Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    I also meant to add the error I am getting is: network doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    I didn't see anything saying anything about installing MHS. Do I need to install MHS aswell for FT to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBender View Post
    I didn't see anything saying anything about installing MHS. Do I need to install MHS aswell for FT to work?
    No
    Well, actually your best bet (and it might have been mentioned to do so) would be to remove all previous versions of freeTether, freeTetherD and MHS before installing this newest version. freeTether does not need MHS to work.

It sounds like in future versions, freeTether and MHS may play nicely together if you needed to have both installed.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I've yet to actually try out the USB tethering yet, but have a question about the preferences for that.

Could someone please elaborate as to what the USB preferences in the list mean. Is one better than the others? Does another do something that the others don't? Does one work better with a particular OS or setup? etc...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well, actually your best bet (and it might have been mentioned to do so) would be to remove all previous versions of freeTether, freeTetherD and MHS before installing this newest version. freeTether does not need MHS to work.

It sounds like in future versions, freeTether and MHS may play nicely together if you needed to have both installed.
    the only thing I have installed is freetether. Today I don't get any connection. I was able to connect yesturday, but the data connection would drop and pages could load fully. Was gonna try it again today, but now the connection fails to enable.
    the only thing I have installed is freetether. Today I don't get any connection. I was able to connect yesturday, but the data connection would drop and pages could load fully. Was gonna try it again today, but now the connection fails to enable.
    Did you reboot your device (not luna restart, but full on reboot)?

8.    #448  
    I've yet to actually try out the USB tethering yet, but have a question about the preferences for that.

Could someone please elaborate as to what the USB preferences in the list mean. Is one better than the others? Does another do something that the others don't? Does one work better with a particular OS or setup? etc...
    UMS = USB Mass Storage
    Passthru = ACM + Serial
    USBNET = RNDIS (aka usbnet)
    NOVACOM = Dev mode
    I have rebooted phone and computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    UMS = USB Mass Storage
    Passthru = ACM + Serial
    USBNET = RNDIS (aka usbnet)
    NOVACOM = Dev mode
    Thanks for your reply.

I guess I knew what the acronyms meant by themselves... maybe what I was trying to ask is what do each of those settings exactly do while tethering USB to a computer?

Such as UMS, while tethering USB to a computer, does that mean my Pre would also be available as a mass storage device?

I'd rather have good info put out there instead of my assumptions, so please excuse the naivety regarding my questions on this topic.

Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering.

Thanks again PuffTheMagic.

Where the hell do i download this thing from. I have the feed installed. I don't see it on preware though.
    Thanks for your reply.

I guess I knew what the acronyms meant by themselves... maybe what I was trying to ask is what do each of those settings exactly do while tethering USB to a computer?

Such as UMS, while tethering USB to a computer, does that mean my Pre would also be available as a mass storage device?

I'd rather have good info put out there instead of my assumptions, so please excuse the naivety regarding my questions on this topic.

Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering.

Thanks again PuffTheMagic.
    We'll probably remove/hide the USB settings screen as it is probably outside the scope of tethering. The only thing for tethering you need is usbnet which the USB toggle will handle for you.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    We'll probably remove/hide the USB settings screen as it is probably outside the scope of tethering. The only thing for tethering you need is usbnet which the USB toggle will handle for you.
    Fair enough.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by blacjac30 View Post
    Where the hell do i download this thing from. I have the feed installed. I don't see it on preware though.
    Did you setup both feeds in Preware? See the OP for the testing feed link. It explains the two you will need. If you have both proper feeds, just type "freetether" at the main Preware screen (no quotes of course), then press the return/enter key on your keyboard. If you have both proper feeds setup in Preware, you'll see it.

I have rebooted phone and computer.
    Sorry.
    Beyond removing, rebooting then installing again; I'm out of ideas.

Feature request:

have an option to auto start bluetooth, wifi or USB tethering when the app launches. This will make things like Modeswitcher be able to launch the app and have tethering enabled without any user input.
    I'm finding since using this that my Pre goes into 1x mode way more often and usually only when wifi tether is turned on. Anyone else observing this? It's so painfully slow in 1x..
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i had hacked my way to get this before for my sprint pre. that used 3 apps (freeTether 0.0.1, freeTetherD and the mobile hotspot app) which of these (if any) do i still need anter getting the latest version of freeTether 0.99.12
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdsurfer View Post
    i had hacked my way to get this before for my sprint pre. that used 3 apps (freeTether 0.0.1, freeTetherD and the mobile hotspot app) which of these (if any) do i still need anter getting the latest version of freeTether 0.99.12
    You should remove all of them before attempting to install the newest freeTether.

When freeTether hits 1.0, everyone should hit Engadget and other blogs up with the story. This app will be epic goodness.