Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    The newest version of freetether I see is v0.0.1, is that right? I have (I thought) the right testing feeds on.. Right?
    Your username says it all.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I saw a tweet earlier, that we need to remove the old version of freetether before we install this.
    I am on Sprint Pre.

I have the following installed:
    Freetether
    freetetherd
    ip forwarding patch
    MHS

What all needs to go and what can I keep?

TIA.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    @PuffTheMagic,
    Just checking whether you expect this to work on a Pre that has MyTether installed. (If you don't know, I can probably try it once it's ready and let you know whether they seem to work when both are installed.)

thanks very much for your effort,
    --
    Bob
    I have no clue if it will work with that installed because I my self have never used myTether... I would remove it to avoid issues but if you want to test with it installed go ahead.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I saw a tweet earlier, that we need to remove the old version of freetether before we install this.
    I am on Sprint Pre.

I have the following installed:
    Freetether
    freetetherd
    ip forwarding patch
    MHS

What all needs to go and what can I keep?

TIA.
    remove all of that as the Freetether (the GUI) and freetetherd (the service) have merged into one package with a new package id, installing the new version will not uninstall or overwrite any of that old stuff so its best to clean it out manually before hand to avoid any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your username says it all.

-- Rod
    ltm you to funny.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    ltm you to funny.
    Haven't heard that one before.. good job...............

And my question still wasn't answered by that sarcastic statement.
    Sprint Love

Yes it was! You don't see it because it hasn't been released yet! AKA You're checking too early! :P Get it now??
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Read the posts above, answer is there.
    It's not live yet, you'll see it once it becomes available.

Everything so far (both in this thread and the PreCentral article) has said that it is not released yet. You are "too early".

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    It showed up for me in Preware. I downloaded and installed it, but it doesn't seem to be working yet. I can't get to the Preferences, they're greyed out.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Rod wasn't being sarcastic... just literal. you were "too early" ... it wasn't/isn't released yet...
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    It showed up for me in Preware. I downloaded and installed it, but it doesn't seem to be working yet. I can't get to the Preferences, they're greyed out.
    Which version are you talking about ?
    I don't think 0.99.0 or 0.99.1 is in Preware yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    @PuffTheMagic,
    Just checking whether you expect this to work on a Pre that has MyTether installed. (If you don't know, I can probably try it once it's ready and let you know whether they seem to work when both are installed.)

thanks very much for your effort,
    --
    Bob
    If you want to be sure freeTether works, then remove MyTether before installing freeTether. Even if it turns out that freeTether installs and works without removing that app first, not removing it might cause problems later.

Ryan and Eric as well as webOS Internals are here to support freeTether and it's user base. Why would anyone want to keep another tethering application that's had no consistent support available for it's user base, especially if leaving that unsupported application installed has the potential to adversly impact the use of freeTether?

Thanks,
    TTB

EDIT: Besides, we don't want to see Ryan and Eric chasing down bugs caused by an unsupported application you won't need anymore.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/04/2011 at 10:20 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    I've removed the old versions from the feeds, so there is no more confusion about that. You should immediately uninstall the packages that you installed.

-- Rod
    Another minor version bump:

Version: 0.99.2

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    YAHOO 8 more to go.

Damn, I need to put the Beer away before I "p i s s" someone off

YAHOO 8 more to go.

Noooooooooooo, No more tonight, Please!
    Damn, I need to put the Beer away before I "p i s s" someone off
    too late!

Up to Version: 0.99.3 now .....

Bet that's gonna be it, they tagged it!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, up to 0.99.4
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/04/2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added tag info
    Man this is so great.
    I love how this community supports the users.
    Some times it can get ugly in here but it's not not bad compared to other sites.
    I'm so glad I'm a part of this awesomeness.

this is like 2/9. I fill like a kid in a candy store and dad said you got to wait for the man to make it.

P.S I don't drink on Mondays

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast