Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 705
  1. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #601  
    Thanks to all of you guys who put this together. As much as I would love to participate in the Alpha/Beta testing, my Pre's a daily-driver (so, I would have a hard time matching test-feed rule #1).

    A question for those of you currently working through the tests: are any of you owners of the Chapura PocketMirror software? If so, have you encountered any incompatibilities/conflicts between FreeTether and PocketMirror? My assumption is that FreeTether will need to be 'off' before using PocketMirror, however, I hope that is the extent of any issues.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  2. #602  
    Isn't this stable enough to come out of the testing feeds yet? I don't think there's been an update in many weeks.. when is the public release planned?
  3. #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Isn't this stable enough to come out of the testing feeds yet? I don't think there's been an update in many weeks.. when is the public release planned?
    Personally.. I would say it's close. They have to clean up some things from the looks of it (e.g. cookies issue, etc...).

    Otherwise, freeTether has been rock solid for me on both WIFI and USB tethering.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #604  
    Just wanted to note that I have the issue where freeTether and the Verizon Mobile Hotspot dont work together, which i Think is listed Here.

    My billing period is up and my data limit reset so i went to go back to the VZ hotspot and it kept telling me i needed internet sharing enabled on my phone in order for it to work, so i removed freeTether and it started working again. (This was before i saw the above linked issue,)

    Otherwise FT has been awesome and ive had no problems with it. ^-^
    (ya know, besides that odd waiting for connection bit, :P)
  5. #605  
    Just installed freetether and it's working as expected on my win7 laptop over USB. Networking speeds were actually better than expected with my crappy reception in this area (it was faster than some hotel wifi I've used...).

    Just wanted to say thanks, and to let you know that thus far I have no issues with tethering via USB on a Win7 x64 laptop.
  6. scottw911's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #606  
    Unfortunately, I am one of the types that loves to jump in and try something new, even if my current solution works just fine. In the case of freeTether, I have waited until now.

    I have uninstalled freether v.0.0.1, freetherD v.0.0.3 and Mobile Hotspot v.1.1.4 from my Sprint Pre-. All were functioning just fine.

    I then installed freeTether v.99.13. Now I'm screwed. I have restarted, save my new wifi prefs, gotten the PC (Windows XP) to connect but there is no data transfer. Rather than try and read through all 604 posts here to find my problem, I figured I would just revert to what has worked so far. Now, I have no access to freetether v0.0.1 or to freetetherD via Preware.

    Is it possible to go back or am I hosed here? Am I missing something to get the data to actually transfer? My home wifi is WAP, not WAP2 and the security settings on the PC don't offer up an option for WAP2. Is this my problem?
  7. #607  
    freeTether ROCKS!!! Thanks for the super work! Donation made.

    My tether details:

    Palm Pre Plus Verizon tethered to Asus Netbook XP Home SP3
    using USB and
    also using WiFi (open network - will test closed later)

    Having problem with Bluetooth - Netbook wants to pair with the discovered Pre (driver previously installed) - and the paring fails because there is no way to verify or notify of verification on the Pre.

    I am sure I am doing something wrong here, but nopt sure - and the Wiki has NO instructions

    Help?
    The true spirit of America: "Let's roll!!"
    ============================

    SilverBack
  8. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #608  
    Try using AES instead of TKIP if you can select that in your wireless client settings on the computer. Or try TKIP instead of AES...for some reason, the security TYPE is not being identified properly by some computers.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottw911 View Post
    Unfortunately, I am one of the types that loves to jump in and try something new, even if my current solution works just fine. In the case of freeTether, I have waited until now.

    I have uninstalled freether v.0.0.1, freetherD v.0.0.3 and Mobile Hotspot v.1.1.4 from my Sprint Pre-. All were functioning just fine.

    I then installed freeTether v.99.13. Now I'm screwed. I have restarted, save my new wifi prefs, gotten the PC (Windows XP) to connect but there is no data transfer. Rather than try and read through all 604 posts here to find my problem, I figured I would just revert to what has worked so far. Now, I have no access to freetether v0.0.1 or to freetetherD via Preware.

    Is it possible to go back or am I hosed here? Am I missing something to get the data to actually transfer? My home wifi is WAP, not WAP2 and the security settings on the PC don't offer up an option for WAP2. Is this my problem?
  9. #609  
    Sorry if my question is an area that already been touched on, but I've looked through most of this thread without finding a definite answer.

    Will freeTether and Verizon hotspot coexist on a Verizon Pixi Plus? I see the guide says to uninstall mobile hotspot, but in the thread the people who seemed to have problems and need to do that were on Sprint phones who had ported the Verizon software. Is it the same situation if you are on a Verizon phone?

    I'd like to have a backup for the 5GB hotspot I could BT tether to a Mac using "regular" data. I might actually just ditch the hotspot if bluetooth turns out to be the better option for battery life.
    Last edited by BurtReynolds; 02/24/2011 at 08:19 PM.
  10. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #610  
    I've noticed lots of questions here but it seems like the developer hasn't posted anything in 3+ weeks. Wondering if he got busy with something else and if there's any plan to continue to develop this app in the near future?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I've noticed lots of questions here but it seems like the developer hasn't posted anything in 3+ weeks. Wondering if he got busy with something else and if there's any plan to continue to develop this app in the near future?
    While I can't speak for the developers and it is true they have not posted much as of late, I would say that life probably has some other things that are keeping them busy right now.

    On their bug/feature request webpage, they have webOS 2.x features and such lined up, so I think it's safe to say that development will continue, just when they get some time.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 02/25/2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: rewording

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    While I can't speak for the developers and it is true they have not posted much as of late, I would say that life probably has some other things that are keeping them busy right now.

    On their bug/feature request webpage, they have webOS 2.x features and such lined up, so I think it's safe to say that development will continue, just when they get some time.
    Huh, can't seem to find their bug/feature request webpage, mind posting a link to that?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  13. #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Huh, can't seem to find their bug/feature request webpage, mind posting a link to that?
    You're in luck. Just as I have created some wiki pages for Sconix's app and patches, I have done so as well for freeTether. I'll admit the link to Redmine (site used for bug/feature requests) is on the wiki, but not really clear. I will fix that.

    Wiki
    Redmine

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You're in luck. Just as I have created some wiki pages for Sconix's app and patches, I have done so as well for freeTether. I'll admit the link to Redmine (site used for bug/feature requests) is on the wiki, but not really clear. I will fix that.

    Wiki
    Redmine

    Thanks for that. I took a look at Redmine and wanted to add a feature, but I can't see a way - are you the only person who gets to add? If so, can I give you a feature request?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  15. #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Thanks for that. I took a look at Redmine and wanted to add a feature, but I can't see a way - are you the only person who gets to add? If so, can I give you a feature request?
    You have to register on the site. (top right corner of page)
    Then you can login and submit bug/feature requests.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  16. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #616  
    Duh! Never mind, I figured it out!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  17. #617  
    I understand this may qualify me as a loser but I am a bit frustrated. I had to uninstall Mobile Hotspot because it stopped working with my old XP notebook and I suspect Sprint may have messed with me...never know for sure.

    I am now having the same problem with Freetether that I often have with Homebrew apps that are not yet regular apps. I read the great instructions to install freetether and it is now on my Pre. I hooked up a cable to my new Win 7 HP notebook and my Pre. I figured out for myself that I had to select "just charge" and there is the rub. My new Win 7 notebook does not seem to know it is connected to my Pre for tethering and I can not find any connection indication on the notebook. There are copious instructions for downloading and installing freetether but where are the instructions for using it?

    I deeply appreciate all the hard work that goes into these homebrew apps and patches, etc. I have donated to show my appreciation. I would really appreciate some "user instructions" for freetether as I am getting nowhere on my own. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"
  18. #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyrInFL View Post
    ...There are copious instructions for downloading and installing freetether but where are the instructions for using it?
    ........I would really appreciate some "user instructions" for freetether as I am getting nowhere on my own. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    If by copious instructions you mean the wiki, then you're in the right spot.
    The wiki has a Usage section detailing how to use and configure freeTether.

    As for USB tethering which seems to be what your trying to do, there is a link on the wiki in the Usage: USB Tethering section that gives instructions on how to setup the drivers for various operating system and their versions.

    Check there and see if you can get your issue resolved.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  19. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #619  
    Will freeTether have the ability to track data consumption? Netstat never worked very well for me, just want to keep an eye on my monthy 5GB cap
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  20. #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Will freeTether have the ability to track data consumption? Netstat never worked very well for me, just want to keep an eye on my monthy 5GB cap
    I think in theory freeTether tethering should be on your unlimited data, not out of the Mobile HotSpot 5GB. I'd be curious to find out. If freeTether tethering is essentially unlimited, then why even use the VZW Mobile HotSpot?

Posting Permissions