Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Thanks for all the great work!

My question is, would it be possible with multiple devices connected, to disconnect one without affecting the others. Something like swipe away to disconnect.
    last night I was checking to see if FT used part of my MHS 5gb by checking what I had previously used with MHS. Then turned on FT and did some interent stuff and downloaded some stuff to be sure. This morning I checked my data usage and it had changed. So for me, it used part of my 5gb. This was all with wifi, I'm gonna check with usb (as soon as I figure it out) and check again. Keep ya'll posted.
    I doubt you would ever get to 5GB unless you are running the hotspot 24-7...I wouldn't worry about that 5GB cap
    hey guys I'm sorry to ask this question but I looked and tried eveything to get usb tether to work and nothing! I installed free tether 99.9 ver turn on usb leave it on the reccomned settings hook it up to my windows vista and nothing!? What do I do? What else do I gota install?

Vista 32 or 64 bit?

hey warlord 9159 my vista is a 32 bit
    sorry if it's confusing but I don't know who to quote like everybody here
    first, get the latest update 0.99.11. Not that it may change anything you're trying to accomplish, but the devs need your version to be the latest.

Edit: I'm going to try USB later today (first attempt failed), so I might be back here with ya.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooz0977 View Post
    It does not say to do download one of each on the instruction page. Thank you for the information. I have downloaded it and it is working.

Here is the simplest way.
    The only supported way is to read the testing feed wiki, add the correct testing feeds to Preware (all and device specific), and install via Preware. Manual installations will never pick up the constant updates that will happen to the software. I really hope to get away from inferior installation methods that will only contribute to the usage of old and outdated versions of software.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Thanks for all the great work!

My question is, would it be possible with multiple devices connected, to disconnect one without affecting the others. Something like swipe away to disconnect.
    It's on the list, please refer to the following from the first post in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Please note this is a beta/test release so don't get all worked up if you encounter a bug. Please review the bug/features listed on freeTether - Issues - WebOS Internals Redmine before submitting your own.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by hrschu View Post
    last night I was checking to see if FT used part of my MHS 5gb by checking what I had previously used with MHS. Then turned on FT and did some interent stuff and downloaded some stuff to be sure. This morning I checked my data usage and it had changed. So for me, it used part of my 5gb. This was all with wifi, I'm gonna check with usb (as soon as I figure it out) and check again. Keep ya'll posted.
    Strange, my last MHS use was Monday, and I usually call #DATA to get SMS msgs with my usage and it's usually updated daily for me. Mine hasn't been updated since Monday 1/3 and I've used freeTether every day since then. Do you have a Pre Plus or Pixi Plus? I've been doing all this on a Pixi Plus.
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 01/07/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I was on Xbox Live yesterday via freeTether, and it worked great overall, but when I ran the connection test, I received the "NAT Moderate" status, and was unable to connect to certain friends for matches. Is there any way to change the NAT to open, or is that a webOS limitation? I tried the connection with the Xbox wireless adapter as well as Internet Connection Sharing from my laptop via an ethernet cable.
    @egaudet any idea about this? Keep up the good work, .99.11 is very stable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by arxb2 View Post
    Can someone getting error obtaining ip address error try this method on the device giving the error so I can see if this fix just works on the Playstation3?

also this error was there with MHS with Playstation 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by arxb2 View Post
    had this issue when testing ps3. I had to manualy setup network settings (ip, dns, gateway).

I connect phone to laptop through wifi pulled up connection details and enter the info as shown there. Made ip address 1 number higher than the one the pre gave to my pc. I was using open wifi(no security). Hope this helps.

dns and gateway were 10.1.1.11 on my phone not sure if the same for all but assuming it will be the same for all pre's
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude this was awesome.. I am online with my PS3.. quick note to everyone else that is using the Pre to connect to the internet for your PS3.. default router and DNS are the same number... 10.1.1.11 and make sure you go one up on the ip addy... 10.1.1.51 was mine.. Might be the same for you. So going to 10.1.1.52 might work for ya.. Just check your connectiong info... Window platform open command prompt then type ipconfig and you will get all the info you need.... Big Up you the Webos-internals crew.. And thanx for the small tidbit of info... Loving my Pre more and more everyday... Original Pre from 09 launch Sprint ... Won't change for nothing.. Just waiting for the Palmpad
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I'm also with sprint and I'm running the 0.99.11 version of FT. The primary DNS is Google's public primary DNS (8.8.8.8) and it appears to work just fine. Not too familiar with the DNS that you gave me though, unless you are referring to the Default Router, then yes, I used 10.1.1.11.
    10.1.1.11 is the DNS freetether using wifi assigns to my windows 7 pc so I used it I have gottin a DNS error once on the PS3. I like this idea after work I'm going to test with Sprint DNS servers due to it being less hops.
    I posted this once and got no answers so I'll try again.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    I'm trying to use usb tethering on my home computer, but I don't have the novacomd driver. My home computer has no internet access. Is there a direct download link that I can download on my laptop (or pre) and then install on my home computer? (my computer is running windows 7 32 bit)
    Quote Originally Posted by inodaspot View Post
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude this was awesome.. I am online with my PS3.. quick note to everyone else that is using the Pre to connect to the internet for your PS3.. default router and DNS are the same number... 10.1.1.11 and make sure you go one up on the ip addy... 10.1.1.51 was mine.. Might be the same for you. So going to 10.1.1.52 might work for ya.. Just check your connectiong info... Window platform open command prompt then type ipconfig and you will get all the info you need.... Big Up you the Webos-internals crew.. And thanx for the small tidbit of info... Loving my Pre more and more everyday... Original Pre from 09 launch Sprint ... Won't change for nothing.. Just waiting for the Palmpad
    does anybody know if there's a tuturial video on youtube or anywhwere else I can check cuz I have no internet access with my computer. My daughter lost my wireless adaptor n that's why I want to usb tether but I can't figure it out. It's a vista 32 bit in case anyone can please help
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Let me get straight you want to setup you laptop, then connect it to the net via wired network or air card. Then instead of using the laptop to do things you want to use a tiny palm pre?

Not sure if the pre connects to ad hoc networks but if it does.

How to make your laptop act as a router
    YES!!!!
    Is more updating the phone, download podcasts for my commuting and such.

I tried that but looks like the Pre isn't able to connect to Ad-hoc networks
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    does anybody know if there's a tuturial video on youtube or anywhwere else I can check cuz I have no internet access with my computer. My daughter lost my wireless adaptor n that's why I want to usb tether but I can't figure it out. It's a vista 32 bit in case anyone can please help
    Use these steps, they are from the MyTether website:

Instructions for USB Tethering on Vista and Windows 7 by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista/Windows 7
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

This link might also help: http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by inodaspot View Post
    Pre
    webOS 1.4.5
    fT 0.99.11
    W7 Pro (Laptop)

USB connection successful upon manually installing driver (again W7 Pro):
    Network adapters
    Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device
    Properties
    Update Driver
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Select Network Adapter:
    Manufacturer=Microsoft Corporation
    Network Adapter=Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device

Streaming an HD Flash webcast on my laptop to see if the USB charging can keep battery charged.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    When I had both wifi and BT running at the same time the power draw exceeded the charge rate from the touchstone. Not by much, but charge was going down. Either one alone in use and the charge rate exceeded the draw. But, as I say, this was on the touchstone, not the usb charge.

Now, as an aside, and in total fairness to TTB (or rather his employer), (I had earlier posted FT results while my DSL line was down) when I got off chat with AT&T customer support and called a real human (which was surprisingly easy to get out of VM-hadies), I explained I had no sync on the three different modems, they said, it must be us, we'll check it out and it ought to be up by 5:00. I explained that I have to do work that has a public safety connection and without dsl I can't do my job, so if you fail to do it by 5:00 lives could be at stake over the weekend, she said hold on, came back 5 minutes later said networking was checking the line, another 5 minute wait, she came back said reset your modem and try it now. BAM! It was back. She said the DSLAM needed a reset. I hate to say nice things about AT&T, but GOOD JOB!