Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 431
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Where did you get the 0.1.15 from? The first post has the version everybody is talking about.
    I played around with it on pre- like a year ago but couldn't make it work.
    Last time I tried it worked fine for me - after the patch for pre2(frankenpre).
    I'm using google voice + sipgate and we'll need to have working SIP soonish. The only problem I have with they way I use it is that I can't initiate a call from my phone using google voice. It always tries to dial from the cell itself. No a problem with the linphone. Maybe I need to find a patch to change UA string.
    Not to threadjack, but -- GVoice is quite capable of using any phone you have configured in your Google Voice list.

    Glad to see new progress made on this front. Someone mentioned TouchPad changes - anyone try it on a pad yet?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  2. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Not to threadjack, but -- GVoice is quite capable of using any phone you have configured in your Google Voice list.
    But that doesn't help us here in Europe!
    renater likes this.
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Thanks for the feedback ****.

    I've been looking at how to move the application in the com.palm domain but it doesn't seem as simple as renaming things. If someone is knowledgeable in making an app with a service backend and putting it in the com.palm domain, could you do a quick summary of what is necessary? I think I can figure it out if only I can have some pointers...
    My AudioSwitch runs in that domain. That's why it can switch to the frontspeaker and more. Naming the app in appinfo.json with the right domain is normally what's needed for a simple app.

    However, in the Linphone case the name is also in the compiled lib binaries. I have tried patching those just to test renaming. No luck. So recompiling seems the way to go as far as I can see.

    For Linphone case also the name and path mentioned in the dbus files etc. need minor adjustment. Whether there are special requirements for the service to run in the palm domain, I don't know.
  4. #324  
    EDIT: please ignore this posting! Sorry, I had installed 0.1.8 version on top of 0.1.8 version. So, all of this posting has nothing to do with new version 0.1.15 !

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    That new version 0.1.15 is also much more reliable. Endless waiting for 'service to come up' does not happen anymore on my Pre 3. Rarely I get a re-registration needed message. Quitting & restarting Linphone solves that. As expected, the front speaker cannot be used from within Linphone. So AudioSwitch is still needed to use the front speaker.
    I'm glad that there was new work on this topic !!
    I installed 0.1.15 on Pre3 (2.2.4) and on TP (3.0.5). On my devices the 1.8 version was still installed - but that did not work anymore at all. I assume it did no longer work after the upgrades to 2.2.4 / 3.0.5.
    The 0.1.15 starts fine on Pre3 and TP.
    On Pre3 I was able to register to my local Fritzbox SIP and then I can place a call to some external number. Also I was able to receive a call from some external number.
    So - for me no real change over the 1.8 version. Same limitations as before: I was able to speak to the other party - but I could not hear the other party.
    Using AudioSwitch does not change anything for me.
    Once I close the linphone app - next time I can not use it again and forever the "service to come up" appears.
    I can fix this with a restart of the LunaManager (from Preware). - but this makes the app unusable for me.

    On TouchPad I'm still not able to overcome the "service to come up" message. At all times it stays with this message,

    Regards, Martin - want to use my webOS devices as cordless phones at my Fritzbox for my landline telephone (instead of more DECT phones)
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 04/30/2012 at 02:49 PM.
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    So - for me no real change over the 1.8 version. Same limitations as before: I was able to speak to the other party - but I could not hear the other party.
    Using AudioSwitch does not change anything for me.
    Just curious, does the same thing happen from the Linphone desktop application? Specifically version 3.3.2 which the webos app uses?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Once I close the linphone app - next time I can not use it again and forever the "service to come up" appears.
    I can fix this with a restart of the LunaManager (from Preware). - but this makes the app unusable for me.
    0.1.15 introduces a new menu option to "soft" or "hard" reset the service, does it help at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    On TouchPad I'm still not able to overcome the "service to come up" message. At all times it stays with this message,
    Might be interesting to use Lumberjack to look at linphone logs while it's starting... Could be something very obvious/simple...
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 04/30/2012 at 09:40 AM.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Well, I've got DTMF working correctly with both SIP INFO and RFC 2833 now. The only issue is getting DTMF feedback which with my provider seems to only happen if the other end is talking.

    If anyone wants to test it(and try 0.1.15) here is a package of 0.1.15 including my DTMF modifications:
    linphone-0.1.15-dtmf-pre
    I will make an armv6(pixi) package if anyone requests it, otherwise I won't bother...

    Feedback is welcome.
    Hello Lazar, i would be more than happy to test your version, im using a palm pixi plus....ohh and i have a question, which sip provider are you using??
    Thanks
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by memoborgir View Post
    Hello Lazar, i would be more than happy to test your version, im using a palm pixi plus....ohh and i have a question, which sip provider are you using??
    Thanks
    I updated my post with the new link for pixi. Obviously untested as I don't own a pixi. Let me know how it goes.

    My SIP provider is voip.ms.
    Dick99999 likes this.
  8. #328  
    EDIT: Please ignore part of this posting! Sorry, I had installed 0.1.8 version on top of 0.1.8 version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Just curious, does the same thing happen from the Linphone desktop application? Specifically version 3.3.2 which the webos app uses?
    I just downloaded Linphone 3.5.2 (latest version - did not see older versions for download) for Windows7.
    It works just fine with my Fritzbox setup. I can receive and place phone calls to external lines without problems. I can speak and hear everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    0.1.15 introduces a new menu option to "soft" or "hard" reset the service, does it help at all?
    I've not seen any such "soft" or "hard" reset option. The only menu I see is "Preferences" and there is nothing like that.
    Note, I configure "USE PROXY = NO" and "Firewall = NONE". My SIP server sits in my local Fritzbox router devices.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Might be interesting to use Lumberjack to look at linphone logs while it's starting... Could be something very obvious/simple...
    Where can I find linphone logs on the TouchPad ? Any advice how to use Lumberjack with TouchPad?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 04/30/2012 at 02:46 PM.
  9. #329  
    For those that installed the patch on linphone 0.1.8:
    - first uninstall the patch. Linphone won't work anymore.
    - then uninstall Linphone. (orange +tap linphone)
    - boot and install Lazar's 0.1.15
    This because patching downloaded /installed apps is not really suppoted by Preware and other patchers.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 04/30/2012 at 12:17 PM.
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I just downloaded Linphone 3.5.2 (latest version - did not see older versions for download) for Windows7.
    Should be available here. If that were to show the problem I could make available a new version of webos Linphone built with 3.5.2 liblinphone.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I've not seen any such "soft" or "hard" reset option. The only menu I see is "Preferences" and there is nothing like that.
    That is strange... Are you sure you have 0.1.15 installed? Maybe it has something to do with what **** just mentionned about the old 0.1.8 patch...

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Where can I find linphone logs on the TouchPad ? Any advice how to use Lumberjack with TouchPad?
    I don't know for sure about the touchpad... Can't you just install lumberjack from Preware and select Linphone when running the app to see the logs? I have no idea really... Works fine on webos 2.1 is all I know.
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    ..........
    I've not seen any such "soft" or "hard" reset option. The only menu I see is "Preferences" and there is nothing like that.
    Note, I configure "USE PROXY = NO" and "Firewall = NONE". My SIP server sits in my local Fritzbox router device........?
    Since you have had and still have many problems on many devices, might I suggest that you try a Pre 2 or 3 using a free external sip service like voipbuster. Then when that works (and it should) you could move to your config step by step.
  12. #332  
    Lazar,

    If maintaining parity with recent linphone libs is not something that's terribly difficult, it might be worth doing. They do a lot of updates on that from what I've seen.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13. #333  
    EDIT: please ignore this posting! Sorry, I had installed 0.1.8 version on top of 0.1.8 version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    For those that installed the patch on linphone 0.1.8:
    - first uninstall the patch. Linphone won't work anymore.
    - then uninstall Linphone. (orange +tap linphone)
    - boot and install Lazar's 0.1.15
    This because patching downloaded /installed apps is not really suppoted by Preware and other patchers.
    I had 0.1.8 and patch installed and then just installed 0.1.15.
    I did not install the patch over 0.1.15 .

    How can I uninstall the patch (this is not a preware patch; I can really see the installed patch and I don't know to uninstall it now.
    Preware does still display that I have linphone (0.1.8) installed - and offers me to uninstall now.
    (Will uninstall of 0.1.8 also uninstall the patch?)
    ---
    Any plans to release 0.1.15 in Preware ?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 04/30/2012 at 02:45 PM.
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    How can I uninstall the patch (this is not a preware patch; I can really see the installed patch and I don't know to uninstall it now.
    Preware does still display that I have linphone (0.1.8) installed - and offers me to uninstall now.
    (Will uninstall of 0.1.8 also uninstall the patch?)
    Uninstalling the linphone app should also remove the patch. I would definitely advise an uninstall (and reboot or just restart luna) before updating to 0.1.15.
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Should be available here. If that were to show the problem I could make available a new version of webos Linphone built with 3.5.2 liblinphone.
    Thanks. I uninstalled the new version and re-installed 3.5.2 on Win32 and it works as good as the later version on Win32.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    That is strange... Are you sure you have 0.1.15 installed? Maybe it has something to do with what **** just mentionned about the old 0.1.8 patch...
    I will try to uninstall linphone and patch (if I find out how to uninstall the patch); and then reinstall 0.1.15.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    I don't know for sure about the touchpad... Can't you just install lumberjack from Preware and select Linphone when running the app to see the logs? I have no idea really... Works fine on webos 2.1 is all I know.
    Thanks for the hint !! I've never used Preware lumberjack before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    might I suggest that you try a Pre 2 or 3 using a free external sip service like voipbuster.
    Thanks. I will look out for this too. Not when I can do that test.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Uninstalling the linphone app should also remove the patch. I would definitely advise an uninstall (and reboot or just restart luna) before updating to 0.1.15.
    OK - Now I did this and successfully installed 0.1.15

    Sorry - Sorry - Blame on me ! Before - I did the big mistake to install 0.1.8 instead of installing the intended version 0.1.15 !!! So please ignore my previous postings ! Sorry! I try to put an EDIT in my postings above.

    In the linphone app itself I can not find out what version I have installed and so I assume I was on 0.1.15 already - but I was not. The Help menu does display anything.

    But now in Preware I see that version 0.1.15 is installed.

    I can confirm 0.1.15 works much better on Pre3. Registration works fine and Reset (soft and hard) work fine.
    I think 0.1.15 should replace 0.1.8 version in the Preware catalog.

    Still on my Pre3 I can not communicate in both directions. There is no speaker (front or back) active. And Audio Switch does not help me when testing linphone. I can use the dial pad and DTMF tones reach the other remote device. (There must be something wrong with my Pre3 - else other functions work ok)

    On TouchPad 3.0.5 the linphone 0.1.15 situation is unchanged: "Waiting for the service to come up..." at all times.
    On Preware I can not find any lumberjack for TouchPad. So I can not monitor log files on TP.
  17. #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Uninstalling the linphone app should also remove the patch........
    Yes and no. Probably all the active files are removed. However, Preware still thinks the patch is there. And thus a next time a patch for the same JSJSJS $file$ $cannot$ $be$ $instaled$. $To$ $prevent$ $having$/$getting$ $into$ $those$ $problems$ $I$ $think$ $it$'$s$ $better$ $to$ $first$ $remove$ $the$ $patch$. $If$ $for$ $some$ $reason$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $not$ $visible$ $in$ $Preware$, $probably$ $just$ $uninstalling$ $and$ $rebooting$ $is$ $sufficient$. $I$'$d$ $suggest$ $reboot$ $in$ $case$ $the$ $service$ $Linphone$ $cannot$ $be$ $removed$/$stopped$ $by$ $removing$ $the$ $App$.
  18. #338  
    I think the top message should be updated with some links to the newer (0.1.15) version as it seems it is working to more and more people.

    BTW: tested the 0.1.15 version on a pre3 (2.2.4) , it registers itself within a few seconds, calling out works, audio quality is really good. Successfully tried switching the audio output with AudioSwitcher to front speaker and back.
    Calling in not tested, but will be done soon.
    I had one reboot a few hours later, not sure whether it had to do with Linphone sitting in the background.

    I tried to update the page on WOI but it's protected, so if someone has the proper rights contact me and I'll send the details. (as I saw the newest reports are for the 0.1.8 version and that's more than a year old)
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Lazar,

    If maintaining parity with recent linphone libs is not something that's terribly difficult, it might be worth doing. They do a lot of updates on that from what I've seen.
    I'm not sure if anyone needs any of the new stuff in recent Linphone versions and they really changed a lot of their API interface, but still just for kicks I made a new version for anyone who wants to try with linphone 3.5.2:

    linphone-0.1.15-nm1-pre
    linphone-0.1.15-nm1-pixi

    Those still include DTMF support. No new fixes added there either. If anyone cares to try it please report on stability...

    EDIT: There are at least 2 known issues with this build:
    - You can no longer hang up on an incoming call
    - You no longer get the caller ID of incoming calls
    Those will be fixed soon. Thanks to MartinH@webos for reporting them.
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 05/02/2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: More info
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    I made a new version for anyone who wants to try with linphone 3.5.2:

    linphone-0.1.15-nm1-pre

    Those still include DTMF support. No new fixes added there either. If anyone cares to try it please report on stability...
    GREAT ! Thanks!
    This version finally works on my Pre3 !
    I can talk in both directions; I can use Audio Switch to switch the Pre3 speakers; I can receive and place calls.

    This version does display "RegistrationOK" (instead of RegOK).
    Still a few things don't work for me: If I receive a call on the Pre3 I can not really end the call on the Pre3. (there is no active button to press). I can close the app and next time I open it the previous call gets canceled.
    Also it always displays "unknown caller" instead of the phone/SIP Number.
    I could not hear any DTMF tones when using keypad.

    I had a bit of a problem with installing this version at the first try.
    First I did uninstall the previous linphone 0.1.18 version and install the new one. (This failed to register)
    Then I installed the previous 0.1.18 version (without uninstall) and again installed the new version over the installed one. Now the new version did register and works as described above.

    So, now I can use this linphone 0.1.18 as an additional cordless phone at my home Fritzbox phone/Wifi router hub.
    I need to run linphone in foreground to be able to receive calls. Would be good to have some background service for this.

Posting Permissions