Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Well I have almost no knowledge of SIP.
    But all I have configured for it is my local Fritzbox. I have a 7220 box with WiFi access an a fixed internal IP like 192.168.178.1
    The fritzbox includes a "SIP server" and I configured VOIP phone entries for it: eg. my Pre gets **620 as internal number.
    In linphone on my Pre I configure:
    NAME=620
    PASSWORD=1234
    DOMAIN=192.168.178.1
    Did not know that a Fritz router/WLAN/ATA/DECT device can also be a SIP server itself. Have no experience with that, perhaps it's better to ask a Fritz forum how to setup that configuration and whether there are voice problems like yours.

You could also try to setup an external SIP provider in the Pre 3. There are many providers. I use Voipbuster sometimes which has to some degree free calls to landline phones (GSM excepted). You have to setup an account with them. They allow an account to be setup for about 1,50 euro (by charging your account with a 1,50 euro call form a fixed or mobile phone.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Did not know that a Fritz router/WLAN/ATA/DECT device can also be a SIP server itself. Have no experience with that, perhaps it's better to ask a Fritz forum how to setup that configuration and whether there are voice problems like yours.
    The Fritzbox vendor AVM even offers free VOIP apps for iPhone and Android. Just the webOS app is missing still. That is why I look at linphone here. (I successfully installed a Win XP version of linphone and tested it with my Fritzbox)
    I try to find out if there are known issues with SIP in the Fritzbox.

---
    I like the idea to rewrite / enhance the linphone for webOS app.
    Would be great if we could have it as open source.

Regards, Martin - still adding more stuff on Fritz
    It's a bit an off topic. If the fritzbox is providing the sip service, do you pay (to whom?) for calling mobile and land line numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    It's a bit an off topic. If the fritzbox is providing the sip service, do you pay (to whom?) for calling mobile and land line numbers?
    For me the SIP service in Fritzbox is just another way to add more phone devices at my home line.
    The calling costs using this SIP service are billed by my land line provider (Kabel BW). This provider can not even tell which phone device I was using at home.

Regards, Martin - still wonder if I can connect to my Fritzbox SIP from external Internet (after opening my firewall at home) With this I had land line plan available for all calls on my Pre too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    So... I am hoping to, in my last little bit of time that isn't occupied by other projects and work, help to revive this project.

One of my goals is to get audio working properly, and to see what can be done about video support (worst case, just playback of video from the remote end).
    Thanks a lot. I'm sure this community will appreciate your intent and effort, I certainly do.

I am new to open source initiatives and thought that perhaps the following is of interest for others too. According to the webOS Linphone Wiki this Linphone implementation is based on Linphone, open-source voip software. The Linphone site further states that "Linphone, liblinphone, mediastreamer2 are provided under the GNU GPL v2 license. You can use and distribute freely this software. If you integrate it within a larger software, this software must be GPL too.". That clarifies that our effort here is GPL open source too. It is classified as an unofficial port.

Regarding audio, I hope that the nice echo cancelling features of the Pre 3 can be incorporated. Have not looked into that area. Other issues with the audio API are documented in this wiki page. That's the main reason I implemented a separate App AusdioSwitch for the time being.

And lastly I noticed that video calls are available for an ARMv7 phone on the Linphone site. Don't know whether that part has been included in the port to webOS.
    I have been trying to test the Linphone application for Webos using Iptel.org, and like mentioned on the website, it has the back speaker on, no front speaker, a lot of echo on the call, but it looks it is going on the right track. When are updates going to be available? When is the beta testing be available? There are some stuff missing on the application yet, like redialing features, call history, etc, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbr14 View Post
    I have been trying to test the Linphone application for Webos using Iptel.org, and like mentioned on the website, it has the back speaker on, no front speaker, a lot of echo on the call, but it looks it is going on the right track. When are updates going to be available? When is the beta testing be available? There are some stuff missing on the application yet, like redialing features, call history, etc, etc.
    What do you folks think, now the P2 has very well working Skype-audio, is there still interest in a better SIP?
    well, I don't think the majority of us Pre2 owners have Skype yet .. and it truly does serve a completely different purpose -- you can use your phone as a complete WiFi phone pretty much for free, if this were to be working 100% .. whereas with Skype, you get to pay for everything.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    For me Skype can't replace SIP. I used SIP on my Nokia E71 to dial into my router and use as as a cordless phone at work. SIP has priority over Skype for me.
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    anybody can give me a detailed step by step manual on how to get the application ?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    anybody can give me a detailed step by step manual on how to get the application ?
    Search and you'll find post 252
    can I get a link to the ipk to test on a 1.4.5 Palm Pixi Plus?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    @Thibaud
    Noticed that SIP acc password shows up as a clean readable plaintext in Linphone preferences instead of **** - which definetely not good from the security point of view. What you say? Another enhancement might be changing SIP statuses to more human-readable strings, i.e. 'Registered successfully' instead of 'REG_OK' etc etc

Otherwise it works fine for me on Palm Pixi Plus fw 1.4.5.1
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    BTW, any chance to get sound from the front speaker? or 'mission impossible'?
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmax_dp View Post
    BTW, any chance to get sound from the front speaker? or 'mission impossible'?
    http://www.webosnation.com/audioswitch
    Didn't try it but it's intended just for that as far as I can tell. Will have to try linphone after the latest OS update.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    anybody used linphone successful on a hp touchpad ?

i entered the data from my sip provider but linphone hangs with a "trying to connect" message.
    To my knowledge a few have tried but have not succeeded to run Linphone on the TP. The binary libraries probably need to be recompiled for the TP to begin with.

====edit: sorry, do you really get the message trying to connect or is it the infamous 'waiting for service' message? Did you ever get that waiting message at all?

@lehaks: did you read the post just above yours?
    Hi,
    tried to get linphone working on the TP but didnīt succeed.
    First installed the: org.webosinternals.linphone_0.1.8_armv7.ipk
    then the patch: Linphone reconnect 2.1 and API.patch
    but still get the "Waiting for the service to come up..." - message.
    Anybody a new idea or tried the same thing with success ?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    http://www.webosnation.com/audioswitch
    Didn't try it but it's intended just for that as far as I can tell. Will have to try linphone after the latest OS update.
    Didn't work for me (also noticed some FAIL msgs in the app embedded log), and after trying to select audio output device in Audioswitch - first "Waiting for the service to come up..." msg appeared, then I was able to get REG_OK with Luna restart but still no sound in Linphone at all, even after reboot. I'm on Palm Pixi Plus webOS 1.4.5.1
    hello all
    i can recieve and make calls, but i can't hear anything, not even a ringtone. the other caller hears everything fine, quality is surprisingly great.
    i installed version 0.1.8 and the patch on my palm pixi plus with webos 1.4.5, no errors.
    i use a sipsorcery dial plan with google voice and ipkall, works fine on my linksys voip adapter. the domain is sipsorcery.com.
    i have uninstalled the patch, then linphone, and then reinstalled just linphone, and have also tried connecting directly to a sip provider (ekiga), but the speakers never work.
    any suggestions?