Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    HI!

I have made a patch for an app. This patch is simply a unified diff.

I can install it on my Pre 2 with WebOSQuickInstall and it works.

But when I uninstall the patch with Preware, then the complete file is missing. So it does not restore the original file, but deletes it.

I did a similar patch a while ago and was able to install and uninstall it on my Pre 1 without problems.

The patch does not use AUPT. I could not find docs on how to create a AUPT patch file.

Does this happen because of a problem with the Pre 2? Or because a patch must use AUPT these days?

I am attaching the patch for review.

Thanks!

Thomas
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    HI!

I have made a patch for an app. This patch is simply a unified diff.

I can install it on my Pre 2 with WebOSQuickInstall and it works.

But when I uninstall the patch with Preware, then the complete file is missing. So it does not restore the original file, but deletes it.

I did a similar patch a while ago and was able to install and uninstall it on my Pre 1 without problems.

The patch does not use AUPT. I could not find docs on how to create a AUPT patch file.
    The way to create an AUPT package package is to submit it to webOS-Patches Web Portal

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The way to create an AUPT package package is to submit it to webOS-Patches Web Portal
    OK, thanks. So, there is nothing special to do in the patch itself.

I have reproduced the problem on Pre 1, Pre 2 and emulator. WebOSQuickInstall 3.14 creates a backup of the file when installing the patch, but when I uninstall it with Preware 1.5.0 or 1.5.1, the file and the backup file are being deleted.
    I believe this is just the old issue with AUPT where it deletes files. This only affects patches targeted on user-installed apps. Similar issues can be seen with the Photo Effects paches, TweetMe patches, and any other patch that affects a user-installed app.

In short, after uninstalling the patch, uninstall the app then reinstall it from the App Catalog (or wherever you got the app).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for clarifying.

Reinstalling the app can be an issue, because all your settings get lost.