Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    I just got a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus 1.4.5.. i want to try this alpha version.. i use VOIP almost everyday..Cheers!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I can't get this program to work with my Pixi Plus I configured it precisely the same way as I configured the windoze version still no-go.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz86us View Post
    I can't get this program to work with my Pixi Plus I configured it precisely the same way as I configured the windoze version still no-go.
    As an alpha tester, you will need to give a much better problem report than that.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I there,
    just installed the 0.1.8 version on a Pre2 and tried it with sipgate.de. I found the following:
    1. Putting in Sipgate information works (User/Pass, Domain=sipgate.de, Proxy=sipgate.de, Firewall=stun.sipgate.net:10000), and I get an REG_OK connecting over WiFi.
    2. Calling out works and the target phone is ringing
    3. Hanging up does not work, it keeps ringing on the target phone
    4. If I pick up the phone, it is just silence although the target phone shows it as connected. No voice is transferred.
    5. After using linphone for a call, the dial button is empty (no green or red phone). I can go into the preferences, but nothing changes. Closing the app and reopening puts it into "Waiting for the service to come up...". Only a restart of the phone brings me back to 1.
    6. Receiving a call does not do anything on the phone
    7. Opening the app after a restart of the phone and I get a REG_OK. Doing nothing and just closing the app and reopening I get "Waiting for the service to come up...".

So far my experience with the app. Tell me if you want some logs or anything.
    Will try some more configurations later on.

Greetings
    Chris
    GSM Pre- with 2.1
    Linphone 0.1.8
    SIP server: Asterisk 1.8

1. Connecting to my SIP server works only via WiFi... for some reason, can't connect via EDGE/3G. It's probably a proxy issue on my side, but still I couldn't manage to do so via public SIP proxy and public STUN server. The packets on port 5060 *were* detected on the router in front of my SIP server. Will keep checking.

2. The front-end GUI works OK, but the back-end Linphone interface constantly stops communicating with the front end, so I get stuck on messages like "Waiting for the service to come up..." and "REG_PENDING". I get a REG_OK the first time, and then when I reopen the front-end, I get stuck with "Waiting for the service to come up...", but it never comes up. It's a real chore to have to kill the Linphone background service manually. Maybe a simple "Reset" button that runs "killall org.webosinternals.linphone.service" should do the trick as a quick and dirty solution, if the Linphone service is that much buggy?

Also:
    When the app is closed, Linphone remains in the background - registered, but it doesn't pop-up any messages when called.

When I run the front-end for the second time, I get the "Waiting for service..." message, as already mentioned. However, if I call myself via SIP during that time, the phone DOES ring, and when the call ends, the front-end is back in a "CALL_IDLE" state, and then the whole thing works like a charm! What gives?

3. Once I do get connected, everything works fine. Maybe a few stutters here and there, but the sound quality is great and there was very little delay. While using headphones, one needn't worry about the sound output being redirected only to the loudspeaker.

4. "Call error: need to confirm registration" pops up when dialing a DND marked number, or a number that is unavailable, and then the app switches to REG_PENDING forever with the calling button disabled. This also happens when my call gets rejected from the called party. Weird. The thing is, the client IS registered, and if I call my Pre via SIP, it WILL ring! After that, the REG_PENDING message dissapears and "CALL_IDLE" appears, everything works fine after that.

5. No sound is heard when the connection is dropped, or when the other person hangs up the call. Talked to a person who already hanged up a few times...

6. Can't send DTMF tones while in a call.

Suggestions:
    a) How about some more SIP features? (DND or voicemail indicator)
    b) Custom ringtones?
    c) Proximity sensor (already requested)
    d) How about a real "ring" sound, instead of just the CALL_OUT_RINGING message?
    e) REG_OK? REG_PENDING? How about some user friendlier messages?
    f) "Squish" limit for the keypad (see attachment)
    g) Can I by any chance stop the background service from being registered to the SIP server?
    h) Missed calls option?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I got it to go reg-ok with the reboot like suggested I am on a Palm Pixi Plus.
    Test call out registers a ring on google chat but when I answer it my voice didn't play over my computer.
    I did a test call in with google voice and it seems to get stuck I really can't wait for you to work out the bugs.
    hi, i'm looking for the alpha testing link. Can you PM the link so i can give it a try?

i'm using a Pre Plus with 2.1
    Can anyone help me or point me to the location of the software. I urge to test out the software.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Is there actually still development on this project? Haven't seen an update from the developers for a long time?
    i tried using linphone 0.1.8 on my o2 pre- 1.4.5. It connects and works (without audio) for the first time only. I can call to it but After a call has been made it gets stuck and you can't use it anymore. If you close the app and open it again - its waiting for the service to come up and can't use it. Also, i can hear any audio in this version of the linphone
    I'd like to alpha-test linphone as my landline is SIP-based. How can I get it ?

Thanks.
    i have installed linphone 0.1.8 on my german Palm Pre - with webos 2.1 i have tried for now with ekiga.net and no problem with the reg ... only sometimes after closing the prog and reopen it i receive the message waiting for service... and i have to kill the service.

with the ekiga.net account i have some trouble with the audio, i0m not earing nothing ... (the volume was max), but it call and reiceive call.

with another account from messagenet.it i can connect, receive call and the audio work great.
    i had this new provider to the wiki list.

and thanks for your work
    Federico Pietta "Darkmagister"
    http://www.darkmagister.org
    http://www.wosp.it
    Linux Registered User: #425709

public gpg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 1B20570B
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Can anyone send me a link to try this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    I there,
    just installed the 0.1.8 version on a Pre2 and tried it with sipgate.de. I found the following:
    1. Putting in Sipgate information works (User/Pass, Domain=sipgate.de, Proxy=sipgate.de, Firewall=stun.sipgate.net:10000), and I get an REG_OK connecting over WiFi.
    2. Calling out works and the target phone is ringing
    3. Hanging up does not work, it keeps ringing on the target phone
    4. If I pick up the phone, it is just silence although the target phone shows it as connected. No voice is transferred.
    5. After using linphone for a call, the dial button is empty (no green or red phone). I can go into the preferences, but nothing changes. Closing the app and reopening puts it into "Waiting for the service to come up...". Only a restart of the phone brings me back to 1.
    6. Receiving a call does not do anything on the phone
    7. Opening the app after a restart of the phone and I get a REG_OK. Doing nothing and just closing the app and reopening I get "Waiting for the service to come up...".

So far my experience with the app. Tell me if you want some logs or anything.
    Will try some more configurations later on.

Greetings
    Chris
    My experience with sipgate.de is exactly the same!
    I'm curious about future versions. Does anybody know when a newer version will be available?

Regards,
    Geomatic.
    I want to try this on my Veer. I have an account on OnSIP that I use for my home phone and I would love to be able to answer calls on my cell. Do we still go to IRC for a link?
    Can anyone pm a link? Thanks
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I just got a new job, and they use Asterisk there. I'd like to try this out on my Sprint Pre phone (on WiFi, it's unactivated at the moment). I'm considering a Pre 3 when it comes out, and want to know if I can get that work. They all use Androids with Bria, and I'd rather use WebOS. Can someone send me a link to the IPK for testing? I've also got an old Asterisk system I could try it out on.
    Hi, last week I got my hp touchpad. Had anybody try linphone on a touchpad? Please send me a link and I will test it on my touchpad and on the pre 2
    Thanks
    Just posted a beta app for webOS 2, that switches Linphone's audio to the front speaker or to a Bluetooth headset, see AudioSwitch
    CDMA Pixi Plus running on PagePlus (Verizon Reseller)
    Linphone 0.1.8
    SIP : Whistlephone (completely free, even outgoing!)

1. Several times, the phone button disappeared after hanging up a call. Had to reset the device or all I'd get is "Waiting for the service to start".

2. I couldn't use Whistlephone's default SIP settings, and I had to substitute the actual IP instead of proxy.whistlephone.com (also the domain.) Otherwise I'd just get a REG_PENDING hang. Works great with the actual IP setting.

3. Couldn't do a call in, yet it worked just fine with my softphone running on PC.

4. Seems to start speaker-phone style by default. Would be nice to have that changed. Is there a toggle currently?

Call quality is good. I would also suggest some more user friendly messages for the final release. Building something like AudioSwitch in to Linphone for the use of Bluetooth headsets might be helpful.

Thanks for allowing me to alpha test. I'll report more as I use the application more. I am going to use this very frequently, on 3 different Pixis.