Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the Bypass PIN Lock patch will work on 2.0?
    I've always wondered what this patch actually does.
    some configurations of the device enforce the pin screen whenever the screen is turned on. i have this behaviour too because of the exchange server sync.

there is a patch to bypass this pin screen.

i rolled my own patch (it only bypasses the pin within an hour and enforces the pin again when i switch it on 2 times in 3 seconds) so i pretty much know the code and suspect the patch to be easily portable due to its non-complexity unless webos 2.0 has invented new really mean ways to do it...
    Seems like i cannot find this Bypasspinlock in the Preware installed on my Pre2 ... ;-(

does anyone have a pointer to the .ipk file ?

OM007
  5.    #5  
    Patch WebOS Bypassing Lock Screen - WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-screen-2.html

PLEASE let us know if you get this functioning on 2.0. The patch currently exists on Preware for 1.45.
    Last edited by davidra; 02/17/2011 at 05:35 AM.
    so ..

looks like it working fine !

i have a Palm Pre2 unlocked , european model running webOS 2.0.0

i installed the novacom driver on my win7 64-bits, then downloaded a novaterm i found here ( Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals ) to be able to run the vi editor ..

connected the Pre2 by usb and edited the pin-assistant.jsjsjs $as$ $you$ $mentionned$ .. (Patch WebOS Bypassing Lock Screen - WebOS Internals )

reboot et voila ..

soooooooooooo good ... was getting sooooooo annoyed by the Exchange pin code ..

thanks
    I used the info over at WebOS Internals and put it in patch form. I have no way to test it though...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi Garrett92c ,

i will see if i can try your patch on one of the Pre2 in my office .. and report ..
    thanks for the effort
    I have a pre2(sprint) bypass pin works just fine. No need to worry if its going to work for you or not.
    Sprint Pre minus, it downloaded successfully and I am currently in luna restart.
    The Touchpad (ala WebOS 3.0) seems to have done away with the whole directory of the original file patched. There are a bunch more files that seem related to PIN function, many of which have the same name, just in different directories. I've been poking at trying to bypass the (exchange-mandated) PIN screen but haven't really managed to accomplish anything yet. If someone gets this working, please post it!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skrenlin View Post
    The Touchpad (ala WebOS 3.0) seems to have done away with the whole directory of the original file patched. There are a bunch more files that seem related to PIN function, many of which have the same name, just in different directories. I've been poking at trying to bypass the (exchange-mandated) PIN screen but haven't really managed to accomplish anything yet. If someone gets this working, please post it!
    Definitely on my must-have list for the TP.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Anyone had any luck figuring out how to bypass the PIN lock on the Touchpad?
    Kilroy was here.
    *bump* .. I'm another one that would really like this for TP.
    Pilot 1000 > PalmPilot Pro > Handspring Visor > Treo 700p > XV6700 > HTC-6800 > Pre- > FrankenPre2
    I have a bounty asking for people to chip in for a dev to take a look

1 tried already but could not get it to work
    check the patches forum for my thread
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    bump I would also like this on the touchpad
    Bumping this sure would like it on my TP. Works great on my pre2.
    To any interested devs - I mucked around a bit and found this (both on a 2.2.4 Pre2, and a 3.0.4 Touchpad):

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/phoneAppPinCode

There's a "source" dir under that which curiously contains a few Enyo files. Namely "PinUnlock.jsjsjs&$quot$;

I'd fix it myself if i had the slightest clue about jsjsjs $programming$, $but$ $that$ $should$ $make$ $it$ $easy$ $enough$ $for$ $someone$ $else$ $to$ $crack$ $it$.
    I've got a PalmPre2 - with 2.2.4 webOs installed. I don't find the patch (yet?) in the patches list from homebrew. also i did not find a /usr dir on the usb-mapped device (do I need to browse on the phone itself?)

...or will this patch to bypass PIN be available in the installer again at some time?

thanks for advise,
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I'm not sure yet (Wifey updated even tho I told her not to) but it looks like they might have moved the PIN code into the binary [like they did in 3.x on the TP] in 2.2.4 (Bypass PIN worked fine in 2.1).

The gotcha here is that if you had a pin set and used the Bypass PIN patch (you (or she) probably don't even remember what your/her pin was). When your wifey updates her phone even tho you warned her at least 5 times over the last month to not do any updates on her phone if it asks, um then your (um her) phone is locked and YOU are screwed. QuickInstall and/or Commandline access won't even help. Unless we can figure out how to (without getting into the phone) either remove the EAS account that is forcing the PIN/Reset the PIN/Find the current PIN/patch the binaries or new enyo pin code (whichever it is), even a Doctor/Restore won't help. The doc will wipe the phone and get it back to a working state, but any attempt to restore the profile will put the PIN requirement back.

research ensuing ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast