Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Check if /opt is mounted or whether it's a real directory (reboot, then use "mount" to check that.

If /opt is mounted, and contains everything you need, then just remove /var/opt.

If /opt is a real directory rather than a mount, then you should save everything you need from it and remove it so that the optware bootstrap script can mount over it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks Rod, I was trying to do that on device, but want not having any luck, do I need to check that with a PC or am I able to check the mount status on-device. If so, please point me in the right direction for the process to do..
    thanks again Rod,
    tp
    I think I might be good, will run some tests and post update. What I did was this: tried to just change linux permissions for the var/opt & the /opt folders to all have read/write access through Internalz, but that didn't solve, but the next thing I tried was I just renamed the old /opt folder to /opt_temp rename and then installed the bootstrap. It installed! Sweet! I just need to reinstall all other optware and reboot. If I'm able to install all other optware, do I need to do anything with the old renamed opt folder or am I safe to delete that whole thing?
    tp
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    I think I might be good, will run some tests and post update. What I did was this: tried to just change linux permissions for the var/opt & the /opt folders to all have read/write access through Internalz, but that didn't solve, but the next thing I tried was I just renamed the old /opt folder to /opt_temp rename and then installed the bootstrap. It installed! Sweet! I just need to reinstall all other optware and reboot. If I'm able to install all other optware, do I need to do anything with the old renamed opt folder or am I safe to delete that whole thing?
    tp
    Yep, a rename of /opt would do the trick.

Once you're sure you've got everything you want out of it, just reboot and then delete opt_temp completely.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thank you sir, much obliged
    tp
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

I'm having issues getting OpenSSH/OpenSSH SFTP working on my VZW FrankenPre 2 running on Sprint.

I had it running fine on my Pre- and it works perfectly on my TouchPad.

What I notice is that sshd is running on my TouchPad, not on my Pre 2.
    When I do an 'ls -l' of my TP's /opt directory I get:
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Sep  8 10:27 bin
    drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Sep  7 19:48 etc
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Sep  7 19:48 lib
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Sep  8 10:27 libexec
    drwx------    2 root     root         12288 Sep  7 19:48 lost+found
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Sep  8 10:27 sbin
    drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Sep  7 19:48 share
    drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Sep  8 10:27 var
    When I do the same on the Pre 2, I only get:
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Sep 21 13:29 bin
    drwx------    2 root     root         12288 Jul 14 22:55 lost+found
    drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Sep 21 13:28 share
    So sbin and any symlinks are missing, hence sshd is not running.
    Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting.
    I've also tried uninstalling, deleting the /opt directory, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting.
    I have a Sprint FrankenPre2, and I'm having an odd issue with SSH/SFTP.

After installing it, it works perfectly and I can connect with WinSCP and putty. After a full device reset (not a luna restart), it stops working (can no longer connect).

If I remove OpenSSH and SFTP server (just those 2 packages), then reinstall them, it works again until the next device reset. If logs are necessary to help diagnose the problem, I can get them.

I tried removing all of the optware packages, deleting the /opt directory, and reinstalling, but that did not help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12