Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Ah, USB tethering is not possible on Snow Leopard.

If anyone works out how to do it, I would be extremely interested.

Use BlueTooth instead.

-- Rod
    is it *just* snow leopard that it's incompatible with? or OS X in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    is it *just* snow leopard that it's incompatible with? or OS X in general?
    There was a change from 10.5 to 10.6 which broke it.

-- Rod
    So does bluetooth tethering use less power and/or run cooler than Wifi tethering?

Also, I'm completely serious about how to UNtether. I don't know how I'm still connected to the internet on my laptop right now, when freeTether Wifi has been turned OFF for about 10 minutes now. I'm not sure what else to try...

UPDATE: rebooting the pre seems to be the only way to UNtether. I just tried the same process again, and this time the wifi ON-OFF toggle works as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    So does bluetooth tethering use less power and/or run cooler than Wifi tethering?

Also, I'm completely serious about how to UNtether. I don't know why I'm still connected to the internet on my laptop right now, when freeTether Wifi has been turned OFF for about 10 minutes now. I'm not sure what else to try...
    We'll ned to wait for Ryan and/or Eric to wake to debug that one.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I tried installing the driver from here (usbnet-pre.inf), but no luck.

Is this the right driver for win7(64bit)?
    Removed link
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 03:36 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Woohoo, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on my win7 laptop!

I used the directions on here to install the MS driver
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    I found that link from here
    USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals

IT WORKS on a WIFI-less PIXI with win7. Woohoo!! (at least through USB)

Now can you get it to work in reverse and get internet on the pixi that's out-of-range connected to a laptop that has internet?
    WORKS.....but slow. BUT WORKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Woohoo, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on my win7 laptop!

I used the directions on here to install the MS driver
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    I found that link from here
    USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals

IT WORKS on a WIFI-less PIXI with win7. Woohoo!! (at least through USB)

Now can you get it to work in reverse and get internet on the pixi that's out-of-range connected to a laptop that has internet?
    Cool, glad you got it to work

Night everyone
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Warlord. Would not have found those links if you didn't post that other link.

And thanks to the whole internals team and puff. rock on. now i can surf in the car during long road trips.
    This is a little better
    Now that you can tether by bluetooth, how about fixing a method to feed my external gps bluetooth unit to my pre so I can get good solid gps signal and then tie in to Classic where I have installed Tom Tom 5 and Delorme's mapping programs but can't tie into my blue tooth. Would solve the problem with the internal blue tooth on the Verizon phone and give us a much better navigation option.
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    Now that you can tether by bluetooth, how about fixing a method to feed my external gps bluetooth unit to my pre so I can get good solid gps signal and then tie in to Classic where I have installed Tom Tom 5 and Delorme's mapping programs but can't tie into my blue tooth. Would solve the problem with the internal blue tooth on the Verizon phone and give us a much better navigation option.
    Do you realise how much of a sense of entitlement your post sounds like? Is that intentional?

-- Rod
    As with both mytether and mhs, I am sad to report iPad wifi tethering is untolerably slow. Anyone have a solution for this?

Last edited by grizzly_addams; 01/05/2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

It's eating about 1% of battery a minute but WiFi works and is fricking simple and amazing.

TYTYTYTYTYTYTY!
    Not an entitlement, just an application I would be willing to pay dinero for just to avoid having to shell out $10.00 bucks a month to verizon. That is 120 a year and would certainly be worth while to many user to have this option. It was just an idea. Sorry if I offended you Rod. I just assumed that these guys seem to have the ability to do something that no one else has tried to accomplish.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Looks great guys, thanks so much. A bit of a bump turning off and back on but letting it sit a minute seems to have let it finish what ever tasks remain in progress and its fine here. I also note that on startup it seems to acquire internet access, lose it, and a moment later regain it. Thereafter its solid.

It is possible that my up, down, up behavior is not in the app or the pre at all, but in my AT&T Microcell, which has some flakeyness all on its own. I'll have to try it away from the house.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    Not an entitlement, just an application I would be willing to pay dinero for just to avoid having to shell out $10.00 bucks a month to verizon. That is 120 a year and would certainly be worth while to many user to have this option. It was just an idea. Sorry if I offended you Rod. I just assumed that these guys seem to have the ability to do something that no one else has tried to accomplish.
    No harm, no foul. It just sounded that way as I read it, so I figured I'd check if the tone was not being conveyed in the way you intended.

I'm not sure whether anyone on the team has Classic ...

-- Rod
    to everyone reporting slow speeds: realize that you will get less than 2 mbps down and probably around 400-800 up. that's an issue with evdo maximum speeds, not the tethering app