Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Good news.... It works!
    Bad news.... It's slow

Really bad news.... It broke MHS

When I first installed, I had MHS running and like a tart, I opened free Tether. I couldn't Turn off MHS so I ended up rebooting. After a reboot, I opened free Tether, and connected no problem, I ran the above speed test.
    Then, I closed free Tether and opened MHS. Now, I get the pop-up that says "No Sharing Service Sharing an Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help."

I am running MHS 1.0.14 since the upgrade caused me to loose my internet sharing and resulted in a trip to the Dr. Maybe I should attempt to upgrade?

Edit:
    Another speed test, more respectable!

I don't do the twitter thing & I didn't read the 5 pages of this thread before I installed, so I missed the part about uninstalling the old free Tether first. Once I uninstalled that, MHS still doesn't work, but I'm also no longer getting the error message.
    Last edited by prolongexistence; 01/05/2011 at 02:49 AM.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    So great! :-D

I'm running WebOS 2, tried to install MHS, but it doesn't work, now I can remove it now.
    Douh
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 02:21 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    USB Speed.

Is that why it states Insight as ISP instead of RNDIS

I know its connecting with blue-tooth because if I turn off BT I have no connection.
    Turn off wifi, enable 3G and then check the speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Turn off wifi, enable 3G and then check the speed.
    Douh

No need to test that here. I know how slow my connection is.
    Lucky to get 1x ltm
    tested and works
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 02:22 AM.

This is pretty sweet I'm writing this from my laptop, tethered via Wifi. Speed is comparable to the speed I get on Sprint's 3G network on the pre.

One interesting thing that I noticed: when using the WPA2 Personal security setting for the Wifi hotspot, neither the DHCP Server nor the IP Forwarding lights turn on, and nothing shows up in the Connections tab. If I leave the wifi hotspot open, though, then the lights come on and the Connections tab shows that there is a device connected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's supposed to work.
    OK, managed to install on my sprint wifi-less pixi.
    I have no BT on my comp. So trying the USB.
    Had same prob warlord had about which drivers wouldnt install. But restarted and it seemed fine.
    Plugged in usb. Started up the app and turned off wifi on my laptop then toggled "USB" on the app.
    2 little green lights in app go on, but nothing happens on my laptop. No internet connection.
    Is there supposed to be any indication on the laptop on whether i'm connected or not. Thnks
    Had same prob warlord had about which drivers wouldnt install. But restarted and it seemed fine.
    Plugged in usb. Started up the app and turned off wifi on my laptop then toggled "USB" on the app.
    2 little green lights in app go on, but nothing happens on my laptop. No internet connection.
    Is there supposed to be any indication on the laptop on whether i'm connected or not. Thnks
    Yes you should see a connection in your Network setting that states RNDIS Gadget on your laptop
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    This is pretty sweet I'm writing this from my laptop, tethered via Wifi. Speed is comparable to the speed I get on Sprint's 3G network on the pre.

One interesting thing that I noticed: when using the WPA2 Personal security setting for the Wifi hotspot, neither the DHCP Server nor the IP Forwarding lights turn on, and nothing shows up in the Connections tab. If I leave the wifi hotspot open, though, then the lights come on and the Connections tab shows that there is a device connected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's supposed to work.
    Use a passphrase of 8 or more characters.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Install the Driver in the link I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use a passphrase of 8 or more characters.

-- Rod
    It appeared to be a glitch. I did have a passphrase that was longer than 8 characters. After I quit the freeTether and relaunched it, both the lights came on and the Connections tab is showing a device connected. So it looks like you just need to quit & relaunch the app after the initial switch for Wifi settings from an open hot-spot to a WPA-protected one.

On to USB... I still haven't been able to get it working. I've tried each of the 5 combos (UMS, UMS + NOVACOM, etc.) and none of them work. I'm not sure what those settings mean exactly...
    I've tried each of the 5 combos (UMS, UMS + NOVACOM, etc.) and none of them work. I'm not sure what those settings mean exactly...
    Neither do I

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Neither do I

-- Rod
    Damn, your on a roll tonight

One more thing... How exactly do you UNtether? I had my laptop and another pre tethered via Wifi.

Right now, as I'm typing this post, the toggle for Wifi tethering is in the "OFF" position in freeTether. I'm still connected. Huh?

UPDATE: Putting my pre on Airplane Mode = no tethering, as expected. Turning off Airplane Mode, with freeTether Wifi tethering Off, the IP Forwarding light is on and tethering is on again. Really strange...
    It appeared to be a glitch. I did have a passphrase that was longer than 8 characters. After I quit the freeTether and relaunched it, both the lights came on and the Connections tab is showing a device connected. So it looks like you just need to quit & relaunch the app after the initial switch for Wifi settings from an open hot-spot to a WPA-protected one.

On to USB... I still haven't been able to get it working. I've tried each of the 5 combos (UMS, UMS + NOVACOM, etc.) and none of them work. I'm not sure what those settings mean exactly...
    Did all the drivers install correctly???
    Go into Device Manager and look to see if all drivers installed

Attached Images Attached Images

One more thing... How exactly do you UNtether? I had my laptop and another pre tethered via Wifi.

Right now, as I'm typing this post, the toggle for Wifi tethering is in the "OFF" position in freeTether. I'm still connected. Huh?
    Oh, you want it to tether *and* untether ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Did all the drivers install correctly???
    Go into Device Manager and look to see if all drivers installed
    Which drivers are you referring to? I've been trying to find documentation about USB Tethering but haven't found anything yet. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6 on my laptop if that matters...
    Sorry I on Intel

Which drivers are you referring to? I've been trying to find documentation about USB Tethering but haven't found anything yet. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6 on my laptop if that matters...
    Go here and read please
    USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

Ah, USB tethering is not possible on Snow Leopard.

If anyone works out how to do it, I would be extremely interested.

Use BlueTooth instead.

-- Rod
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast