Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Will freeTether have the ability to track data consumption? Netstat never worked very well for me, just want to keep an eye on my monthy 5GB cap
    I believe one of the devs mentioned some pages ago that the ability to monitor usage was coming in a future version, unless I'm mistaken.

you could post that on the bug/feature request webpage for good measure (see wiki for link)
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 02/26/2011 at 07:54 PM.
  2. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    will bluetooth tethering work with android devices? if not, what is needed to make this work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    will bluetooth tethering work with android devices? if not, what is needed to make this work?
    I think BT tethering to other phones is dependent on the BT support in each device.

Maybe WIFI tethering would be a better option if the android device has WIFI or unless your trying this from a pixi.
  4. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm using a Pixi
    Makes sense now.

I know that you can't BT tether from a pre to pre/pixi, etc... so from pixi to android might not work.
    Does freeTether work on a Sprint Pre- running 2.1? If not, is there any other tethering solution? I don't want to doctor my Pre to 2.1 yet if there's no WiFi tethering solution for it.
    The OP states support for 1.4.5 and 2.x.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The OP states support for 1.4.5 and 2.x.x.
    Yes, but 2.1 hadn't been released when that post was last edited, so I want to make sure it's up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Yes, but 2.1 hadn't been released when that post was last edited, so I want to make sure it's up to date.
    I'd like to think that when the dev typed out 2.x.x, that meant it would cover 2.1.

I can't say for certain, just going by what the OP says.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Does freeTether work on a Sprint Pre- running 2.1? If not, is there any other tethering solution? I don't want to doctor my Pre to 2.1 yet if there's no WiFi tethering solution for it.
    I can confirm via personal experience that freeTether does indeed work on a Sprint Pre- running webOS 2.1
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I've been reading through this thread for 90 minutes now and haven't found a solution to my problem...I apologize if it's been reported.

I can't get my Win7 (64 bit) to connect via Wifi. Every time I try, it says a connection can't be established. Is there something (setting or add on) that I am missing?

I also have an older computer running XP and that will connect.

My Win7 is my primary computer that I travel with and would love to get the Wifi tethering working.

Palm Pre on Sprint...WebOS 1.45

Thanks.
    Last edited by tfracs33; 03/03/2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I've been reading through this thread for 90 minutes now and haven't found a solution to my problem...I apologize if it's been reported.

I can't get my Win7 (64 bit) to connect via Wifi. Every time I try, it says a connection can't be established. Is there something (setting or add on) that I am missing?

I also have an older computer running XP and that will connect.

My Win7 is my primary computer that I travel with and would love to get the Wifi tethering working.

Thanks.
    Encrypted or open connection?

In Windows, Start > search "manage wireless networks"
    Then, delete any networks that aren't ones you use often. Then try the hotspot again.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Then, delete any networks that aren't ones you use often. Then try the hotspot again.
    Open connection. I've also tried with an encrypted...just won't connect. Trying your solution now.

Update: I deleted networks that I haven't been using...it seems likes it's connected, but won't access the internet
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Open connection. I've also tried with an encrypted...just won't connect. Trying your solution now.

Update: I deleted networks that I haven't been using...it seems likes it's connected, but won't access the internet
    Anyone else with suggestions? I have a business trip to leave for tomorrow and would love to get this working by then. Thanks!
    I'm trying to tether using my USB but I can't seem to find the appropriate driver. I first attempted having windows search for the driver (never works) and that failed. Then I googled around and found a "jetspeed RNDIS Driver" on CNET, but all the links I found for that driver seem to no longer be valid.

Does anyone know where I can find what I need?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Sometimes when I would use the hotspot, the 3G data connection is turned off. Make sure the data radio is turned on, you want to see the 3G icon up top
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    It's on...l can connect with my WinXP, just not my Win7 (64 bit)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Now that is strange... Have you run the network troubleshooter? Reinstalled wireless drivers?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    It's on...l can connect with my WinXP, just not my Win7 (64 bit)
    open a cmd box, start run cmd, and type "ipconfig /all" in your xp machine and your win7. If you post the results, might be able to see what's wrong.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    open a cmd box, start run cmd, and type "ipconfig /all" in your xp machine and your win7. If you post the results, might be able to see what's wrong.
    When I run this, it flashes on the screen and doesn't stay long enough for me to take a screenshot or even see it.

I guess I will just settle for USB tethering...I just can't understand why it won't connect.