Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    So the last time I tried this kernel, I got a boot loop. Decided to try the later version. This time it boots, but am getting some really bizarre results. Basically, despite Govnah reporting 1.4GHz it feels like it's absolutely creaking - jerky swiping between launcher pages, and a WebOSMark of 112. I'm also unable to actually select the default profile - Govnah reports "unknown profile" (despite the fact that the unknown profile looks remarkably like what the default would be, i.e. ondemandtcl at 1.4GHz scaling down to 300MHz). If I save a profile and select it, Govnah's quite happy - it just refuses to select the default Ondemandtcl 1400 one. Are these related, or is it just a case of my Pre2 being the mobile phone equivalent of three year old girl?

SR71 runs like a champ on mine, incidentally.
    I have been having this exact same issue. Whenever I install SR71 (or any other kernel), the phone runs FASTER than stock. However, when I install F14, the phone seems to become an old man and move slow as hell. Govnah reports 1.4GHz, and will even scale down to 300 MHz. I can successfully change all of the settings, save a new profile, etc., but Govnah always reports "unknown profile".

I've tried around 6 or 7 times over the life of my Pre2, and I have never encountered an issue with boot-loops or anything else. The only problem is that rather than being faster at 1.4, the phone is much slower. I even had the balls to raise the voltages to maximum, with no change (except that the temperature went up!). I am not sure of what is causing this, but if necessary I can help test things.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    I have been having this exact same issue. Whenever I install SR71 (or any other kernel), the phone runs FASTER than stock. However, when I install F14, the phone seems to become an old man and move slow as hell. Govnah reports 1.4GHz, and will even scale down to 300 MHz. I can successfully change all of the settings, save a new profile, etc., but Govnah always reports "unknown profile".

I've tried around 6 or 7 times over the life of my Pre2, and I have never encountered an issue with boot-loops or anything else. The only problem is that rather than being faster at 1.4, the phone is much slower. I even had the balls to raise the voltages to maximum, with no change (except that the temperature went up!). I am not sure of what is causing this, but if necessary I can help test things.
    All devices are different. The absolute somewhat stable max this CPU can handle is around 1.3GHz (Motorola phones), and even at 1.3 results were pleasing. So seeing some people having trouble with 1.4Ghz is typical.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Good to hear, I just thought maybe I was going crazy. The usual response for non-support is rebooting/failure, not slowdown. Thanks for letting me know it's not unnatural.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456