Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I was running the latest version of f14. Maybe I should have just stuck with the old version as it was meeting my needs. Thank for all your time and effort on this kernel!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I also had this issue with the original version. I had no patches installed, just this. Once I uninstalled the kernel my pictures were viewable again.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    F14 is only for the Pre Plus right? or can you install on (sprint) Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    F14 is only for the Pre Plus right? or can you install on (sprint) Pre
    It's only for the Pre2.

M.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ahhh it just crashed and burned!!! where is the ejection seat?
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Loaded build 11 yesterday and seems to be running well on my Pre2.
    where can i get F14 for my pre2 webOS 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by tapwave View Post
    where can i get F14 for my pre2 webOS 2.1.0
    Preware kernel testing feed.

-- Rod
    If the F14 kerel is loaded without Govnah as well, will the profile stay with "OnDemandTci 1400"...even when the phone is restarted or crashes?
    any timeframe for 2.1 pre2 compliance?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    any timeframe for 2.1 pre2 compliance?
    Working on it. just installed 2.1.0 on my Pre2.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Working on it. just installed 2.1.0 on my Pre2.
    Thanks!

I was trying to get the version that was compatible with 2.0.1 working, got frustrated, and gave up.... Idk how you do it dude
    any new upgrades to the f14 for 2.1? Dying to try it out but curious if you were able improve battery life etc. Thanks so much
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    sorry to report, had trouble with F14 on my Pre2 with 2.1. I couldn't launch angry birds, looks like the old too many cards error. Even weirder was when I launch preware (latest) and search for something I get a lowercase error (Sorry for not having exact error message). Did seem rediculously fast for the 2 minutes I ran it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    sorry to report, had trouble with F14 on my Pre2 with 2.1. I couldn't launch angry birds, looks like the old too many cards error. Even weirder was when I launch preware (latest) and search for something I get a lowercase error (Sorry for not having exact error message). Did seem rediculously fast for the 2 minutes I ran it though.
    I can also confirm the too many cards error on Angry Birds, NFSU, Super KO Boxing, and BIA 2.

At least card ace blackjack works

EDIT: Angry birds and all other games working after update
    Last edited by brennan7; 03/10/2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Just installed F14 on my pre2 2.1, working great scaling to 1.4GHz. PDK apps are working well too.

A++ would install again
    Last edited by suburban_war; 03/10/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Just installed on my Pre2. After installation, I clicked the prompt to restart the phone. During restart it ended up hanging on the bootie image for about 20 minutes. I went ahead and pulled the battery, fully expecting that I would have to memboot.

However, after the battery pull I was able to sucessfully start the device and its running GREAT now.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Just installed on my Pre2. After installation, I clicked the prompt to restart the phone. During restart it ended up hanging on the bootie image for about 20 minutes. I went ahead and pulled the battery, fully expecting that I would have to memboot.

However, after the battery pull I was able to sucessfully start the device and its running GREAT now.
    It happens sometimes. Switching different types of kernels without a hard boot can not properly reset the chipset fully.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Wifi issues are present with this kernel. Service just sits there an hangs.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    No joy on my Pre2 - wouldn't boot at all - got the static HP logo for about ten seconds, then the screen flicked off, then got the static logo again - repeat until battery pulled. Assume that the kernel was just resetting my device.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast