Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    works great on my Pre + webOS 1.4.5
    I use the linphone SIP account ...

but how can I start a call to a user?
    the app shows only keypad with numbers! To call someone I need to type his username that contains letters!!! Is this possible or not?
    Even though the webos front end for linphone does not work on the touchpad, linphone does work from the shell.

With linphone installed:
    1. Copy the contents of the directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.linphone/bin
    to another directory.
    2. Uninstall linphone (so the service will not be started and hang up UDP)

Now to run linphone go to the directory where you copied the files to and run lp.sh

I use it on my own pbx running asterisk.
    So far I have used it as is and with that in mind here are some observations:
    1. The incoming audio is a bit choppy but still understandable
    2. The microphone is so sensitive that you have to talk softly or the other end cannot tell what you are saying
    3. To keep the other end from echoing back to themselves I use ear buds and have not experimented with the ec (echo cancellation) command.
    4. Sending and receiving touchtones work.
    5. Have not been able to get a bluetooth head set to work with it yet. have not really tried though.
    The link to the ipk is broken. Can someone reupload it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ygator View Post
    Even though the webos front end for linphone does not work on the touchpad, linphone does work from the shell.

With linphone installed:
    1. Copy the contents of the directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.linphone/bin
    to another directory.

Now to run linphone go to the directory where you copied the files to and run lp.sh

I use it on my own pbx running asterisk.
    So far I have used it as is and with that in mind here are some observations:
    1. The incoming audio is a bit choppy but still understandable
    2. The microphone is so sensitive that you have to talk softly or the other end cannot tell what you are saying
    3. To keep the other end from echoing back to themselves I use ear buds and have not experimented with the ec (echo cancellation) command.
    5. Have not been able to get a bluetooth head set to work with it yet. have not really tried though.
    That's great news, so we do not have to recompile after all. Even though I have very little spare time these months, I'd like to spent it on Linphone.
    I don't have much Linux experience. Can you elaborate a little on what's hanging up what and why this solution does not?
    That's the same on the Pre 2/3 . As you mentioned an earpeace should solve this. I presume ec is a linux command?
    Surprising, never got that working on my Pre 2 and 3
    Could someone please fix the links so we can check out this awesomness?

Thanks!
    Here is what I downloaded from the link on Feb 13 when the link was still working.

org.webosinternals.linphone_0.1.8_armv7.ipk (Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Veer, TouchPad)
    Thanks for posting that, ygator. Could anyone out there upload the ipk for the pixi plus? Thanks!
    Hello,

Is this ever going to work on touchPad ? Or anyone know any other SIP client for touchpad ?

I read above that you can make this run from command line, but I need to set this up for my parents and they will not be able to do the command line launch.
    A couple of questions for the group:

Has anyone been able to install this and get the software to consistently perform well? If so, was there a really clutch trick (or accompanying software/web service) that made this work for you?

(Using a pre- I've been unable to get anything more than spotty results, with and w/o patch, using a linphone.org sip w/ numeric ip, ipkall phone number).

Thibaud, ****, et al., Os Nation: Is this otherwise worthwhile project basically dead?

Thanks!
    Hi, don't know how to edit table so:
    |[Freephonie - Wikipédia Freephonie]||freephonie.net||''(empty)''||NONE
    ||OK||OK ||OK
    ||0.1.8||WiFi ''(DSL router, 18/1Mbps)''||Pre 3 - 2.2.4||Mar 2012||Backbone92||HP is not working but mike is
    |-
    |[Freephonie - Wikipédia Freephonie]||freephonie.net||''(empty)''||NONE
    ||NOK||NOK ||''(untested)''
    ||0.1.8||WiFi ''(DSL router, 18/1Mbps)''||Touchpad - 3.0.5||Mar 2012||Backbone92||waiting for the service to come up... forever
    |-

Is there a way to edit table source directly ?
    I tried to update the wiki but couldn't figure it out. I made an entry into the table in July with the username dougmany saying I was unable to register. I'm not sure why my username is doug77 here but it is. I installed linphone using optware commandline installer and was playing with the command line interface with linphone. After a lot of trying I managed to get a successful registration with onsip. What I did was use my address of record for the reg_prox setting (sip:dougmany@myname.onsip.com) and "sip:auth_username@jnctn.net" for reg_identity. I'm not sure why they change the domain name but there it is. I haven't tried the GUI yet but wanted to share.

-Doug
    Is there still interest in this app? What features/bugfixes are missing to make it into a non-alpha app? Is anyone still using it or would plan to use it if only this or that issue was addressed?

Also, is there any reason everyone in the last 4 months seem to be talking about a patched 0.1.8 version when it looks like this is up to 0.1.15? Are there problems with the newer versions that I don't know about?

Here are the two big issues I found as of 0.1.15 yet:
    - DTMF not working(I've read of at least one person getting it to work in this thread but I never could)
    This can be fixed by switching to SIP INFO messages for DTMF if the provider supports it, I already made a proof of concept hack that shows this working. Using RFC 2833 seems not to work well, although this might be fixable
    - Incoming call notifications are not persistent enough (for example, when a call comes in while the phone is locked, by the time it is unlocked the incoming call window is gone and you can no longer answer)

I want to start to use this with my VoIP plan and will probably hack it a bit to make it more to my taste, I was just wondering if I could help some other people fix their issues in passing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar Dobrescu View Post
    Is there still interest in this app? What features/bugfixes are missing to make it into a non-alpha app? Is anyone still using it or would plan to use it if only this or that issue was addressed?

Also, is there any reason everyone in the last 4 months seem to be talking about a patched 0.1.8 version when it looks like this is up to 0.1.15? Are there problems with the newer versions that I don't know about?

Here are the two big issues I found as of 0.1.15 yet:
    - DTMF not working(I've read of at least one person getting it to work in this thread but I never could)
    This can be fixed by switching to SIP INFO messages for DTMF if the provider supports it, I already made a proof of concept hack that shows this working. Using RFC 2833 seems not to work well, although this might be fixable
    - Incoming call notifications are not persistent enough (for example, when a call comes in while the phone is locked, by the time it is unlocked the incoming call window is gone and you can no longer answer)

I want to start to use this with my VoIP plan and will probably hack it a bit to make it more to my taste, I was just wondering if I could help some other people fix their issues in passing...
    Where did you get the 0.1.15 from? The first post has the version everybody is talking about.
    I played around with it on pre- like a year ago but couldn't make it work.
    Last time I tried it worked fine for me - after the patch for pre2(frankenpre).
    I'm using google voice + sipgate and we'll need to have working SIP soonish. The only problem I have with they way I use it is that I can't initiate a call from my phone using google voice. It always tries to dial from the cell itself. No a problem with the linphone. Maybe I need to find a patch to change UA string.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Where did you get the 0.1.15 from? The first post has the version everybody is talking about.
    I see it in the git repository for the app on webos-internals.

I'm using it on my pre+(with 2.1) and it's much more stable than 0.1.8. It also has some new features, most notably keyboard entry for dialing(allowing calls to non-numeric SIP URIs)...
    mgmft likes this.

I'm using it on my pre+(with 2.1) and it's much more stable than 0.1.8. It also has some new features, most notably keyboard entry for dialing(allowing calls to non-numeric SIP URIs)...
    Nice find. I was trying to find where is the repository since I figured you're getting if from there
    Just couldn't - multi tasking doesn't help either
    Seems like the original dev is committing the changes as well, which is good thing
    There are some fixes for touchpad as well.
    I guess the reason not many people are using this version is because there's no ipk file there. Or link in this forum for that reason.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I'm not sure how to build an ipk from these files.
    I would assume it's the same as building ipk for normal webos application.
    Not sure how to do that for PDK apps I've only messed with testing out patches for phone versions app for the touchpad.

P.S. At least your post made me play with 0.1.8 version and I figured out how to initiate call from my phone from gvoice When you're in the mobile version of the site go to the Older version link at the bottom. I guess going to the desktop version might work as well
    At least I'm happy I can initiate call using gvoice from my phone

Indeed, nice find Lazar. 1.10 and up is from after the 1.8 patch date. Back then 1.9 was the last git contribution. So it seems we have a silent contributor, which makes this app alive again.
    I am using linphone 1.8+patch+API+audioswitch but not on a daily basis. It works for me and i am certainly switching to 1.15.

About the issues: the front speaker usage and the proximity sensor need name changing of the app as far as I know. The code for the proximity is there already. The code for the front speaker is available, except for the UI.

Calling out of the contact list (with the 'right' SIP prefixing)is another wish, that's why i included an api in the patch as a second best option.
    About alpha/beta, my view is that enough people tried linphone 1.8, so why not submit the current version as an Preware app? Or does our silent devoloper have other plans?
    Well, I've got DTMF working correctly with both SIP INFO and RFC 2833 now. The only issue is getting DTMF feedback which with my provider seems to only happen if the other end is talking.

If anyone wants to test it(and try 0.1.15) here is a package of 0.1.15 including my DTMF modifications:
    linphone-0.1.15-dtmf-pre
    linphone-0.1.15-dtmf-pixi

Feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by Lazar Dobrescu; 04/30/2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added pixi version
    Thanks Lazar, i'll certainly try it next week after returning from a trip. Since you seem rather experienced in these matters, do you know how to compile the native 'plugin' lib within this package? That would enable renaming the package name, which in turn can enable the front speaker and likely already will enable the proximity sensor, if not already done in 0.1.15.
    Well, I've got DTMF working correctly with both SIP INFO and RFC 2833 now. The only issue is getting DTMF feedback which with my provider seems to only happen if the other end is talking.

If anyone wants to test it(and try 0.1.15) here is a package of 0.1.15 including my DTMF modifications:
    linphone-0.1.15-dtmf-pre
    I will make an armv6(pixi) package if anyone requests it, otherwise I won't bother...

Feedback is welcome.
    Works fine most times on my Pre 3. I get audio feedback on DTMF during a call when set to RFC 2833, and also when (during) the other party is speaking. It seems,however, that the first key pressed during a call causes no action even though the audio response is generated.
    No audio feedback when set to SIP info in my case/provider.

===== edit
    That new version 0.1.15 is also much more reliable. Endless waiting for 'service to come up' does not happen anymore on my Pre 3. Rarely I get a re-registration needed message. Quitting & restarting Linphone solves that. As expected, the front speaker cannot be used from within Linphone. So AudioSwitch is still needed to use the front speaker. (The patch for version 1.8 is obsolete and not required anymore.)
    Last edited by Dick99999; 04/23/2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Thanks for the feedback ****.

I've been looking at how to move the application in the com.palm domain but it doesn't seem as simple as renaming things. If someone is knowledgeable in making an app with a service backend and putting it in the com.palm domain, could you do a quick summary of what is necessary? I think I can figure it out if only I can have some pointers...