1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre that is deactivated, but I want to use it for it's apps capabilities. Is it possible to activate it with Boost Mobile, since I'm low on cash and can't afford a full blown Sprint contract?

I also am having trouble when I connect my Pre to my Windows XP computer. My Pre doesn't give me the option to connect as a "mass storage" device, or to "just charge." It doesn't even make the charging noise. When I connect it to the charger, it does the sound no problem. I DID however, play around with the Linux command line and once I entered a certain command, this started to happen. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I do have a fair amount of Linux experience and I was thrilled that I could send apps through my PC to the Pre without having to mess with Sprint. If I have to activate the phone, I'd prefer that it be Boost Mobile, but if not, I'll use it as just a PDA.

Thanks,

pcwiz84
    open start menu and in the search or run box type in this -- "services.msc" no quotes , then in the list that is populaed click on services , then when the page pops up scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart . dont let your phone reboot while its still plugged into your computer , when the pre shuts down for a reboot unplugg from computer and this will not happen any more . hope this helps !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwiz84 View Post
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre that is deactivated, but I want to use it for it's apps capabilities. Is it possible to activate it with Boost Mobile, since I'm low on cash and can't afford a full blown Sprint contract?
    Entirely up to Sprint. Call customer support (Boost customer support, I suppose) and ask them.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    open start menu and in the search or run box type in this -- "services.msc" no quotes , then in the list that is populated click on services , then when the page pops up scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart . don't let your phone reboot while its still plugged into your computer , when the pre shuts down for a reboot unplug from computer and this will not happen any more . hope this helps !!
    Instead of seeing my Pre as a mass storage device etc, I figured out that it wanted drivers for the "Palm Pre Passthru modem port" and the "Palm Pre Diag Port SPC=0x00A632CA" which I have no clue how to undo. Maybe that could help ya'll with what is going on with my Pre and if it can be undone.

Thanks for the responses though!!!

pcwiz84
    umm you get this issue fixed yet ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->