Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    is f102B stand alone like 102A or does it need Govnah to scale properly. I have searched & can't find anything on F102B. Heck I can't even find the F102A/F104A thread anymore?!?!.

    Also has development stopped on F104A/F102A. I had screenstate 500/800 working with F104A perfectly to my liking. Since the last Govnah update it switched to 1.1GHz & no longer gives the 500/800 option. When I use advanced options to get 500/800 my phone doesn't behave the same anymore. Battery drains quicker & slower wake times. A reinstall ove the kernel gives the same results. So I want to try the F102B.
  2. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    is f102B stand alone like 102A or does it need Govnah to scale properly. I have searched & can't find anything on F102B. Heck I can't even find the F102A/F104A thread anymore?!?!.

    Also has development stopped on F104A/F102A. I had screenstate 500/800 working with F104A perfectly to my liking. Since the last Govnah update it switched to 1.1GHz & no longer gives the 500/800 option. When I use advanced options to get 500/800 my phone doesn't behave the same anymore. Battery drains quicker & slower wake times. A reinstall ove the kernel gives the same results. So I want to try the F102B.
    The big effort right now SEEMS to be on the 1GHz, 1.2GHz, and 1.4GHz, so that is why the old 800MHz kernels(F102/F104) don't seem to be getting as much attention. On the 1GHz side, AV8B and F105 seem to be the kernels to check out. SR71 is your 1.2GHz kernel, but considering that most Pre and Pre Plus phones can't handle that speed, you should be careful and be ready to "Doctor" your phone. Then you have the work being done for the Pre 2 going up to 1.4GHz.

    In many cases, once things have gotten stable, many of the features in these experimental kernels ends up in UberKernel, so you should pick the kernel that works best for you. Since I didn't feel like really pushing the limits of my phone, I stuck with F105 for a long time, but have found that since 1005MHz is fully stable on my particular phone, AV8B has ended up being my kernel of choice these days. So, test if F105 is stable for you, and after a few weeks, you may want to give AV8B a try to see if it is better for you.
  3. sck18's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #3  
    Makes sense...but it's interesting that there's no documentation for F102B (at least, none that I can find by either searching PreCentral or the WebOS Internals Wiki:

    Also on this wiki page, it shows that F102A now seems to have the screenstate-v2 governor (?!)

    I like to stick to stable kernels since I only have one phone, and doctoring would wipe out my SMS history.

    WebOS Internals - PsychoKernel
  4. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Makes sense...but it's interesting that there's no documentation for F102B (at least, none that I can find by either searching PreCentral or the WebOS Internals Wiki:

    Also on this wiki page, it shows that F102A now seems to have the screenstate-v2 governor (?!)

    I like to stick to stable kernels since I only have one phone, and doctoring would wipe out my SMS history.

    WebOS Internals - PsychoKernel
    I think UnixPsycho is the one who did the development of the screenstate governor in the first place, so it makes sense that he would update all of his kernels with the latest code.

    Now, when it comes to stable, there are some tricks to let you experiment with it to see if you will be stable. F105 is designed to run at 500MHz when on wall power or the Touchstone(not USB power from a computer). This means that if you install F105 and run at 1005MHz(1.005GHz), and then find it isn't stable enough to let you boot, you just put it on the Touchstone, boot it that way, and then uninstall it.

    It is fairly safe to test it as a result, since you won't need to Doctor your phone. If F105 works, then chances are AV8B will work for you as well, just better since it doesn't need to change speeds(it reduces voltage based on CPU usage, rather than changing the speed). If AV8B works for you, you will probably not want to run any other kernel other than the risky SR71 at 1.2GHz.
  5. #5  
    I was digging the f102b - but around the time of the last update - my phone seemed to start hanging and locking - once it went into 'superheat' stalled on a preware update - and way overheated - as in hot. Locked and battery appeared to be trashed.

    Worked fine with new/old battery - but still hangs alot.

    I am about to uninstall.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    I was digging the f102b - but around the time of the last update - my phone seemed to start hanging and locking - once it went into 'superheat' stalled on a preware update - and way overheated - as in hot. Locked and battery appeared to be trashed.

    Worked fine with new/old battery - but still hangs alot.

    I am about to uninstall.
    Are you running it with Govnah?
    Uninstall it. Install the palm (recovery) kernel. Then reinstall it, with reboots after each. no need to try and uninstall the palm (recovery) kernel just install F102b right over it.

    I use govnah with it just so you can see what's going on with it.

Posting Permissions