Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Close that dialogue, go to device manager, find the RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, and do a manual install by choosing the device driver to install for it. Check the box which aloows all device drivers to be listed, then scroll down to Microsoft or Microsoft corporation and find the device driver manually. Don't use any of the devices containing gadget from "this" list of drivers..There's two that work. One is called something like Remote RNDIS Ethernet Device the other is called something like RNDIS Ethernet device.
    Working on it now.
    But i'm running win7 64.
    Found a 32bit but that a no go
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    is there an explanation of the different usb settings? which is the recommended setting?
    Is it always going to come up freeTether on the device you are going to connect to or can you change it?
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I just figured out how to change its name and give it a password. Great job.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    is there an explanation of the different usb settings? which is the recommended setting?
    If you just tap the usb toggle on it will turn usbnet on, which is the one you really need. Most likey USBNET + UMS + NOVACOM mode will be the mode you want to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    Is it always going to come up freeTether on the device you are going to connect to or can you change it?
    Tap the wifi row to modify wifi AP settings.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I have the old setup working, is there any reason to change?
    I'm having trouble adding the feeds (both via preware on my pre and in WOSQI 3.14, In the later, I get a message saying "Invalid URL", In the former, the feeds seem to be recognized but even after updating the feeds I'm seeing no version of freetether.

I think I followed the instructions correctly but I'm tired right now. Rod's instructions say not to include the trailing slash. Is this still correct?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    this is a newb question if I have verizon with the 5gb free mobile hotspot and I use freetether will it come out of my 5GB cap or would it be different?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I installed 0.99.6 manually (via Preware with the file on the USB drive) on my Sprint Pre (with UC 800 MHz Screenstate) and so far it's working (I removed MHS and freetetherd 0.0.3 before the install).

Wi-Fi feels a bit slow (compared to MHS) but USB rocks (with default setting I found: USBNET + USM + Novacom). I'm getting unexpected speedtest.net results.

EDIT: I just realized that my Pre's Wi-Fi was still on and it was connected to my router. So with the USB tether my laptop was actually using the Pre's Wi-Fi rather than 3G. Attached is the updated speedtest.net result with Wi-Fi turned off (now showing Sprint as ISP and not Comcast).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by STBXXL; 01/05/2011 at 12:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Wow! Installed loaded app choose WiFi - and BINGO!, I'm posting from my NOOKcolor! Very Nice!
    Mine on WiFi will not stay on. Push the slider to on and it goes for a second then reverts back to off. It worked for a couple min though.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    When turning USB on and after Drivers install. This is what I get.

Is this OK ???

Found this and now I'm posting from my USB Tethered phone
    USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

Damn fast too.
    Thanks to all of the WebOS Internals crew
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 01:09 AM.

13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Mine on WiFi will not stay on. Push the slider to on and it goes for a second then reverts back to off. It worked for a couple min though.
    wpa passphrase needs to be 8 char or greater.... future release will make that more obvious
    Thanks Magic.
    One thing I did notices was, it did not list my computer as connected.
    But it worked just fine.

17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Muahhaha...

18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    One thing I did notices was, it did not list my computer as connected.
    But it worked just fine.
    There is not 'easy' way to detect a usb connection so we left it out for now. BT and WiFi have authentication/handshake procedures that make concrete connect/disconnect events.
    For the life of me I am not seeing this in the preware testing feeds. Actually I am only seeing 3 applications in WebOS Internals Testing:
    "Show Properties", "SETS", and "Dev Toolbox"

any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmox View Post
    For the life of me I am not seeing this in the preware testing feeds. Actually I am only seeing 3 applications in WebOS Internals Testing:
    "Show Properties", "SETS", and "Dev Toolbox"

any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    You should re-read the Wiki page more carefully before starting alpha testing ...

-- Rod
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast