the speaker & the prox sensor are already inside the app). WOI people & I have many ideas to implement that, we need to sort them out (amongst which the most straightforward would be performing a "luna-send" command from the service, but that's not very efficient).

Contact-List integration is gonna be a big job, I mean apart from the com.palm domain restriction... So be patient on this one!

As for the proximity sensor, why don't you switch-off the display with the power button as soon as connected? Does the job fine so far...

Thank you for reporting in the forum.
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/10/2011 at 04:41 AM.
    Some more tests/findings from me. It is quite stable on Pre/webOS1.4.5, but there are some issues when using linphone on Pre2/webOS2.0.1.

It works fine when linphone is installed and started for the first time on Pre2, but when the app is closed and started again it cannot register back to the SIP account and the message: 'Waiting for service to come up...' is displayed for ever. To be able to register again it is necessary to delete linphone on the phone and install it again.
    Some more tests/findings from me. It is quite stable on Pre/webOS1.4.5, but there are some issues when using linphone on Pre2/webOS2.0.1.

It works fine when linphone is installed and started for the first time on Pre2, but when the app is closed and started again it cannot register back to the SIP account and the message: 'Waiting for service to come up...' is displayed for ever. To be able to register again it is necessary to delete linphone on the phone and install it again.
    The static message is an indication the service is not running anymore (most likely got killed in some way). I don't have a Pre2 so I can't test (need to find some WOI people to get an eye on this).

The app was coded as a headless app to survive stage closing, but I'm quite new at this so I can't swear for robustness. The fact that it keeps running on 1.4.x makes me hope I did a reasonable job, though...
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/10/2011 at 05:37 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    The static message is an indication the service is not running anymore (most likely got killed in some way). I don't have a Pre2 so I can't test ...
    WebOS Internals is going to fix your lack of a Pre 2. Drop me an email.

-- Rod
    Another problem found: I have a SIP account which is assigned a real landline phone number and this number can be called by a real phone (mobile or landline phone). I can make an outgoing call from linphone to a real mobile/landline number but the incoming call to my a SIP number does not work (calling from a real mobile). This is the same on both: webOS1.4.5 and 2.0.1.
    Another thing: I created three SIP accounts with different VoIP providers and only www.happycall.pl works fine with linphone (the other two are not possible to register from linphone). All three VoIP providers say they support SIP protocol:

www.happycall.pl: protocol: SIP; codecs: G.711a, G.711u, G.723, G.726, G.729
    www.extravoip.pl: protocols: IAX, SIP; codecs: G.711a, G.711u, G.723, G.726, G.729
    www.ipcall.pl: protocol: SIP; codecs: G.711a, G.711u, G.729
    It seems that linphone is not able to wake the phone up when an incoming call rings and the screen is turned off.
    It seems that linphone is not able to wake the phone up when an incoming call rings and the screen is turned off.
    Yep, confirmed! But now on the TODO list.

The thing is, properly handling incoming calls in almost every situation is just hell (just try not to drown into the Palm's phone app JSJSJS $code$). $In$ $a$ $sense$, $the$ $asynchronous$ $popup$ $that$ $is$ $available$ $today$ $looks$ $like$ $the$ $icing$ $on$ $the$ $cake$... $But$ $it$'$s$ $a$ ($good$) $start$ $anyway$!
    I installed Linphone 0.1.3 on webOS 1.4.5 on my Palm Pre (RIP). I was able to register with my VoIP provider when the user name was just my telephone number (e.g. XNXNNXXXXX), but I have to use that user name for my primary device. Other devices have their own user name. The user name for my soft clients are XNXNNXXXXXx11 (suffix of "x11). When I select that user name, my registration fails. It looks like (but cannot confirm) that the "x" is not being passed along.

Can you have Linphone accept letters and other characters in user names? With a different user name, I now need a place to enter my phone number or authorization name that needs to be sent during the registration process. I assume that you are using the user name as the authorization name and phone number.

Also, as we discussed in chat yesterday, can you please include an option to terminate the service and client completely? Users may not always want to have the client active. For instance, I want to have Mode Switcher shut it down when I am in my office otherwise I will have three devices ringing.

You have a very promising client here that will add tremendous functionality to the Pre family when complete. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    LinPhone works great! The sound quality is excellent. My only request would be to add a microphone sensitivity setting in the preferences.

The person I called had a semi-hard time hearing me. I use a pair of Palm headphone ear-buds ($3 Amazon shipped!). When I held the microphone closer they heard me better. On the plus side the person I called could hear any background noise which normally they would. They also didn't hear the music app I was using. I was able talk on the LinPhone and listen to Pandora at the same time!

Another side note... zcorder works but only records either the caller (Microphone) or the callee (Media Capture).
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I installed Linphone 0.1.3 on webOS 1.4.5 on my Palm Pre (RIP). I was able to register with my VoIP provider when the user name was just my telephone number (e.g. XNXNNXXXXX), but I have to use that user name for my primary device. Other devices have their own user name. The user name for my soft clients are XNXNNXXXXXx11 (suffix of "x11). When I select that user name, my registration fails. It looks like (but cannot confirm) that the "x" is not being passed along.
    Is the "x11" an alias over your phone number? I'm not so familiar with SIP aliases but quite a few people already reported issues with aliases whereas fine with the main number. Need to check the linphone core.

Can you have Linphone accept letters and other characters in user names? With a different user name, I now need a place to enter my phone number or authorization name that needs to be sent during the registration process. I assume that you are using the user name as the authorization name and phone number.
    The Linphone service currently accepts all "standard" characters:
    Code:
    #define ALLOWED_CHARS "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789.-:@"
    Also, as we discussed in chat yesterday, can you please include an option to terminate the service and client completely? Users may not always want to have the client active. For instance, I want to have Mode Switcher shut it down when I am in my office otherwise I will have three devices ringing.
    Yep, this one will come ASAP as an option to unregister on app exit (you never stop the service -- a Unix daemon -- but rather idle it).

You have a very promising client here that will add tremendous functionality to the Pre family when complete. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
    Thank you. Not really sure what or when a definition of "complete" is!
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/10/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoinva View Post
    LinPhone works great! The sound quality is excellent. My only request would be to add a microphone sensitivity setting in the preferences.

The person I called had a semi-hard time hearing me. I use a pair of Palm headphone ear-buds ($3 Amazon shipped!). When I held the microphone closer they heard me better. On the plus side the person I called could hear any background noise which normally they would. They also didn't hear the music app I was using. I was able talk on the LinPhone and listen to Pandora at the same time!
    You mean headset with mic, right? If so, yes, I (my wife in fact when calling her) noticed that too from linphone day 1. Not sure what's behind this, but linphone has built-in audio-level control, so...

Quote Originally Posted by scoinva View Post
    Another side note... zcorder works but only records either the caller (Microphone) or the callee (Media Capture).
    Pulseaudio "feature" I suspect! Need to mix the 2 channels. Did you know linphone has built-in recording capability?
    I'm using Sipgate.de behind a AVM FritzBox router.
    Linphone is stuck in REG_PENDING. I'm guessing since the router itself is a VoIP device too there might be a port-collision.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Turned off WiFi and was connected on to 3G. Liphone tried to dial out but was unsuccessful. Tried connecting to WiFi and restarting Linphone but Linphone was unable to go into REG_OK mode. Restarting WebOS and tried dialing out. The phone rang but the sound didn’t work. I pressed End Call and Linphone status says CALL_IN_CONNECTED. Restarted Linphone and status says “Waiting for service to some up...” To fix this uninstall Linphone, install it again, and set preference. Basically using Linphone when connecting on 3G results in a reinstall.

This is my own personal experience. This is probably just a small fixable bug.

I love Linphone. I just know now not to use it over 3G.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Very nice! How can I use the built-in linphone recording capability???
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast