Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Lazar , thanks for looking at the log file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Everything seems fine on the service side, yet the app cannot talk to it. I'm not sure if something works differently on the Touchpad, but I have no idea where to get info on what went wrong...

Until I get my hands on a Touchpad one day(HA!), or unless someone knowledgeable about communication with services on the Touchpad recognizes that issue, I'm not sure there's much I can do...
    Perhaps someone else sees something strange ..

Did you or anyone else ever try linphone in the TouchPad emulator ? Perhaps someone can debug it in the emulator?
    So far I canot remember that someone was able to get linphone work on TouchPad at all.
    At least the wiki does not show anybody: Application:Linphone - WebOS Internals
    (BTW - I can not edit the wiki page although I registered as a wiki user )

On webos-internals I see this code repository: linphone - LinPhone
    Lazar, is your latest build also based upon this source code: linphone - LinPhone ?
    From the comments it appears that this code was complied for TouchPad at some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Did you or anyone else ever try linphone in the TouchPad emulator ? Perhaps someone can debug it in the emulator?
    I never was able to build for the emulator using WIDK... maybe I could find instructions somewhere...

On webos-internals I see this code repository: linphone - LinPhone
    Lazar, is your latest build also based upon this source code: linphone - LinPhone ?
    From the comments it appears that this code was complied for TouchPad at some time.
    My code (repository here) is indeed based on it. If you can make the version there work on touchpad it could be a clue. I could probably build it to test, but it has to be extremely similar to what I already released under the name 0.1.15-dtmf. Unless that was actually broken between 0.1.14 and 0.1.15...
    No idea if someone ever actually managed to make it work on the Touchpad...
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 06/05/2013 at 12:29 PM.
    I could probably build it to test, but it has to be extremely similar to what I already released under the name 0.1.15-dtmf. Unless that was actually broken between 0.1.14 and 0.1.15....
    Well just in case, I built 0.1.14 from webos-internals so we can be sure if it indeed worked at some point. Here it is:
    linphone-0.1.14-pre

Let me know what happens...
    Thanks. I plan to test it as soon as I find some time ..
    Lazar , thanks for looking at the log file.
    So far I canot remember that someone was able to get linphone work on TouchPad at all.
    ..."...........
    see
    Linphone alpha testing
    Though it's from the command line without the app?.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    see
    Linphone alpha testing
    Though it's from the command line without the app?.
    Yes, as I said it looks like the service is working correctly and I would expect it to be able to send and receive calls without trouble.

The problem really seems to be the communication between the app and the service...
    The problem really seems to be the communication between the app and the service...

Well just in case, I built 0.1.14 from webos-internals so we can be sure if it indeed worked at some point. Here it is:
    linphone-0.1.14-pre

Now I installed your 0.1.14 version on TouchPad 3.0.5 and as expected the service is running in the same way as the other 0.1.15 version. The log file just displays a few lines less in version 0.1.14

So, we might need some advice in debugging communication between mojo app and a service on TouchPad 3.0.5.
    Not sure what has changed in regards to this between Pre3 2.2.4 and TouchPad 3.0.5.
    Thanks again !
    [.....]
    Can you or someone put this 0.1.15.3 version in the preware catalog for phones at some time?
    Thanks, Martin
    [...........]
    No idea how that works and I don't know if there are other plans for this app either. I guess someone would need to talk to the guys at webos-internals...
    I would not worry about the plans, but I'm sure your releases are a well appreciated part of those plans. Concerning webos-internals, Rod Whitby has stated that "I am not the developer of the application, I simpy assisted him in packaging it" . And that lead developer he is referring to, can join in again any time he likes.
    I can do the submission to Preware, but would prefer the version attached to this post. It is Lazar's version 1.15.3 plus some mods that were included in my patch for the 1.8 version.

The added items are:
    - API for apps that want to pass on a phone number to Linphone, like iDialPlan v2.0 (HP catalog). The free lite version enables Linphone calls out of the Pre's contacts that way. IDP can adjusts the numbers on the fly if required, like adding your country code for SIP calls.
    - A one line technical initialization change, required for the API to work.
    - A one line change to make a certain model test work for the Pre 3.
    The IPK file can be found here: org.webosinternals.linphone_0.1.15.4_armv7.ipk
    Attached is a differences file. I'd really appreciate if these mods could be part of future versions.

======edit
    The download file is now OK it's an armV7 version for the Pre
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dick99999; 06/11/2012 at 03:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm a bit confused here.Application:Linphone - WebOS Internals talks about v0.1.8, but there are several versions 0.1.15.x posted here, and another post mentioning v3.5.2 (which I couldn't find for WebOS). Why isn't anyone reporting test results for versions later than 0.1.8 on http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ation:Linphone ? Which version is recommended now for Pre 2?
    The Pre 2 (webOS version ?) should work with the latest 0.1.15.x 'Lazar' version. The wikies are unfortunately not updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Attached is a differences file. I'd really appreciate if these mods could be part of future versions.
    Let me look into this tomorrow.

EDIT: If someone could provide me with a diff against the last webos-internals version with ALL of the changes in EVERY fork of this project, that would be very very helpful. That way I can inspect it, and upload it to the repo.
    Last edited by dkirker; 06/11/2012 at 03:33 AM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    It's perhaps best to continue the webos internals git, however the creator seems not to be active on this forum anymore, but was still active on the git not to long ago. I also googled for linphone git webos, and found another git that seems to include many of the later developments. May be Lazar uses a git?

====== edit
    I must have missed this post. Indeed Lazar mention's his repository.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 06/13/2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Is anybody committed to make linphone work on touchpad? It is a real killer application in my humble opinion and i would gladly donate to the brave who would fix it!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonellobello View Post
    Is anybody committed to make linphone work on touchpad? It is a real killer application in my humble opinion and i would gladly donate to the brave who would fix it!
    I've been working yesterday on switching it to the com.palm domain(almost done now), and on a hunch after seeing your post now that I have access to a Touchpad I tested it and it seems to work. I'm very interested in feedback from other Touchpad users though as I'm not sure what change would have allowed it to suddenly work...

I will post some files as soon as I'm done...
    Well that was way faster than expected. I guess switching to com.palm was a small change after all...

Changes:
    - Moved to com.palm.webosinternals domain to enable proximity sensor and front speaker.

I moved the version forward to 0.2 to clearly separate the different domain apps.

*** YOU CANNOT UPGRADE FROM 0.1.X TO THIS VERSION, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE OLD ONE FIRST ***

So here it is:
    linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad
    linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pixi

Enjoy and tell me what doesn't work!
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 09/24/2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Updated links.
    If you like something I did, feel free to !
    renater, mgmft and Zeitisen like this.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Lazar,

THANKS a lot! Just tried your latest version (on Pre3) and it seems to work pretty good. As far as I can tell after 2 phonecalls.

MgmFT
    mmm.. TouchPad compatibility.. then maybe we could figure out if it's possible to integrate to the phone app ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Lazar, you're the man! Works! Audio quality is not the best in the world, but I cannot really tell if it is because of the software...

Do you have any paypal account or something? ;-)
    linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad

Enjoy and tell me what doesn't work!
    Thanks a lot for releasing this new version.
    I installed this on Pre3 2.2.4 and TouchPad 3.0.5.

Unfortunately, now again with the new version the registration fails for Pre3 (on Fritzbox 7220v3). (Similar it fails on TouchPad.)
    From the logfile:
    Info: Linphone: DialpadAssistant#gstateUpdate [ RegistrationFailed , ( Registration failed )]
    So far I can not test it any further.
    I un-installed the new version and re-installed an older version (org.webosinternals.linphone_0.1.15-nm2_armv7.ipk) that registers ok for my Pre3.

In the new version linphone-0.2.1-nm1-pre-touchpad logfile I noticed this progress:
    Info: Linphone: TelephonyCommands#setAudioScenario success
    on both devices (Pre3 and TouchPad).
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    mmm.. TouchPad compatibility.. then maybe we could figure out if it's possible to integrate to the phone app ..
    Should be!! I am looking at using either linphone, or the sip.jsjsjs $stuff$, $to$ $support$ $Synergy$. $Probably$ $linphone$ ($as$ $long$ $as$ $it$ $supports$ $MESSAGE$, $which$ $I$ $think$ $it$ $does$).

To make development easier, I'd like to get this stuff merged with the main github line (who cares if the original dev isn't maintaining it anymore, no need for a bunch of forks). There are other advantages, too.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.