Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    just a special thanks for the hard work done devolping this app! I view the forum often, don't post much, but I really wanted to thank the developers for this one. Of course All should donate on this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by gestrada0141 View Post
    Also any time that I start preware... i get the same error screen...... help!
    same thing happened to me. My workaround was to download the app from the webos internals index, email it to myself, open the email on the phone, download the attachment, tap on it, preware will open, tap install. done!
    So, am I the only 1 who had free Tether kill my MHS?

I realize that technically there is no need to have both apps installed. I just feel better knowing that I have a back up plan. I used to keep MHS and myTether installed, but after a trip to the Dr, I didn't bother reinstalling myTether since it is completely useless for wifi and the old freeTether could do USB.

So anyway, I originally posted about this issue somewhere around page 6 last night. After installing freeTether, my MHS 1.0.14 no longer functions. When I turn on the toggle in MHS, it does nothing. Doesn't say it is enabling, doesn't show the "connected devices" box. Nothing.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    So, am I the only 1 who had free Tether kill my MHS?

I realize that technically there is no need to have both apps installed. I just feel better knowing that I have a back up plan. I used to keep MHS and myTether installed, but after a trip to the Dr, I didn't bother reinstalling myTether since it is completely useless for wifi and the old freeTether could do USB.

So anyway, I originally posted about this issue somewhere around page 6 last night. After installing freeTether, my MHS 1.0.14 no longer functions. When I turn on the toggle in MHS, it does nothing. Doesn't say it is enabling, doesn't show the "connected devices" box. Nothing.
    Turn off all the interfaces in freeTether, and then reboot. Don't run freeTether again before running MHS.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Also any time that I start preware... i get the same error screen...... help!
    Have you considered posting a screenshot of the error screen?

Disable feeds on the Manage Feeds page until you find the one which is causing the problem. If they are all causing the problem, then it's a problem with your network connection.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Problems with this .96 build so far that I have experienced:

Cant kill the wifi tether session without a reboot (luna restart doesn't do it, didn't try java restart)

When I was able to toggle the wifi and the IP forwarding stopped, I couldn't get it to start back up without a reboot.

On the other hand, I saw 1.71mb down and .06mb uploads. I usually only see about 1.2mb down on MHS, so this appears to be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Turn off all the interfaces in freeTether, and then reboot. Don't run freeTether again before running MHS.

-- Rod
    Tried that, still no luck. On the plus side, I've used freeTether wifi for a total of about 10 hours now (4hrs last night + 6 hrs tonight) without a problem!

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scytherfwd View Post

Cant kill the wifi tether session without a reboot (luna restart doesn't do it, didn't try java restart)

When I was able to toggle the wifi and the IP forwarding stopped, I couldn't get it to start back up without a reboot.

On the other hand, I saw 1.71mb down and .06mb uploads. I usually only see about 1.2mb down on MHS, so this appears to be faster.
    If you have read through the thread, you would know this is a known issue right now and will eventually be fixed.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I am having a bit more trouble with 0.99.7, this is on the Pre2 (2.0.1). Wifi and BT indicate a connection, but, in fact, there is none, nor can I get out to the internet on the phone directly. With USB the laptop indicates it is not connected, but in fact it is and I am on it now.

Interesting, eh? It'd be interesting to know if others see any of this and on which hardware, i.e. phone type and os version?
    If you turned on security for the WiFi tethering, make sure the client device is set to WPA2-Personal and TKIP(not AES which my Windows 7 laptop thought it was).
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I seem to have resolved some of my problems by turning off ip-v6 on the laptop. I guess I had seen this before on other wifi connections in the past, but my connectivity is much better now. (Send from my laptop using freetether).
    Quote Originally Posted by scytherfwd View Post

As mentioned here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2815893, thanks to un_designer, toggling in & out of airplane mode will kill the freeTether service. Much quicker than a luna or full restart!

Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.

After this i get a error screen... any ideas???? help please!!!
    Check the url for the test feed make sure it is typed correctly. I got an error like this my issue was a typo in the test feed url.
    Can't express how impressed I am. Dead simple install ... and most importantly, I'm glad we don't have to continue hacking away at MHS. Donation being sent out shortly.

Suppose I'll continue to ask since nobody has responded. Is anyone successfully running this program with My Tether installed? Thanks...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Confirmed I couldn't connect with my Kindle 3G, blackberry still not working either. Never made it to checking my Sabayon laptop.
    Anyone know if Sprint will bug you about how much data you are using if you are on Sero Premium with unlimited data. I know it says unlimited however I dont know if they will hound me once I hit a certain amount. I was at 24MB of data yesterday, this morning im at 346MB .. Listened to Howard Stern with FreeTether + itouch all day yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Can one of the devs offer some insight on why WiFi tethering is slow for a large percentage of iOS users?
    Maybe you're just holding it wrong???
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven View Post
    Maybe you're just holding it wrong???
    LOL... Good one
    Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.

After this i get a error screen... any ideas???? help please!!!
    check your spelling. I was typing arm not armv. Forgot the v. At 1st glance you think it says arm.
    updated to 0.99.9
    speeds: 1.02/0.36

received phone call, wifi auto disconnected, ended call, wifi auto reconnected. Very good!
    I see pandas.