Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536
  1.    #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I had the same problem.

You are on the right track.

Starting with .12, set the USB prefs to the setting you mentioned.
    Close and reopen the app to verify it saved it if you wish.

Then go to Preware (or other method) and update to the latest version. Once picking the usb setting under version .12, it will stick going forward (especially since you can't change it in later versions).

Then you should be all set.

I had set mine to just the USB mode (which would give me access to the USB drive). I didn't use the USBnet options. So I went back to an old version, changed the setting to the one with all the options under USB and then upgraded. It's been working ever since.

Hope that helps some.
    Are the people with USB tethering issues on webos 1.x or 2.x?
    for working USB tethering in >.12 i think is need over novaterm or terminal in palm run this to enable USBNet:
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    i have USBNet stable enabled, and not have any problem with USB terhering (used with Ubuntu) with any version of FT from first public version over all released version to .15...
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Are the people with USB tethering issues on webos 1.x or 2.x?
    I had that prior to meta-doctoring to 2.1
    When I meta-doctored, the freeTether version out was at that time .13 and worked straight away for me under webOS 2.1

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Thanks Oakridge_ourdoors that did the job.
    PuffTheMagic I'm still on 1.x
    Quote Originally Posted by larryflynt2k View Post
    Thanks Oakridge_ourdoors that did the job.
    PuffTheMagic I'm still on 1.x
    You're welcome.
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536