Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Wrong. Look at point 2. Ondemandctl with very low voltages works fine. Its the screenstate governor or my settings in the screenstate profile that are the problem. What settings are you using with screenstate?
    He is *not* wrong. ondemand uses diff freqs and voltages along the way. running full speed sucks a hell of alot more voltage than scaling.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Keep in mind ondemand doesnt run at full speed all the time. Lets make that clear before everyone blames screenstate for wifi not working.
    Sorry that came out wrong, I'm not trying to place blame, just give feedback.

screenstate does nothing with voltage in webOS 2.x yet. it is a simple screen off; clock down, screen on; clock up.
    So if I set a profile with screenstate 1.4GHz/300MHz, and I set 1.4GHz to use 1475mV and 300MHz to use 925mV, will it reduce the voltage when the screen is turned off?

Run it on performance gov and you'll see same result. At least I did. it is a voltage problem somewhere. Most of the time I can run screenstate with F14 with no problem at all.
    I set up a performance profile with the same voltages, and I can restart and toggle wifi.

It seems like the only thing I can do to cause wifi to lock up is to restart with a screenstate governor in place.
    He is *not* wrong. ondemand uses diff freqs and voltages along the way. running full speed sucks a hell of alot more voltage than scaling.

In all fairness, it seems I was wrong. You're saying that ondemand plays with the voltages. I had said that screenstate does and not ondemand. He's saying that he has issues with screenstate and not ondemand.

M.
  4.    #44  
    Sorry that came out wrong, I'm not trying to place blame, just give feedback.

So if I set a profile with screenstate 1.4GHz/300MHz, and I set 1.4GHz to use 1475mV and 300MHz to use 925mV, will it reduce the voltage when the screen is turned off?

I set up a performance profile with the same voltages, and I can restart and toggle wifi.

It seems like the only thing I can do to cause wifi to lock up is to restart with a screenstate governor in place.
    My testing has shown performance gov has same problems. Matter of fact, at least one time ondemand gave me a problem with WiFi. This all depends on how much voltage is being used. also screenstate is the default gov, not performance. So it gets started at kernel runtime, performance gets started after. I tested on a kernel that had performance as the default gov.

Right now my Pre2 is using screenstate and wifi is working. it is random, as the 1st users of F14 had reported.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    In all fairness, it seems I was wrong. You're saying that ondemand plays with the voltages. I had said that screenstate does and not ondemand. He's saying that he has issues with screenstate and not ondemand.

M.
    Not what i meant. ondemandtcl changes frequencies, which in turns lowers/increases the voltage according to the freq slot. F14 does no auto voltage scaling at all.

So if the cpu always clocks lower to save power, it will never run at full speed for very long.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well you were right psycho, I was just able to load the same screenstate profile from earlier and turn on wifi following a reboot. I honestly thought that I was onto something, because the wifi failed three times in a row following a reboot with a screenstate profile in place, but worked four times in a row following a reboot with an ondemandtcl profile in place.

*Anything you want me to try to help figure out this wifi problem?

*Do you think the wifi problem has to do with too high a voltage or too low a voltage?
    Not what i meant. ondemandtcl changes frequencies, which in turns lowers/increases the voltage according to the freq slot. F14 does no auto voltage scaling at all.
    Ah. OK. Thanks for the clarification. Our ducks are now in the same row, then! That's some good "Thinking Outside The Box". So you can keep giving it 110% in picking the low-hanging fruit in order to leverage the value-added deliverables. Thanks for keeping up with the action items! Moving forward, we could touch base more about this once I'm able to integrate this solution into a forthcoming deliverable.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Tried version 8.

Still going through bootloops (stopped counting at 10).

Given the success that others are having, I think the processor chip in my phone may be one of those that cant be ramped up to 1.4 GHz (similar to the original Droid chips that had issues being OC'ed to 1.1 or 1.2 GHz). Let me know if you ever release a version of this kernel that is a little slower (~ 1.2-1.3 GHz), and I will test it from there.

Thanks again for your hard work. Back to the DOCTOR.
    My pre and your pre were near eachother when they were made. Anything over 1.2 GHz and i get endless bootloops as well.
    Well you were right psycho, I was just able to load the same screenstate profile from earlier and turn on wifi following a reboot. I honestly thought that I was onto something, because the wifi failed three times in a row following a reboot with a screenstate profile in place, but worked four times in a row following a reboot with an ondemandtcl profile in place.
    Just remember that repeatable overclocking experiences on one device are not necessarily repeatable across any other device.

When you're working at the limits, each and every device is completely different in it's stability vs voltage and freq profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    was a little bummed yesterday so I decided to try out tomcat. wow thanks again for the best programs available to the webos community. Didnt reboot 1st time, but after a battery pull, working fine!!!
    Q : is there any overclocking software ..for a Pre / Pre plus running web OS 2.0? Yes I know this code right now is not 'official', but after the news from HP....and no ETA if any for webos for 1.4.5 Pre/pluses ....this is the next option until my contract expires.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Q : is there any overclocking software ..for a Pre / Pre plus running web OS 2.0? Yes I know this code right now is not 'official', but after the news from HP....and no ETA if any for webos for 1.4.5 Pre/pluses ....this is the next option until my contract expires.
    Here is your answer: http://forums.precentral.net/2841823-post1952.html
    thanks for the info. I expected as much.
    GREAT JOB UNIX, I have been running f14 for about a week and it is very nice. I tried wifi and it always works after a full reboot. When I turn off wifi and go back to my carriers data I find I have to reboot for the data to work. That said I havent turned on wifi for the past couple of days and I have really been enjoying running 1.4. My phone also didnt reboot 1st time, but after a battery pull it worked perfectly. How have things been trying to improve this kernel? Thanks again
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    GREAT JOB UNIX, I have been running f14 for about a week and it is very nice. I tried wifi and it always works after a full reboot. When I turn off wifi and go back to my carriers data I find I have to reboot for the data to work. That said I havent turned on wifi for the past couple of days and I have really been enjoying running 1.4. My phone also didnt reboot 1st time, but after a battery pull it worked perfectly. How have things been trying to improve this kernel? Thanks again
    F14 is currently being supported. New releases today. Trying to work on WiFi glitches and over-heating.
    Live free or DIE!
    Thanks for the update! Installed this kernel. Can anyone confirm if their camara works? Once I take pictures they are not saved and I can view them.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  17.    #57  
    Thanks for the update! Installed this kernel. Can anyone confirm if their camara works? Once I take pictures they are not saved and I can view them.
    What do you mean?

I just took a few pictures and I can view them.
    Live free or DIE!
    so sorry. I took a few pictures and then clicked on the thumbnail pictures in the bottom left and it would not open. I would then proceed to open the photos app and the pictures were not there.
    thanks again for your awesome work and sorry about my poor writing.
  19.    #59  
    so sorry. I took a few pictures and then clicked on the thumbnail pictures in the bottom left and it would not open. I would then proceed to open the photos app and the pictures were not there.
    thanks again for your awesome work and sorry about my poor writing.
    Are you running the latest version? I went back and took even more pics and I can view them in the thumbnail and in the photo app.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem? Corrupt flash partition?
    Live free or DIE!
    Are you running the latest version? I went back and took even more pics and I can view them in the thumbnail and in the photo app.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem? Corrupt flash partition?
    I've had similar happen a few times here on my Pre Minus. Whacking the media.db3 and forcing the indexer to recreate it fix it.

M.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast