Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Anyone else have frequent, yet inconsistent issues where the camera app launches and *appears* to work (makes the photo noise, shows the thumbnail of the last photo) but the photos are not actually saved? If you tap the thumbnail it doesn't launch the photos app, and if you launch it manually there's just nothing there.

I found myself somewhere I wanted to take some photos the other day and had to uninstall F14 and reboot to get the camera working. I even tried switching to different profiles (I have a 300MHz profile for when I'm out in the wilderness and need to stretch battery life, not that I've tested this since I always bring a handful of charged palm batteries) to no avail.
    launch day Sprint Pre-, Verizon Pixi+, and now unlocked Pre2
    So the last time I tried this kernel, I got a boot loop. Decided to try the later version. This time it boots, but am getting some really bizarre results. Basically, despite Govnah reporting 1.4GHz it feels like it's absolutely creaking - jerky swiping between launcher pages, and a WebOSMark of 112. I'm also unable to actually select the default profile - Govnah reports "unknown profile" (despite the fact that the unknown profile looks remarkably like what the default would be, i.e. ondemandtcl at 1.4GHz scaling down to 300MHz). If I save a profile and select it, Govnah's quite happy - it just refuses to select the default Ondemandtcl 1400 one. Are these related, or is it just a case of my Pre2 being the mobile phone equivalent of three year old girl?

SR71 runs like a champ on mine, incidentally.
    suburban_war;2940516]Anyone else have frequent, yet inconsistent issues where the camera app launches and *appears* to work ...
    Check out the post "camera won't save pics". Do you have "muffle system logging" patch aplied? This appears to be the source of the problem for many people.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    none of these kernels but starfighter are available for verizon pre 2? If I add the 2.1 kernels they will just fail right? All are listed as unavailable for 2.0.1 I guess development stopped on this since 2.1 is available for other pre 2s?
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    none of these kernels but starfighter are available for verizon pre 2? If I add the 2.1 kernels they will just fail right? All are listed as unavailable for 2.0.1 I guess development stopped on this since 2.1 is available for other pre 2s?
    Not True. All kernels for 2.1.0 should also be available for 2.0.x.

If it isnt then i'll run a rebuild.
    Live free or DIE!
    I added the 2.1 alpha kernel feed manually and it made them display in prepared I was just making sure these were safe to install as it says 2.1 not 2.0
    *preware
    auto correct is a double-edge sword
  8.    #88  
    I added the 2.1 alpha kernel feed manually and it made them display in prepared I was just making sure these were safe to install as it says 2.1 not 2.0
    This is not recommended, do at your own risk.
    Live free or DIE!
    it don't work, says incompatible Os version. Gonna have to wait till the three unavailable kernels become compatible. After your warning I feel to nervous to impostah. Hopefully its not to tough a fix. I actually found a post asking this same question(on precentral) and the only person that responded was like:
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    when I didn't see anything other than stock, I assumed there weren't any for 2.0.1 - that version seems to be an ugly stepsister or something!
    Been using this kernel for about a week. It works flawlessly. Installed it on my brother's Pre 2 and he has had similar experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Not True. All kernels for 2.1.0 should also be available for 2.0.x.

If it isnt then i'll run a rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This is not recommended, do at your own risk.
    it don't work, says incompatible Os version. Gonna have to wait till the three unavailable kernels become compatible. After your warning I feel to nervous to impostah. Hopefully its not to tough a fix. I actually found a post asking this same question(on precentral) and the only person that responded was like:

So are the kernels available in 2.0.1 or not? If not Unixpsycho said he can rebuild them and it was an error not intentional.
    they are not, obviously check preware. Sorry if I confused anyone. I'm sure they will be up soon but currently they are not
  13.    #93  
    they are not, obviously check preware. Sorry if I confused anyone. I'm sure they will be up soon but currently they are not
    Should be available now.
    Live free or DIE!
    yes
    Uhmm... I don't have 2.1 or even 2.0.1 so I couldn't check. That's why it was non-obvious to me.

Also since Unixpsycho had indicated that they should be there and not to try 2.1 kernels on 2.0.1 I was really surprised to see you said you tried.

In any case, this is fixed now. Did you find the kernel you wanted and is it working for you?
    just installed despite a few fears, battery should always be pulled between kernel changes to properly reset so having to do that didn't bother me. All seems to werk well, I will try poking at my phone until I find a problem. Thanks Unix, you really are a psycho. Excellent dedication to pushin these poor little phones to there limit and then slapping that limit in the face!
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    other than occasional wifi issues(unfixable by luna restart, fixed by phone restart) all werk very smooth. However its a battery chugger so I couldn't keep for long. Amazing quality for alpha phone melting quality I imagine by the time Pre3 comes out I will be able to pick this in uberkernel!
    my favorite so far. then again im one of the few people that use Conservative as well :/
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    No joy for me.

Been trying all morning to get this to run on my Sprint Franken Pre 2, but I'm stuck in the boot loop no matter what I do. I've decided I just have a weak Pre2. I had a champion Pre Minus and Pre Plus, so I guess my luck ran out.

I'll try again next version and/or when the Metadoc is updated for 2.2.

EDIT: Tried again today (9/28/11) just for fun and I've successfully booted with the f14 kernel. Progress, to be sure, but now I'm getting the same issues that Loccy posted above. I'm playing with the voltages, but so far no luck.
    Last edited by Mostockton; 09/28/2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    hows this running on the pre 2 for people?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast