Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DriowOwsUv View Post
    I've noticed that FreeTether toggles the state of usbnet without a reboot, at least when tethering by usb. Currently, this leaves usbnet off once tethering is shut off. It'd be nice to return this to its' original state.
    I agree, this will be fixed. Although currently I thought it was coded to -not- touch it at all when toggling off. i.e. it will enable usbnet toggling on but leave it (usbnet enabled) when toggling off.

In any case, leaving the states of the interfaces the same as before toggling them on is the correct behavior IMO and we will add this.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Yep, that's what I'm trying and no devices show up. I set up pairing initially from the my laptop as well.
    What OS did you say you were doing this from? Is your phone running a WR image?

On your phone open up the "Device Info" app, scroll down to and press the more info button. Then, below the phone group you should see a list of supported bluetooth profiles. Does "PAN" show up in there?
    love it..installed with no problem and ran with no problems..using it now on my laptop.
    will def. be donating.. good work and thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have successfully installed freetether 0.99.6 on my Sprint Pre running WebOS 1.4.5. Using WiFi, I can connect to my Dell laptop running Windows XP. The problem is that the transfer rate is very low. Speedtest.net is reporting about 0.07 Mbits/s down. I have a solid 3G signal. Any ideas as to what might cause this?
    IS freetether .99.6 compatible with pre2 with 2.0.1 on at&t? After I run the program nothing is able to see SSID freeTether. I have turned WiFi off before running freetether. Cant wait for such a great program to work. Already donated, keep up the good work. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    What OS did you say you were doing this from? Is your phone running a WR image?
    Win7 on the laptop and an AT&T Pre Plus on 1.4.5. Not sure what WR image is though but it's the stock ROM with Uberkernal).

On your phone open up the "Device Info" app, scroll down to and press the more info button. Then, below the phone group you should see a list of supported bluetooth profiles. Does "PAN" show up in there?
    Interestingly it doesn't... maybe specific to AT&T ROM doesn't include it? It shows:

HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP,AVRCP,OPP
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    IS freetether .99.6 compatible with pre2 with 2.0.1 on at&t? After I run the program nothing is able to see SSID freeTether. I have turned WiFi off before running freetether. Cant wait for such a great program to work. Already donated, keep up the good work. thanks
    It should work on pre2 yes.

What Security mode? does toggle stay on and dhcp/ipforward leds lit?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I have the testing feed in Preware but still cannot find the Free Tether. All I get is the old one.
  9. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I've added the webOS internals (all) feed to Preware, which I've reloaded twice but still can't see freeTether anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    I've added the webOS internals (all) feed to Preware, which I've reloaded twice but still can't see freeTether anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
    You want device specific feed as well as the all feed when using testing feeds.

-Eric G

Donate
  11. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    You want device specific feed as well as the all feed when using testing feeds.
    Thanks. Works like a charm.

I can't see any options to enable a security key or a custom SSID for Wi-Fi tethering though. Are there plans to add these?
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Win7 on the laptop and an AT&T Pre Plus on 1.4.5. Not sure what WR image is though but it's the stock ROM with Uberkernal).

Interestingly it doesn't... maybe specific to AT&T ROM doesn't include it? It shows:

HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP,AVRCP,OPP
    I will have something in 0.99.7 that will attempt reenable PAN for you.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This is awesome work guys! I made sure I donated for your hard work transaction ID 9L924886YP918445G ...I've only tested WiFi tethering and that has worked perfectly with my laptop and iPod Touch when on so far.

The Wifi state thing is definitely there. When Wifi tethering is turned off, then my Pre Wifi turns on. I have version 0.99.6 installed from the armv7 testing feed, and just incase set Govnah to Pre Default speed for testing. A couple times the DHCP and IP Forwarding lights remain on after tethering has been turned off from the app, and I've fully restarted my phone twice already for good measure. I attached a screenshot of this issue happening as my WiFi came on, and the lights remained on also, even though the tethering was just turned off...

The only other Homebrew I have installed are non-testing versions of UberKernal, Govnah, Preware, Internalz, and the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Solen; 01/05/2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Brillaint, thank you

Palm Pre
    Windows 7

Had to add the webos internals testing feed for pre (not just the "all" you need the "armv7" one as well)

installed quickly and correctly first time.

Bluetooth:
    had to pair the pre with my computer from the computer side, "add device" etc, once that was done it worked perfectly.

USB:
    plugged into computer and the internet worked immediately.

WiFi:
    Didnt work first time (after previously using bluetooth and usb), closed freetether and opened it again and WiFi worked perfectly. Moved my computer about 20yards away and still had 2bars of signal.

unfortunately its not too fast:

i guess that is due to it being peak time in the UK. A friend in the UK had similar speeds, about .2mb down and .3mb up up!

Thank you very much to everyone who helped make this possible
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why connecting an Amazon Kindle to this (or MHS for that matter when I was using it), doesn't allow the Kindle to make a valid WiFi connection? All of my laptops and other devices work... The Kindle connects, and then says 'Failed'. Just curious if anyone else with A WiFi Kindle can test this out for me and see what causes this problem.

Thanks,
    Rick
    okay i feel stupid but i installed this version of freetether but i dont have a clue on how to use it. i used to tether last year but that was with going through and managing your computer updating novacom etc. etc. can someone please help me with this one? i would like to wifi and/or usb tether
    I will have something in 0.99.7 that will attempt reenable PAN for you.
    Cheers!

I can't see any options to enable a security key or a custom SSID for Wi-Fi tethering though. Are there plans to add these?
    Click the wifi row on the main screen in FreeTether and it takes you to the prefs screen where you can set it.

Tap on the wifi logo/bar, to the left of the toggle

Edit: Dang - scotty beat me to it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Does anyone know why connecting an Amazon Kindle to this (or MHS for that matter when I was using it), doesn't allow the Kindle to make a valid WiFi connection? All of my laptops and other devices work... The Kindle connects, and then says 'Failed'. Just curious if anyone else with A WiFi Kindle can test this out for me and see what causes this problem.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Does the kindle support WPA2? (if you're using a password)