Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm running the stable version of F102A Delta Dagger (v1.4.5-100) in the Preware feeds.

I was poking around in the patch feeds and came across "Unset CFQ IO Scheduler" which says it removes a problem in the Fxxx kernels when IO is set to other values than CFQ (such as Westwood in F102A).

The WebOS Internals Wiki (link below) does not indicate that this patch is needed.

Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

Does anyone know whether it would help?
    Westwood is a TCP/IP Congestion handler. CFQ IO is like noop, anticipatory, CFQ, etc.

I think like some kernels are forced to CFQ because of Palm's coding, so this patch undoes that, so you can have a profile that uses anticipatory without it reverting it. I would use it.(and I do with AV8B)
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 01/25/2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks...and yep, you're right - I confused the IO Scheduler (CFQ/Anticipatory) with the TCP Congestion (Westwood).

F102A only allows noop and anticipatory as options in Govnah.

Installing now...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Thanks...and yep, you're right - I confused the IO Scheduler (CFQ/Anticipatory) with the TCP Congestion (Westwood).

F102A only allows noop and anticipatory as options in Govnah.

Installing now...
    Don't do it! The patch description reads "This CAUSES problems for kernels such as Fxxx or warthog that have the io scheduler set to something other than cfq such as anticipatory."
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hmm...so I did install it and haven't noticed any difference.

@cwgtex - I read it differently than you did, assuming that it is the CFQ override which causes problems. Installing this patch to unset CFQ would prevent the scheduler from always setting CFQ, enabling Fxxx to use anticipatory.

"Remove the CFQ override which forces the io scheduler to CFQ. This causes problems for kernels such as Fxxx or warthog that have the io scheduler set to something other than cfq such as anticipatory."

Of course since I have seen no change, I bet it has been built into the new kernels...too bad I can't find sufficient documentation.
    So what is the status of this patch?

Is it recommended when running the current UberKernel on webOS 3.05?

I had the patch installed on 3.04, but after removing all my various patches i updated to 3.05. But was unable to install the patch. Whereas have all my other AUSMT webosinternals patches have installed just fine.