Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    When I run this, it flashes on the screen and doesn't stay long enough for me to take a screenshot or even see it.

I guess I will just settle for USB tethering...I just can't understand why it won't connect.
    just type cmd. It opens the black box. Then type the rest.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Did you open a command box first? If you just type 'ipconfig /all' at the Run dialog then yes, it will flash the info and immediately close. If you open a command box first, so you get a good old fashioned c:\> prompt then you will be able to see the results. In both XP and Vista, its Start>Accessories>Command Prompt. No clue about win7

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    open a cmd box, start run cmd, and type "ipconfig /all" in your xp machine and your win7. If you post the results, might be able to see what's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Did you open a command box first? If you just type 'ipconfig /all' at the Run dialog then yes, it will flash the info and immediately close. If you open a command box first, so you get a good old fashioned c:\> prompt then you will be able to see the results. In both XP and Vista, its Start>Accessories>Command Prompt. No clue about win7
    Thank you to everyone who's helping out!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is this while it is connected to your phone?

do the same under xp, the one that works.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    is this while it is connected to your phone?

do the same under xp, the one that works.
    Sorry...here are 2 new pics while both are connected. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry...here are 2 new pics while both are connected. Thanks.
    It looks like win7 is not renewing it's dhcp lease, after you reconnect it.

try to type in the cmd box in win7

"ipconfig /release"

then when it's done:

"ipconfig /renew"
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

"ipconfig /release"

then when it's done:

"ipconfig /renew"

Looks like that worked! Thank you so much. Is this something I will have to do often or should it be a permanent fix? Thanks again!!!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

"ipconfig /release"

then when it's done:

"ipconfig /renew"
    Thanks for the fix. It is looking like I have to do this release/renew routine each time I switch between my home internet and freetether....I have no problem doing that, but do you know a permanent fix so I can seamlessly go between the two like I do with other wireless connections where it just connects?

Thanks again...
    Thanks for the fix. It is looking like I have to do this release/renew routine each time I switch between my home internet and freetether....I have no problem doing that, but do you know a permanent fix so I can seamlessly go between the two like I do with other wireless connections where it just connects?

Thanks again...
    For some reason win7 is not recognizing the differences in the wireless networks. The usb adapter is probably not reporting the ssid correctly. Check for an updated driver??

I would also go into that adapters settings and disable the ipV6 stuff. Unless you actually need it. You do it by "changing adapter settings" - left side of the "network & sharing center" in win7

I'd have to actually be there to find the root cause, so it's just best guesses from here.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Looks like that worked! Thank you so much. Is this something I will have to do often or should it be a permanent fix? Thanks again!!!!
    IIRC, the Windows networking troubleshooter does the same thing
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Everytime I Go To The "Wifi Prefs" Portion of The freeTether App, I'm Able To Edit Both The Network Name & The Security Prefs, (From Open to WPA2 Personal)

I Then Return To The Main Screen Where The "Tethered Interfaces" Are Listed & Turn On The "Wifi" Toggle But As Soon As I Connect Another Device eg: My Laptop To The freeTether Service My Edited/ Preferred Network Name & Security Prefs Revert To The Default Setting, Listing An Open/Unsecured "freeTether" Wifi Connection As The My Only Option...

I've Closed The App Tried The Steps Mentioned Above Various Times, Done A Device Restart & Still The Same Thing... I've Also Properly Downloaded The App From The "webos-testing feed" opposed To Downloading The App As An ipk via WOSQI...& I Don't Have Any Other Tethering Apps Installed What Am I Doing Wrong??
    "Apathy Is Acquired, Not Inherited" - Dominic Eugene
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    Do what I did:

-Open app.
    -Change wifi settings without turning on tethering.
    -Close app.
    -Reopen and use to your heart's content.
    Thanks This Worked Perfectly!!!!
    "Apathy Is Acquired, Not Inherited" - Dominic Eugene
    Has anyone noticed that devmode and freetether don't play along well?

This happens in 2.1:

Enable devmode
    Open freetether, and have everything turned off.
    Plug Pre
    Dev mode works fine

Unplug Pre
    Enable USB tethering
    Plug Pre
    Networking works fine
    Dev mode won't connect

Now do the following:
    Disable Dev Mode
    Enable Dev Mode
    Dev Mode and Networking works fine

And at last:
    Disable USB Tethering.....................

And the Pre crashes
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    NuttyBunny: for me with 2.1 on Pre-, Pre crashed if i enable USB Tethering without enabled usbnet before.
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    NuttyBunny: for me with 2.1 on Pre-, Pre crashed if i enable USB Tethering without enabled usbnet before.
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    It's supposed to enable usbnet wnenever you flip the switch. I suppose you tried reinstalling it
    I had a little time this evening to test out freeTether on my webOS 2.1 Sprint Pre-.

Client computers tested: Win7SP1 Pro (x86 and x64), Windows XPSP3 x86)

WIFI tethering both open and secure works.
    USB tethering works (after driver installs following the step listed on the wiki)

Note: For me, the initial tethering of USB crashed my Pre. It sent the device into a reboot. After the reboot, opening freeTether and toggling on USB again and all was good.

These are just my findings. Your results may vary.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It's supposed to enable usbnet wnenever you flip the switch. I suppose you tried reinstalling it
    ok

i reinstall freeTether, disable usbnet, reboot:
    - enable USB tethering, networking work ok, Pre don't crash
    - novaterm brooken
    - disable USB tethering, replug Pre
    - novaterm brooken
    - /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled not exists
    - connect over ssh work ok

i enable usbnet, reboot:
    - enable USB tethering, networking work ok, Pre don't crash
    - novaterm ok
    - disable USB tethering
    - novaterm ok
    - replug Pre
    - novaterm ok
    - /var/gadget/usbnet_enabled exists

try enable usbnet and devmode maybe don't stop work for you
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Suggestion: ability to remember connected MAC addresses and name them
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Suggestion: ability to remember connected MAC addresses and name them
    You should post that suggestion to the project on the redmine site. See the Wiki for the link. Then when the devs get back to the project they'll be more apt to see it there then on these pages.
    Are there different drivers to enable usbnetworking on the Pre 2?