1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I have AT&T Pre Plus that is currently good for nothing but as a paperweight. I'd really love it to be working again, but I'm not under Palm's warranty as I unlocked this device. I made a quick video showing the problem -

I was told by "GuyFromNam" to write a Metadoctor to fix my Pre Plus.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to write Metadoctors, and i don't understand the guide particularly well - [link]

Is there anyone that can write the metadoctor for me, or better still, add me on skype/msn/yahoo etc. and help me along the way.

That would be great. Thanks
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have AT&T Pre Plus that is currently good for nothing but as a paperweight. I'd really love it to be working again, but I'm not under Palm's warranty as I unlocked this device. I made a quick video showing the problem -

I was told by "GuyFromNam" to write a Metadoctor to fix my Pre Plus.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to write Metadoctors, and i don't understand the guide particularly well - [link]

Is there anyone that can write the metadoctor for me, or better still, add me on skype/msn/yahoo etc. and help me along the way.

That would be great. Thanks
    Nobody can do the metadoctor for you, as them sending it to you would be giant copyright violation.

Now if you're willing to do it yourself but with assistance from others (as in, you need help figuring out how to do step 1, for example), then you should post your specific questions here, as I'm certain people will help you figure out how to get started with making your own meta-doctor (it is pretty simple as soon as you have a Linux environment).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Okay thanks. When I get linux going I'll be back :P
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    get the bypass tool from palm.com and that will give you enough functionality to be worth your while... without all the pain of metadoctoring
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    get the bypass tool from palm.com and that will give you enough functionality to be worth your while... without all the pain of metadoctoring
    Did you see the video I linked?
    I'm not trying to bypass the activation process. The phone has a unresolvable error and needs to be completely redone (somehow.)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everybody...pastorrich1 helped me with doctoring and activation etc. And now the Pre Plus is good as gold

Together we solved Palm's "Unresolveable Error"
    Thanks again,

Gavin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums