Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If anyone works out how to do it, I would be extremely interested.
    -- Rod
    I don't have Free-tether loaded on my Pre2, am using MHS, but would this help you Rod?

Tethering AT&T Blackberry BOLD via USB on Mac OSX 10.6 - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 03/14/2011 at 05:14 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned, but here is the problem I'm having. freeTether works great on my meta-doctored 2.1.0 sprint pre-, accept it won't allow me to change the wifi settings...everything reverts to defaults after making changes. I would really like to be able to use freeTether, but can't without the encryption turned on...has anybody else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned, but here is the problem I'm having. freeTether works great on my meta-doctored 2.1.0 sprint pre-, accept it won't allow me to change the wifi settings...everything reverts to defaults after making changes. I would really like to be able to use freeTether, but can't without the encryption turned on...has anybody else had this problem?
    It has numerous times in the past few pages. The problem has something to do with freeTether not saving the cookie correctly.

There are workarounds to make it stick. Can't remember off the top of my head. Check back a few pages and you'll find it.

Edit: Some people are having success changing the settings to what they want, closing the app, and reopening the app and it appears to stick. Maybe that would help you...?
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/17/2011 at 07:40 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Eaaasy

Al the switches off
    Go to the wifi settings
    Set them as you like
    Close the settings window
    Close FreeTether
    Open FreeTether again
    Confirm the settings are there
    Activate Wifi tethering
    Enjoy

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Freetether and IPod Touch seems to be VERY slow. Great speeds when using my laptop with it but the IPod is painfully slow. Almost unusable. Any idea why? Had the same problem with MyTether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Freetether and IPod Touch seems to be VERY slow. Great speeds when using my laptop with it but the IPod is painfully slow. Almost unusable. Any idea why? Had the same problem with MyTether.
    It is a known issue with Apple products seemingly having slow speed with freeTether any kind of webOS tethering! .

I don't think an answer was ever found yet.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/18/2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It is a known issue with Apple products seemingly having slow speed with freeTether.

I don't think an answer was ever found yet.
    Apple products have trouble with tethering in general. FreeTether, MHS, and MyTether had that problem.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Apple products have trouble with tethering in general. FreeTether, MHS, and MyTether had that problem.
    Ha ha. Ok. I fixed my post!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    It appears an update is in preware that fixes the cookie issue of the app not saving your settings!

Sweet. Thanks guys!
  10.    #670  
    It appears an update is in preware that fixes the cookie issue of the app not saving your settings!

Sweet. Thanks guys!
    Sorry it's taken so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long.
    No problem. Life happens, just keep up the great work.

I'll update the Wiki when I get a chance tomorrow.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Amazing app, thanks so much. Just started using it this weekend and now you have fixed the only bug I was aware of. Amazing!
    I haven't been able to get connected to the internet from my netbook since I doctored last week. Before that, freeTether worked fine.

I've got a Win7 (32-bit) netbook. Nothing changed and it handles WOSQI, recognizes my VZW Pre2, etc. It tethered fine before using FreeTether (and MHS on my old Pre+).

My phone is a Pre2 running 2.0.1. As far as I know it stopped working before I added all my usual preware patches and goodness. If anyone knows of a patch that prevents it from working? Maybe the logging muffle patches? Dunno. I just don't want to go back and doctor until I've done a good job of identifying the issue. But I don't seem to have any good ideas beyond uninstalling/reinstalling FreeTether, updating it to the version that just came out, etc. and the troubleshooting in windows.

Basically I can connect to the phone, but it says the connection doesn't have a valid connection to the internet. It connects fine through other hotspots. The phone itself has no problem loading pages, so there is something about my environment where the PC traffic is stopped at the phone, and the phone is blocking it while allowing traffic from the phone to low to the internet.

Anyone had this issue, have ideas about what else I can try, and perhaps any patches that could be in the way? Most of the patches I am using are related to the Advanced framework and Advanced menus. This exact config worked fine before doctoring, btw.

Thanks!
    For clarification, you trying to USB or WIFI tether?

Are you able to try a different computer tethered to your device instead of the netbook as to rule out the device?

If it works with another laptop/netbook/what have you, it would be safe to assume the problem is on your netbook.

The only thing I have seen similar to this is when one or all of the networking settings, drivers, etc... are not working as they should in Win7; mainly when the network and sharing center in Win7 shows the connection as an "Unidentified" network.

Have you tried with the Win firewall turned off? Are you getting a dhcp address on your netbook from your device?

Just throwing a few things out there...

What are the chances of Sprint detecting this app similiar to the way AT&T recently did w/ tethering and forcing customers to pay for the tether addon?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    What are the chances of Sprint detecting this app similiar to the way AT&T recently did w/ tethering and forcing customers to pay for the tether addon?
    next to none.
    The original Mobile Hot Spot and Bluetooth tethering options use a different method of sending the traffic to the provider, as they are able to see if several ip address are connecting. FreeTether and myTether use NATs, so the provider only sees one address connecting.

Am I right?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    For clarification, you trying to USB or WIFI tether?

Are you able to try a different computer tethered to your device instead of the netbook as to rule out the device?

If it works with another laptop/netbook/what have you, it would be safe to assume the problem is on your netbook.

The only thing I have seen similar to this is when one or all of the networking settings, drivers, etc... are not working as they should in Win7; mainly when the network and sharing center in Win7 shows the connection as an "Unidentified" network.

Have you tried with the Win firewall turned off? Are you getting a dhcp address on your netbook from your device?

Just throwing a few things out there...
    I will have to track down another wifi PC... but it's interesting to note that I can tether successfully via bluetooth... does that tell us anything?
    PS, turning the windows firewall completely off didn't have an effect. Is there anything else I can try on the Windows side? The network/sharing center says that the network I'm connected to (my Pre2) doesn't have access to the internet.

This is really strange. I'm open to ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I will have to track down another wifi PC... but it's interesting to note that I can tether successfully via bluetooth... does that tell us anything?
    Sure. Going back to what I said, it most likely has to do with the network sharing center in win7 or a driver issue.

Maybe retrying the driver setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    PS, turning the windows firewall completely off didn't have an effect. Is there anything else I can try on the Windows side? The network/sharing center says that the network I'm connected to (my Pre2) doesn't have access to the internet.

This is really strange. I'm open to ideas.
    That is the issue. You almost need to delete that connection/driver/setup and start over. I'm not in front of either of my win7 computers to look up info for you. When I do I can post back what I find.