Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I spent 2 hours last night trying to setup Preware. Talk about frustrating.

I went from site to site, thread to thread from youtube how to to the next until my fingers got sore and still.... Nada

I ended up just paying for one in the app store, but it sucks cuz i still want PREWARE. lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What problems are you having with Preware?
    Yeah its simple really.

1. Download and run WebOS Quick Install.
    2. Turn on Developer Mode on the Pre.
    3. Connect the device to PC
    4. Go through the feeds and find PreWare
    5. Click install.

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    I spent 2 hours last night trying to setup Preware. Talk about frustrating.

I went from site to site, thread to thread from youtube how to to the next until my fingers got sore and still.... Nada

I ended up just paying for one in the app store, but it sucks cuz i still want PREWARE. lol
    Based on your signature, I don't think it was designed to run on the 755P :-D
    And your buying apps from Apples App Store instead of Palms App Catalog. Are you sure you're in the right forums?

J/K
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Based on your signature, I don't think it was designed to run on the 755P :-D
    And your buying apps from Apples App Store instead of Palms App Catalog. Are you sure you're in the right forums?

J/K
    Lol, trust me I am in the right place, I have the Palm Pre. I had owned the 755p and hadn't updated my User CP yet as I just got the phone yesterday. I'm buying from the Palm store, where did the Apple store comment come from. I don't even own an iPod.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWhite0429 View Post
    Yeah its simple really.

1. Download and run WebOS Quick Install.
    2. Turn on Developer Mode on the Pre.
    3. Connect the device to PC
    4. Go through the feeds and find PreWare
    5. Click install.

Done.
    I've tried that and I'm getting an error. I'm wondering if it is not working because I'm using my Netbook, I'm going to try it on my laptop. Who knows...

Im on a netbook as well. Hurm. What kind of error are you getting?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    What problems are you having with Preware?
    When I go to the Webos box to install, I get a
    connection refuse connect
    No Device found
    Java Exception error and tried too many times.

You might not have the novacom driver installed.

Dont plug your phone in but run a webOS Doctor (v 1.4.5 or so). When it launches, hit next a few times and a popup comes up and goes away, that's the Novacom driver. After that the Doctor will ask you to plug your phone in. Don't plug in your phone, just close the Doctor. Then you should be good to go with the driver. Try webOSQI again.

Personally speaking, I use the Preware standalone installer found here: http://get.preware.org/PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.exe
    Last edited by SirataXero; 01/04/2011 at 11:26 PM.
    The feeds were also down last night, for awhile.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    And FYI:

App store: Apple

App market: Android

App Catalogue: Palm

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

Personally speaking, I use the Preware standalone installer found here: http://get.preware.org/PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.exe
    I cannot believe it finally INSTALLED. It rebooted and I'm paranoid about turning it on. Guess I will have too since it has not restarted on its on.

Thank you so much!

What did you end up paying for in the App Catalog? There are no third-party installers in the Catalog.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    What did you end up paying for in the App Catalog? There are no third-party installers in the Catalog.
    Sure there is, and lots of them. I purchased the "My Home Keyboard" and "Talking Caller ID."

Now that I was finally able to install Preware (with the help from this forum), I will have to see what is there now before purchasing again.

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Sure there is, and lots of them. I purchased the "My Home Keyboard" and "Talking Caller ID."

Now that I was finally able to install Preware (with the help from this forum), I will have to see what is there now before purchasing again.
    Those aren't installers, just plain apps. You'll love the jump to the Pre from your 755. There are numerous getting started links here, as well as a great community overall.

Don't be afraid to try nearly anything - the Pre is nearly impossible to brick, and lots of folks here are always willing to help.

On that note, I recommend 'Save/Restore' app in Preware (not in the App Catalog).

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And FYI:

App store: Apple

App market: Android

App Catalogue: Palm

Posted from my eVo!
    Don't forget Blackberry World
    Have you updated Java? You need to have the latest version of that too.
  18.    #18  
    I cant win here. I still cannot find Virtual Keyboard in Preware! I searched it by putting the name in the search engine. The only thing that comes up under "Older" is Hebrew2go Virtual Hebrew Keyboard.

Also, I don't know if everything downloaded. I was looking at a youtube.com video and he had over 2,000 packages in his Preware file. I only have 1613 packages. How many packages should I have?

Some help anyone...

Thanks

I just typed in keyboard and its the last one in the list.
    also check the updates app on your pre to make sure you're running 1.4.5 and not an earlier version. I had sprint give me a refurb with an old OS this last time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast