webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > Linphone alpha testing
Linphone alpha testing
Like Tree15Likes

Old 09/19/2011, 04:10 AM   #221 (permalink)

Hello guys, at first sorry for my english. I have one small question. I'am have installed Linphone 0.1.8 with patch from Dick99999. Can you please explain me what it means popup message: "Call error: need to confirm registration" I'am using Czech provider mikrotech. SIP provider is using area: asterisk At the end I want to say many thanks to people who are working on this appl. (It is possible that it was mentioned somewhere in this thread)

Greetings
Ales
@ljosh@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 04:41 AM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
Hey there,
seems to be good progress with the audio switch and the reconnect patch.
Is there a plan to put it all together in one package?

Greetings
Chris
Not in the short term as far as I'm concerned. Also I have not seen the Linphone developer on this forum for quite a while now. Would be nice to know his or her plans even if it's none yet..... However, as long as necessary I'll develop the patch, audioswitch and API.

Currently there are 2 issues with the patch: blur/focus while a call is active and no (re)registration after changing the SIP settings. Of course getting Linphone to work on a TP would be nice too. I'm afraid that's beyond my capabilities. The patch, however, seems to work on my Pre 3 / webOS 2.2

==== edit
I just noticed the comment of @ljosh@ . I have had that error once before and don't know yet what it means.

Last edited by Dick99999; 09/20/2011 at 12:15 AM.
Dick99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 10:41 PM   #223 (permalink)

Running 0.1.8 on my 3.0.2 TouchPad, has the "Waiting for service" issue, tried the patch but same problem still. This error keeps appearing in the messages log:

2011-09-21T03:49:07.326381Z [115] webos-device user.crit
ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR:
"org.webosinternals.linphone.service" is not allowed to send signals
(requester pid: 1828, requester exe:
"/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service" requester cmdline: "/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service")

FWIW permissions+ownership on the service appear correct.

Last edited by knightnz; 09/20/2011 at 10:50 PM.
KnightNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2011, 12:51 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
Running 0.1.8 on my 3.0.2 TouchPad, has the "Waiting for service" issue, tried the patch but same problem still. This error keeps appearing in the messages log:

2011-09-21T03:49:07.326381Z [115] webos-device user.crit
ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR:
"org.webosinternals.linphone.service" is not allowed to send signals
(requester pid: 1828, requester exe:
"/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service" requester cmdline: "/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service")

FWIW permissions+ownership on the service appear correct.
That message also appears if the service is not running. You can see the services running with the following Linux command:
ps -A -l -y -f | grep "intern"
This should list all webOS Internals processes , one of them should have linphone in the name.
Old 09/21/2011, 01:44 AM   #225 (permalink)

Salut Thibaud,

I sent you a message a while ago concerning linphone. You did reply, that you wouldn`t have time to work on linphone in the next weeks, but that it still was on your agenda. Ok, we all have a job and family and they have priority.

Are there any news you can provide? Are you still planning on continuing?

If you don`t want to continue, would opening the source code be an option? So that someone else could hopefully take over and develop a solution for the community? Of course including you if you still want to contribute. That one wouldn`t be me unfortunately. If I could help, I would

I would love to use SIP on my pre 3 and would also pay money for a working app. Maybe the community could raise some money (donations) to honor your work till this point and hopefully someone would step up and continue the project.

Thanks again for your work!

LinuxQ
mgmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2011, 04:52 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
That message also appears if the service is not running. You can see the services running with the following Linux command:
ps -A -l -y -f | grep "intern"
This should list all webOS Internals processes , one of them should have linphone in the name.
Looks like it's going ok:

S root 4016 1 0 80 0 3072 23182 poll_s 07:12 ? 00:00:27 /var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.linphone.service

Interestingly, if there's no net connection, I get:

2011-09-21T21:43:36.285631Z [9554] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.linphone: Error: Linphone: LinphoneService#register fa
ilure: Invalid or missing password, palmInitFramework506:2574

But if there is a connection, then I get the initial "not allowed to send signals" message.

(Tried with my local SIP acct and my pbxes.org one - same deal)

If I try manually running the service (pointless, I know...), I get:

./org.webosinternals.linphone.service: /usr/lib/libpulse.so.0: no version information available (required by /var/usr/lib/org.webosinternals.linphone/libmediast
reamer.so.0) (libpulse on my TP is v0.12.3)
Linphone Service (0.2.4)

(process:12273): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-135.2/135.2/src/transport.c:2443

(Then of course it fails as the service is already running)

Last edited by knightnz; 09/21/2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09/22/2011, 11:19 AM   #227 (permalink)

During testing the patch, I sometimes had the error. What did help was a boot between aan uninstall and a reinstall, followed also by a boot before starting L. You probably tried that already? It's is encouraging that the service part seem to run on a TP.
Old 09/22/2011, 07:16 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
During testing the patch, I sometimes had the error. What did help was a boot between aan uninstall and a reinstall, followed also by a boot before starting L. You probably tried that already? It's is encouraging that the service part seem to run on a TP.
Just in case I had another go at the process, rebooting between each step but it's consistantly stuck on "waiting for service".

Odd given that others have managed to get it going. Could it be kernel related?
Old 09/23/2011, 04:57 PM   #229 (permalink)

I might be mistaken, I thought that no one got Liphone working on a TP. Could it be incompatible CPUs? Or indeed webOS 3?
Old 09/23/2011, 05:28 PM   #230 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I might be mistaken, I thought that no one got Liphone working on a TP. Could it be incompatible CPUs? Or indeed webOS 3?
I'm going to guess that it's not going to be an impossibility -- About 2 hours before discovering this thread a few minutes ago, I had compiled my own linphone setup using the stock linphone source code. It seems to be functioning, except for the fact that it doesn't currently understand how to use the soundcard. I am apparently able to connect to a test account that I setup at sip2sip.info, though.

Of course, that may well be the easiest part as far as what I've managed to do, and the whole rest of it might be a complete and total nightmare, so I'll let the people involved with that weigh in. But, it would appear to me that the program as a whole should function on the Touchpad, but will probably need some "massaging" to get it to work properly in webOS.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2011, 01:19 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
..............I had compiled my own linphone setup using the stock linphone source code. It seems to be functioning, except for the fact that it doesn't currently understand how to use the soundcard. I am apparently able to connect to a test account that I setup at sip2sip.info, though. ...............

That's good news. The sound part could be as tricky as it is for webOS 2. The issue is that only HP Palm sourced apps can use the full sound API when accessing the front speaker. That's why I wrote a separate App AudioSwitch that has the naming of a HP app. That way I could test whether the front speaker works with Linphone.

I don't have a TP and have not looked into webOS 3. AudioSwitch runs on the webOS 3 emulator, but it seems not fully operational. Some status operations seem to work and responses look familiar. Which is strange, is there really a front and a back speaker?

Last edited by Dick99999; 09/25/2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Front speaker note edited
Old 09/25/2011, 01:57 AM   #232 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No but there is a left and a right, maybe wired to the same calls? *This conversation is already going a bit deeper than my knowledge of the system extends I was under the impression that between the fact that there are plenty of games o n the touchpad with sound and a handful of programs that use the Mic that this wouldn't be terribly difficult but doing it is way beyond me at the moment

Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 09/25/2011, 03:16 AM   #233 (permalink)

You're right I think about access to the audio on the TP. The issue with 2.1 was about accessing the front (ear) speaker for Linphone usage. Accessing the media speaker (back) has no limitations I know of on 2.1 too. Have edited my post on this point.
Old 10/04/2011, 10:46 AM   #234 (permalink)

we all need void apps,, especially waiting for skype for pre
mirhasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2011, 02:35 PM   #235 (permalink)

The waiting is over for me and I am enjoying Skype on my brand-new Pre3 (seems that this project has been abandoned as I have not seen Tibaud here for months).
kbywal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2011, 10:44 PM   #236 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, I wanted to see if it was possible to just get the libraries up and running, so that I could then get jingle going. If this project is officially or mostly dead, who knows the most about it, that is still around?

Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/05/2011, 02:29 AM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
The waiting is over for me and I am enjoying Skype on my brand-new Pre3 (seems that this project has been abandoned as I have not seen Tibaud here for months).
For sure I hope this SIP project is not dead. If open source projects would die when a developer leaves, there would not be many OS projects. Skype is a different thing that can be an alternative for SIP for some.

I looked into and patched the JS code of the Linphone main App and can offer some limited time for changes and adjustments. In 1-2 months time I have even more time available. I have no knowledge of manual 'packaging' and of C etc. should that be necessary for the service part. If all modules are available in 'compiled' format (as they are now in the IPK), the packaging can be done by Ares. That's the way I tested and debugged the patches.
Old 10/05/2011, 03:43 AM   #238 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I would need a lot of education to get up to speed on how this works...

Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/09/2011, 08:49 AM   #239 (permalink)

Linphone sometimes does not register when the SIP settings change. I found the reason. A work around is to set the Use Proxi preference once, and change it back once (after an install). After that, changes in the SIP settings should register intermediately after leaving the preferences scene.
(Those that indeed use a Proxi do not have this problem)

This is NO alternative for the 'waiting for service' problem, that is another issue. The Patch published in this thread works for most on webOS 2 to resolve that issue.
Old 10/12/2011, 01:01 PM   #240 (permalink)

If you need anymore linphone testers I am ready to try. Have both a pre-, pre3 (att) and touchpad. Been trying it out and using combo of vonage and callcentric.com and neither one works. The 2.1 patch seems to get past the dreaded 'service coming up' message, but they both sit on waiting to reg until eventually it stops responding and says reg failed.
gtkansan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0