Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 705
  1. #541  
    Originally Posted by kristoffer10
    For those who want to use the FT as a wifi hotspot for your PS3 you're gonna have to connect manually and you also have to change your wifi security to "Open" status on your Pre. Go to network connections on your PS3 system, then go to Internet connections enter this:

    IP: 10.1.1.200
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Router: 10.1.1.11
    Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

    and leave the the secondary at 0.0.0.0 and you are golden! Been connected to the PS3 network for about 20 minutes or so with no lag at all, runs pretty smoothly. Give it a try

    thanks for the info!! I have it running vs using a verizon mifi we have been using for work which would lag quite a bit as well would get a connection interrupted message. There doesn't seem to be any lagging yet (approx 30 min) but still get the connection interuptted message. Which I don't understand since the network setting screen shows signal strength at 100%. Anywho thanks for the numbers because I would never have been able to understand what you guys were talking about.
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will the launch parameter be available? I have setup a mode to launch when in the car and would like it to just turn on if possible.
    No we have not implemented that yet. That will probably not make it in until post 1.0.0 when we work on other bling like actions exhibition mode.
  3. #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I am not ignoring these recent bugs with the cookie/prefs. I've been busy working on some conference papers. I will get to these issues asap.
    The bug with losing wifi settings is easily "fixed" just make your changes to the wifi settings, back swipe to start screen and close the app. When you reopen it, your settings are there and will work when you enable the wifi hotspot. - just saying this so people can adjust settings before update is ready.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    No we have not implemented that yet. That will probably not make it in until post 1.0.0 when we work on other bling like actions exhibition mode.
    Thanks good to know.
  5. #545  
    Couldnt get usb to work, so bought a usb wifi adapter . Works great, posting from the pc now, planning to send donation soon.
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by dugd111 View Post
    Originally Posted by kristoffer10
    For those who want to use the FT as a wifi hotspot for your PS3 you're gonna have to connect manually and you also have to change your wifi security to "Open" status on your Pre. Go to network connections on your PS3 system, then go to Internet connections enter this:

    IP: 10.1.1.200
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Router: 10.1.1.11
    Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

    and leave the the secondary at 0.0.0.0 and you are golden! Been connected to the PS3 network for about 20 minutes or so with no lag at all, runs pretty smoothly. Give it a try

    thanks for the info!! I have it running vs using a verizon mifi we have been using for work which would lag quite a bit as well would get a connection interrupted message. There doesn't seem to be any lagging yet (approx 30 min) but still get the connection interuptted message. Which I don't understand since the network setting screen shows signal strength at 100%. Anywho thanks for the numbers because I would never have been able to understand what you guys were talking about.
    I still can't get it to work.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark


    The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  7. #547  
    FEATURE REQUEST: I'm sure this has been asked for already, but could FreeTether add the ability to track your data-usage during a session?
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    FEATURE REQUEST: I'm sure this has been asked for already, but could FreeTether add the ability to track your data-usage during a session?
    Posted back a page or few ago, there was a link listed as to where bugs/feature requests can be logged. That site to request features or submit bugs is here.

    I also have that link on the freeTether wiki (listed in the troubleshooting section and the end of the status section), but admit it doesn't really say anything about feature requests. I will change that when I get a second or two.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #549  
    Why would people pay for MyTether or mess with pirating the Verizon app if FreeTether works as well as it appears too and can now be installed from Preware... am I missing something?

    Also, FreeTether uses the cell phone's data connection, right? I mean, the cell provider just sees it as if the phone is accessing whatever and doesn't see it as tethering, right?
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblob9000 View Post
    Why would people pay for MyTether or mess with pirating the Verizon app if FreeTether works as well as it appears too and can now be installed from Preware... am I missing something?

    Also, FreeTether uses the cell phone's data connection, right? I mean, the cell provider just sees it as if the phone is accessing whatever and doesn't see it as tethering, right?
    For me, that's correct, but for another here, Verizon still took the data usage from his Mobile Hotspot plan. I have Verizon, too.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. #551  
    anyway to make sure it goes through the phone's data and not tether? anyway to tell before you get the bill for a bunch of tether usage what it's doing? (on sprint)
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblob9000 View Post
    anyway to make sure it goes through the phone's data and not tether? anyway to tell before you get the bill for a bunch of tether usage what it's doing? (on sprint)
    On Sprint you will be fine, just make sure you're not roaming a lot.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblob9000 View Post
    anyway to make sure it goes through the phone's data and not tether? anyway to tell before you get the bill for a bunch of tether usage what it's doing? (on sprint)
    As of Nov (I think it was), Sprint changed their Unlimited Data plans. They no longer has the soft cap of 5 gig. Now it is truly unlimited! And I can attest to it as my wife goes well over 5 gig/month more often than not.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    As of Nov (I think it was), Sprint changed their Unlimited Data plans. They no longer has the soft cap of 5 gig. Now it is truly unlimited! And I can attest to it as my wife goes well over 5 gig/month more often than not.
    I was going over 5GB with Sprint often for over 3 years with no issues.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15. #555  
    Wonderful App!
    I noticed that WIFI security (if desired) needs to be set prior to enabling WIFI. Not necessarily a bug, but other similar apps I have used, allow the security to be changed from the Open to Secure state on the fly.
  16. #556  
    Anyone else use freetether(Bluetooth) with a samsung galaxy tab yet.
    I have a sprint pixi so no wifi for me.
    I can get them to pair, but i can't get online with the tab.
    Anything else i need to do besides pair them?
    When they are paired I dont see the TAB on the connected devices list. anyone...
    my freetether works cause i used it with a laptop and usb connect. no usb either on the TAB. so stuck trying to use bluetooth. any help would be appreciated. thanks again.
  17. #557  
    i have been trying to get freetether working for a while and i have ran into some problems. first off my computer does not recognize my pixi as an ethernet gadget, but a network adapter. I am wondering if this is causing problems for my driver setup? any ideas on what I should do. I have gone through all the step by step guides but still cant get it operating. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by groe886; 01/31/2011 at 01:23 PM.
  18. #558  
    Your title says mytether, but your post says freetether. Which app are you having problems with?
  19. #559  
    sorry for the goof. I am using the new freetether.
  20. #560  
    <<merged thread>>

Posting Permissions